Scottish cup final 2019 - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup final 2019

31 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Enjoyed Berra calling out Brown for being classless though, especially as he then goes on to say he didn't go and shake his hand. Brains aren't the big mans strong point.

The gimp Brown annoyed so much spent his time celebrating his goal against hibs with the hibs fans, didn’t hear Berra greeting to the press on that occasion. Swings roundabouts

Would like to see what VAR would have decided for the pen. From the highlights and slow-mo it's pretty clear that the forward leaves his foot on the keeper rather than the keeper taking the forward down.  At full speed, you can see why the ref has given it though and the keeper makes that decision even easier. 

4 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Totally agree with this. But it also makes him a complete cock. A cock you would have in your team for sure. But a cock never the less 😃

Do you think he would get away with the things he does during a game with one of the so called provincial clubs, numerous fouls but usually only gets a card near the end of a game.

3 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Do you think he would get away with the things he does during a game with one of the so called provincial clubs, numerous fouls but usually only gets a card near the end of a game.

Would he fuck 😂 very similar to ‘wee barry’ for the Huns. Both these fuckers got away with murder. 🙈

Hearts fans raging because it shouldn’t have been a penalty 😂😂😂

Lets go back to 2012. Hibs get a goal right on half time to get back in to the game, first couple of minutes into the second half and Kujabi pulls Suso about a good meter or two outside the box. The referee gives a penalty and reduces Hibs to 10 men which changes the whole dynamic of the game

They couldn’t even sell out their whole allocation for a Scottish Cup Final

Jambo bastards. Fuck them

2 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Lots of comments on here criticising Scott Brown's attitude, personality but not read (i don't think) any comments criticising his ability as a player, interesting. I'm assuming we all agree he has had a great career is/was a good player that every club in Scotland would of liked to of had in there team.

Why is it interesting?

Perhaps theres no comments criticising his ability because he is a good player.

It’s hilarious folk having a go at Broon. Especially Berra. Berra needs to, along with the rest of his club, take a long hard look in the mirror. Their tears have been excellent and their memories short and selective.

4 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

I find it interesting, is that ok with you?

Yes it is, I questioned why you find it interesting, that ok with you? 

Do you understand how forums work? people post opinions which usually means they are open to questioning.

Edited by vanderark14

7 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

People can decide who they want to discuss things with,  do you understand that?

Of course they can but this sounds more like you dont like being questioned and can't back up your opinion

Still no answer, now that's fucking interesting  

I read Brown has now won 20 odd trophies in his career, all in Scotland obviously.   All very well yes he has proved himself in Scotland with a side with far superior budget than the rest of the opposition. For me he's chosen an easy life and has never gone to truly test himself.  Fair enough prove you can win trophies at celtic for a couple of years max but guys like Tierney, McGregor, Forrest and Christie should not get sucked into that bubble of thinking lifes great winning matches up here for 10-15 years against totally disadvantaged opposition, they should now be looking for moves to better leagues.

3 minutes ago, JECK said:

I read Brown has now won 20 odd trophies in his career, all in Scotland obviously.   All very well yes he has proved himself in Scotland with a side with far superior budget than the rest of the opposition. For me he's chosen an easy life and has never gone to truly test himself.  Fair enough prove you can win trophies at celtic for a couple of years max but guys like Tierney, McGregor, Forrest and Christie should not get sucked into that bubble of thinking lifes great winning matches up here for 10-15 years against totally disadvantaged opposition, they should now be looking for moves to better leagues.

👍

1 hour ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Lots of comments on here criticising Scott Brown's attitude, personality but not read (i don't think) any comments criticising his ability as a player, interesting. I'm assuming we all agree he has had a great career is/was a good player that every club in Scotland would of liked to of had in there team.

Aye, he’s a good player.

Sort of guy every good team needs as well a guy Celtic fans love and everyone else loves to hate.

Sometimes he can be quite clever and change the dynamic of a game too (like he did for Scotland v Macedonia at Hampden. 

He does get away with a lot in Scotland, and overdoes it in my opinion. I feel at times he spends too long swaggering about admiring his work and forgets about the game.

Seen him getting right in the face of opposition players a few times, I can actually see how it happened on Saturday. The whistle went seconds after they had a tangle, but seen him do it on other occasions where it seemed unnecessary.

11 minutes ago, JECK said:

John McGinn gave up a treble and games against Hamilton and killie for a crack at the premiership, glad it worked out for him. Hopefully Scotland will benefit in the future 

15 minutes ago, JECK said:

And play for Everton? Win absolutely no honours? Never darken the European Football Door? 

Just now, macy37 said:

And play for Everton? Win absolutely no honours? Never darken the European Football Door? 

I can see both sides. He gets to (got to) test himself in champions league and international football against the best. He gets to stay close to home and earn decent wedge.

Would going to an Everton for more money not just be mercenary?

He does seem to like being a big fish in a small pond...

Strange place, the TAMB. Plenty posters spend a lot of time criticising the state of Scottish football and the quality of play. Lots then want the best players to leave said Scottish football.

Maybe people enjoy living in Scotland? I know I do. Maybe there are numerous reasons why someone wants to remain in the country but none of us are actually aware of them. 

If all our best people in all walks of life decided to fuck off somewhere else for more money then our country would disappear down the plug hole pretty quickly. 

4 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Strange place, the TAMB. Plenty posters spend a lot of time criticising the state of Scottish football and the quality of play. Lots then want the best players to leave said Scottish football.

Maybe people enjoy living in Scotland? I know I do. Maybe there are numerous reasons why someone wants to remain in the country but none of us are actually aware of them. 

If all our best people in all walks of life decided to fuck off somewhere else for more money then our country would disappear down the plug hole pretty quickly. 

Spot on. The same shit was levelled at Henrik Larsson for years until he went to Barcelona then Utd and tore it up. 

Edited by slasher