Mikey Johnstone Call Up? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mikey Johnstone Call Up?

Guest ElChris04

Would you Call Up Mikey Johnstone For Cyprus/Belgium?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One:

• Aye, Call Him Up
    • Naw, Too Early

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/30/2019 at 10:27 AM

1 hour ago, ElChris04 said:

Was literally talking to a guy on here a few days ago about Brophy being worthy of a  Scotland Call Up, another that would be worth looking at is jack harper. Both could be our striking partnership going forward for years to come. 

I'd pick Brophy too.  He doesn't score loads but he can make a defence work.

11 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I'd pick Brophy too.  He doesn't score loads but he can make a defence work.

I’d be surprised if he’s not in the squad. 

I haven’t seen a lot of him but Clarke obviously rates him. 

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I find it hilarious, but not surprising, that you question my use of exaggeration and then exaggerate wildly in your next sentence. 

Anyway, it’s irrelevant what we all think. We’ll find out next week whether Johnston is in the squad or not. 

I was joking, lighten up

21 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

The irony is aswell me being the thread creator, I’ve got Irish roots.. 😂 , my grandpa was Irish and my dad is half Irish, but Scotland is my country and where I was born so that’s what I care for, I found the comment pretty poor but didn’t want to make a big fuss. If he feels like that with the McGeedy and McCarthy Situation then ahh well. 

On another note though, if I was in Mikey’s shoes, like myself who has a Irish Grandpa & Da, hopefully he feels the same as me and is committed to his Country or brith.

Absolutely.

Shite like ''those fuckers over there'' is pretty distasteful. Considering they would more than likely be our best pals/allies if Scotland was an independent country, and the rich links/history we have with Ireland.

I think Mikey will play for Scotland. Ireland were trying to twist his arm last year and he stuck with Scotland went to the Toulon and played brilliantly and scoring a couple of peaches, I think he may well be in the squad for the next game.

9 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Absolutely.

Shite like ''those fuckers over there'' is pretty distasteful. Considering they would more than likely be our best pals/allies if Scotland was an independent country, and the rich links/history we have with Ireland.

Correct.

It gives ammunition to certain anti-Scottish types (like Galloway and Findlay) with agendas to push, that hate the TA and like to portray Scotland and the Scottish people as backward hillbillies.

22 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Absolutely.

FFS, O'Neill. How in any way are they ''whores?'' considering we do the same by trying to get English players to play for us. ''Them fuckers over there'' as well, is stinking language.

We have some Irish posters on here, O'Neill including the very friendly and helpful Newry Rep.

Levein, Strachan and McLeish (both spells) each went publicly begging to certain English born players, the most recent being Che Adams who wasn't interested.

From interactions I've had with Newryrep mostly over on YBIG, I've always found him to be a good friend of Scotland and great ambassador for his beloved Ireland. He is very welcome. :ok:

50 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

No.

Nowhere near good enough to be in the Celtic team let alone a Scotland squad.

Her's proving today that his development as a senior football player is still in its infancy.

Agree. I don't get the hype. 

Thought he played well. Probably a just over a 6.5/10. 

Nice dribble with his first touches of the game, leaving Michael Smith on his arse and then made the right choice in slipping it through for Hayes. Nice touch and through ball giving Edouard a similar kind of opportunity to his second goal - unfortunate that it was incorrectly called as offside and Edouard missed. Good run into the box and intelligent back heel to set McGregor up to cross. Didn't do too much apart from this but this is really effective play in the right area and better than Forrest or Sinclair produced. 

Needs to work on his final ball and decision making but for me he's good enough to call up for Scotland (as the 4th choice winger) with the players we have available at the moment. Could learn a lot from Ryan Fraser who seems to make the right decision in the final 3rd more than almost anyone in Britain. 

2 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Thought he played well. Probably a just over a 6.5/10. 

Nice dribble with his first touches of the game, leaving Michael Smith on his arse and then made the right choice in slipping it through for Hayes. Nice touch and through ball giving Edouard a similar kind of opportunity to his second goal - unfortunate that it was incorrectly called as offside and Edouard missed. Good run into the box and intelligent back heel to set McGregor up to cross. Didn't do too much apart from this but this is really effective play in the right area and better than Forrest or Sinclair produced. 

Needs to work on his final ball and decision making but for me he's good enough to call up for Scotland (as the 4th choice winger) with the players we have available at the moment. Could learn a lot from Ryan Fraser who seems to make the right decision in the final 3rd more than almost anyone in Britain. 

You thought he played well?

What game were you watching?

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

You thought he played well?

What game were you watching?

I'll admit there were occasions where he made the wrong pass and I think he once(?) took his eye off the ball and miss-controlled. I think you must be remembering these instead of what I mentioned above. His good play outweighed his bad. 

27 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

I'll admit there were occasions where he made the wrong pass and I think he once(?) took his eye off the ball and miss-controlled. I think you must be remembering these instead of what I mentioned above. His good play outweighed his bad. 

I would go with average at best and I would only be that generous because Celtic played poorly as a whole. 

Johnston got into a couple of decent positions but did nothing with the ball. He also lost possession at least 3 times, two of which you appear to be forgetting. He was pretty anonymous before being substituted. 

I don’t think he’s a bad player by any means but if Clarke selects him in Tuesday I’ll be a bit surprised. 

A subdued performance from Johnston yesterday, I thought (although Morgan hasn't been great for Sunderland so far today either, so technically my earlier comment about Johnston showing more promise than him still holds :P).

On the plus side, I thought John Souttar - a player who has never really impressed me - had a great game; hopefully a sign of him improving.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

A subdued performance from Johnston yesterday, I thought (although Morgan hasn't been great for Sunderland so far today either, so technically my earlier comment about Johnston showing more promise than him still holds :P).

On the plus side, I thought John Souttar - a player who has never really impressed me - had a great game; hopefully a sign of him improving.

Morgan isn't anywhere near good enough for Celtic or Scotland. 

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

Souttar was excellent, he's only 22 and could still improve and get better.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Souttar was excellent, he's only 22 and could still improve and get better.

I think he’ll definitely still improve. Most footballers don’t hit their peak until 27 or 28 but I think it can be even older for central defenders for some reason. 

The more experience he gets in cup finals and internationals etc. the better he’ll get. 

Delighted to see the faux-outrage from the paddy-sympathisers in our support...I have nearly as much disdain for that mob over there as I do for England.

I had the misfortune to enter their end at Hampden during a match some years ago now, how I managed to mistake our end from theirs I have no idea, and how I got through the turnstiles with a home end ticket I don't know either, but I did...kilt and Scotland top on. The vitriol I received from their fans, (some with Scottish accents) was really strange. Stewards took me out and into the Scotland end. My fault completely, but I've never had anytime for the cunts since...add the McGeady scenario, which isn't just a footballing issue but a social one over here, given the high number of 'green, white and gold' kid-on republican, born and bred Scots that would rather see Ireland beat our country...nah fuck them, cunts that they are. The boy from Northern Ireland that supports Southern Ireland might well be a gem of a guy though.

And, believe it or not, I've a fair bit of ancestry from that part of the world myself.

41 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Delighted to see the faux-outrage from the paddy-sympathisers in our support...I have nearly as much disdain for that mob over there as I do for England.

I had the misfortune to enter their end at Hampden during a match some years ago now, how I managed to mistake our end from theirs I have no idea, and how I got through the turnstiles with a home end ticket I don't know either, but I did...kilt and Scotland top on. The vitriol I received from their fans, (some with Scottish accents) was really strange. Stewards took me out and into the Scotland end. My fault completely, but I've never had anytime for the cunts since...add the McGeady scenario, which isn't just a footballing issue but a social one over here, given the high number of 'green, white and gold' kid-on republican, born and bred Scots that would rather see Ireland beat our country...nah fuck them, cunts that they are. The boy from Northern Ireland that supports Southern Ireland might well be a gem of a guy though.

And, believe it or not, I've a fair bit of ancestry from that part of the world myself.

pp,550x550.jpg

2 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Your a disgrace.

10 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

What have you got against the English? Or the Irish for that matter?

It’s guys like you that give us a reputation for hating English people which is a load of shite. It’s a minority of doughballs that dislike people because of the country they come from.