Scottish cup final 2019 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup final 2019

Potential to be a classic. First time that Celtic have played Hearts in the final since the 50s. Both sides with 50% of the stadium as it should always be (when possible)

Celtic have been fairly average for most of the season yet somehow are going for a third treble in a row in what will surely be Lennon's last game. Same probably goes for around half the team as well.

I predict one more big performance and a 3-1 win.

Then it's back to the Gallowgate for the open top bus and to fire into the songbook over a few pints. Up the Celtic

We don’t usually like it when we get kicked about and this will happen on Saturday so it’s about how we handle it. Think it might be closer that many think with the hammer throwers digging in deep. Add to the fact we are struggling to perform I can see extra time. 

I think it has the potential to be tough, but Hearts normally struggle to give us a game away from Tynecastle and I just don't think they've the tactical discipline to keep us out for 90 minutes. I reckon it will be similar to last years final, two up at half time and then keep Hearts at arms length for the second half.

11 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Don't see it being any sort of walkover. It'll be a scrappy game, but I think our quality will shine through in the latter stages of the match.

That's what I think. We've struggled against Hearts' physicality in recent times.

See nothing to suggest we will roll them over. Certainly not enough to suggest we can just leave the likes of KT out, as some people are suggesting on that other thread.

21 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

That's what I think. We've struggled against Hearts' physicality in recent times.

See nothing to suggest we will roll them over. Certainly not enough to suggest we can just leave the likes of KT out, as some people are suggesting on that other thread.

Leaving out a key player in a cup final, if there is any  chance they can play  is ridiculous. Don’t care who you’re team is . Also devalues the cup. Leave that to the English and their pathetic yet once great FA Cup. 

5 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Leaving out a key player in a cup final, if there is any  chance they can play  is ridiculous. Don’t care who you’re team is . Also devalues the cup. Leave that to the English and their pathetic yet once great FA Cup. 

Absolutely agree. 

32 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I worry about playing Hearts more than most other sides but they are playing even worse than we are at the moment.

As long as Lennon doesn't get it too wrong with the starting XI we should be okay.

Other than the Scottish cup final where Aberdeen put up a decent fight, I don’t think anyone has laid a glove on Celtic (apart from Kipre on Sinclair....).

Hearts are far worse than Aberdeen or Motherwell were, this will be a fairly routine comfortable procession 3-0 and Hearts to get a red card.

Hope I’m wrong, but can’t see it.

Celtic will go 1-0 ahead while dominating the opening 25-30 minutes before Hearts get a foot on the ball and come into it more and more and will equalise around the 40 minute mark going in at half time all square

The second half will be be a cagey affair for the first 20-25 minutes before the game opens up with both teams having spurned excellent chances to go ahead before Celtic take the lead around 10 minutes from time before sealing it on the break on 88 minutes

Hearts -  1

Maclean  ‘41

Celtic -  3

Sinclair ‘12, ‘82

Edouard ‘87

*Goalscorers are purely for speculative purposes. Injury’s and suspensions have not been taken into account 

45 minutes ago, UpTheSlope said:

Celtic will go 1-0 ahead while dominating the opening 25-30 minutes before Hearts get a foot on the ball and come into it more and more and will equalise around the 40 minute mark going in at half time all square

The second half will be be a cagey affair for the first 20-25 minutes before the game opens up with both teams having spurned excellent chances to go ahead before Celtic take the lead around 10 minutes from time before sealing it on the break on 88 minutes

Hearts -  1

Maclean  ‘41

Celtic -  3

Sinclair ‘12, ‘82

Edouard ‘87

*Goalscorers are purely for speculative purposes. Injury’s and suspensions have not been taken into account 

How many apparently life threatening injuries will Lustig get?

Will Scott Brown get booked early in 2nd half or get to nail someone after 80 minutes and take the booking?

:lol:

No new injury worries according to NL yesterday.

My team would be:

Bain, Lustig, Jozo, Ajer, KT, Brown, McGregor, Rogic, Forrest, Sinclair and Edouard.

Rogic and Sinclair have been in poor form but both are big game players. It's all about the Rebel Treble 🍀

3 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

No new injury worries according to NL yesterday.

My team would be:

Bain, Lustig, Jozo, Ajer, KT, Brown, McGregor, Rogic, Forrest, Sinclair and Edouard.

Rogic and Sinclair have been in poor form but both are big game players. It's all about the Rebel Treble 🍀

Rogic is a waste of a jersey. He hasn’t showed up in a year. Should have punted him.

Yeah just can't see it being a competitive game, which for a neutral is a bit disappointing. Celtic will be motivated to get this treble treble thing and Hearts haven't won a game in over a month. Still I will sit down hoping to witness an enjoyable, competitive match but I will probably be looking for something else to watch when Celtic go in at HT with a 2-0 lead. Final score prediction 4-0 Celtic.