Scottish cup final 2019 - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup final 2019

29 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

D7cgKECWwAYZObH.jpg:large half a million ceptic fans line the streets as one fan discovers Lennons appointment and Griffiths thumbs a lift

Cold War Steve could do a great Alan Brazil with that :-)) 

To be fair it seems the bus parade had to be curtailed due to the numbers swamping the streets around the Trongate.

35 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Despite the result enjoyed the game. Crowd was great and thought we were the better team, beaten by a dive and a lapse of concentration. Enjoyed Brown showing what a pathetic person he is at the end as usual. Hickey man of the match at 16 years old , one of many youngsters ready to make an impact in the next few years so the future looks good.

Agree with you bar the MOM. The young lad did well but I thought Berra was excellent, bar the goal at the end. 

I think tiredness played its part as the Hearts players worked their socks off for the entire game. 

27 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Agree with you bar the MOM. The young lad did well but I thought Berra was excellent, bar the goal at the end. 

I think tiredness played its part as the Hearts players worked their socks off for the entire game. 

Berra is the reason we won. 

15 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Berra is the reason we won. 

One mistake. He won virtually every cross ball into the Hearts box and for 80 minutes had the Celtic strike force in his back pocket. 

Better performance than I expected from us. Our two best players were a 16 year old and a player who Levein seemed determined to chase out the club within weeks of having signed him from Thistle last summer. Haring (excellent until he ran out of puff) should have scored with a free header, and then who knows? 

The penalty changed it, up until then I didn’t think Celtic looked like scoring. It looked a penalty to the naked eye in the stadium. Having seen replays in slow motion it was a bit of a dive, but I can see why the ref gave it. I’d want a penalty if it was the other way round.  Zlamal responsible anyway. He should have come early and claimed it, or (having hesitated) stayed on his line. Second goal was just terrible defending. Berra had a fine game, but woeful for that one. Only one team ever going to win after the equaliser anyway.

Surprised Celtic have appointed Lennon. Strange thing to say on a weekend where Celtic secure a treble, but in terms of performance they seem to have gone backwards since Lennon replaced Rodgers. 

Edited by Pool Q

20 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Probably not much. Squared up to the big Hearts forward, he might of started it. Just your usual Brown haters having a pop.

As im sure you are well aware, Brown and Lustig have previous for giving it large right in the faces of the opposition if they win. It shows a complete lack of class. 

Billy McNeill was lauded as a man of class, that's how a Celtic captain should behave, not like a wee knob and that's why he is so unpopular. 

Edited by Farcity

38 minutes ago, Farcity said:

As im sure you are well aware, Brown and Lustig have previous for giving it large right in the faces of the opposition if they win. It shows a complete lack of class. 

Billy McNeill was lauded as a man of class, that's how a Celtic captain should behave, not like a wee knob and that's why he is so unpopular. 

Don’t find many guys like McNeil these days 

49 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Scott Brown is just like a pantomime villain. Shouldn't be taken serious.

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

The only seethe I have seen on here is from Tims seething at Lennon's appointment.  Or am I missing something?  I was one of first to congratulate.

Your missing nothing, Macy says the same old garbage after every time Celtic win. Anything it posts is best ignored 

19 hours ago, Farcity said:

Oh, is that it? It really doesn't take much for him to get under the skin of some people.

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Oh, is that it? It really doesn't take much for him to get under the skin of some people.

I thought it was hilarious that the first thing he thought of was not celebrating their 'historic' treble treble but rather make a complete tit of himself. No class at all but what we expect from him

20 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Scott Brown is just like a pantomime villain. Shouldn't be taken serious.

He's the ultimate football troll, one of the privileges of being a winner imo. I doubt many fans would be overly bothered if he was in their team and giving it large to the opposition, easily ignored (unless being needlessly annoyed is your thing)

23 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

Colum has now refereed 5 Celtic v Hearts cup ties and given Celtic a penalty in every one at last a consistent ref !

I don't get this whingeing about the penalty, I'd have been fuming if we hadn't got it. Zamal hesitated and was done for, clear pen all day long. If you want to see some abject refereeing have a look at John Beatons effort in Paisley yesterday, he was absolutely atrocious! 

16 minutes ago, dan cake said:

He's the ultimate football troll, one of the privileges of being a winner imo. I doubt many fans would be overly bothered if he was in their team and giving it large to the opposition, easily ignored (unless being needlessly annoyed is your thing)

Totally agree with this. But it also makes him a complete cock. A cock you would have in your team for sure. But a cock never the less 😃

2 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Totally agree with this. But it also makes him a complete cock. A cock you would have in your team for sure. But a cock never the less 😃

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/celtic-captain-scott-brown-lacked-class-says-hearts-skipper-christophe-berra-1-4934890

Berra having a dig at brown.

Brown is a classless prick and always has been. Certain elements of the Celtic support will adore him because they're probably exactly like him.

4 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

You think that's alright? 

If someone did that to me after I'd just lost a cup final I'd find it difficult to not rap them in the puss, I'd imagine most others would be the same, not you clearly. 

20 minutes ago, Farcity said:

You think that's alright? 

If someone did that to me after I'd just lost a cup final I'd find it difficult to not rap them in the puss, I'd imagine most others would be the same, not you clearly. 

Clearly. I just couldn't be arsed constantly feeling enraged anytime somebody bammed me up. Played against and come across plenty of players like that. Better ignored if they make your blood boil that much.

Enjoyed Berra calling out Brown for being classless though, especially as he then goes on to say he didn't go and shake his hand. Brains aren't the big mans strong point.

Edited by Tartan_McCole