Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Youngie

Kieran Tierney

Recommended Posts

Celtic have mismanaged Tierney terribly. He should have been getting complete rest for the last month and should have had the operation ages ago. Now he’ll get the op and have to start training straight away for the Champions League qualifiers. His agent should be stepping in  before they wreck his career.

Edited by er yir macaroon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

He's not in the squad today. Almost as if he's actually injured. 

Some folk on here will still be suspicious that he’s missing our games in June. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KT not in the line up, probably only said he was fit because he wanted to be there, shame on anyone that questioned his commitment to his country. Played with a broken jaw & mouthguard against England... point is he’s ironically had terrible luck when it comes to Scotland games, but when he’s been able to play he has. 

hopefully after his double hernia he’ll be back to his best for club and country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems a sensible decision, cna't do him any good playing if he needs to have a double hernia op.  You'd hope that Celtic would have had enough sense to make sure they don't make daft decisions with  prized asset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My issue was never with KT's commitment to Scotland. It was with Celtic's treatment of him, saying he's unfit to play and needs an operation, but not getting him it then playing him again. His lack of involvement today makes the situation even more frustrating. Why didn't they get him the treatment he needed sooner? I'm sure they have a good reason. I just can't immediately see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

My issue was never with KT's commitment to Scotland. It was with Celtic's treatment of him, saying he's unfit to play and needs an operation, but not getting him it then playing him again. His lack of involvement today makes the situation even more frustrating. Why didn't they get him the treatment he needed sooner? I'm sure they have a good reason. I just can't immediately see it. 

Agree with all of this.

As others who watch Celtic more often than I do have said, this has been an injury that's needed proper treatment since before Christmas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine if Wanyama and VDV were just content to stay at Celtic year in and year out and win treble trebles all the time. Both will be playing in a CL final next weekend.

I know Tierney's homegrown and playing for Celtic is a dream but come on it's an easy life atm. If Celtic were more competitive in europe I could understand it a little bit but he really needs to come down to England in next 12 months to move onto the next level.

Guess this injury might stop clubs bidding big money this summer and will wait to see how he plays when he comes back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 6:04 PM, Burj_Alba said:

Tierney being out makes the LB decision easy for Clarke so positives all round ( probably bring in Taylor as cover in case of injury to Robbo, cant have Shinnie there again) Tierney them has to prove to the new management team that he can fit into the team and more importantly that he actually gives a toss.

 

If anyone watched yesterday’s scottish cup final it is clear we now have another top quality left back in hickey. He completely nullified Forrest. His first touch is excellent,he’s a two footed player and from his rave reviews at hearts rightfully took his place in the starting lineup at only 16. Definetly one for the future and Scotland are very strong in left back department for the foreseeable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

If anyone watched yesterday’s scottish cup final it is clear we now have another top quality left back in hickey. He completely nullified Forrest. His first touch is excellent,he’s a two footed player and from his rave reviews at hearts rightfully took his place in the starting lineup at only 16. Definetly one for the future and Scotland are very strong in left back department for the foreseeable.

I absolutely love Jamesy, but aye have to agree, thought he was outstanding. Been more impressed with him than I have with guys like Soutter or Cochrane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting tidbit. 

I've looked at the Instagram pages of Burke and McTominay. They both have Scotland photographs.

In terms of football Tierney has 100% Celric stuff and not a sliver about Scotland.

I find that very strange. If you didn't know any better you'd think he played for Ireland, what with all the green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, csinclair said:

Also apparently he broke Arsenal’s player record in training for highest vertical jump, despite his injury 

That's impossible surely, at least not for all time.

Just adds credence to my theory that he should be in central defence for us rather than right back. It's a far more important position on the pitch  and our central defenders are just as bad in their positions as our right backs are in theirs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Just adds credence to my theory that he should be in central defence for us rather than right back. It's a far more important position on the pitch  and our central defenders are just as bad in their positions as our right backs are in theirs.

Good call.

He didn't do too badly against England when we played with a 3 at the back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

That's impossible surely, at least not for all time.

Just adds credence to my theory that he should be in central defence for us rather than right back. It's a far more important position on the pitch  and our central defenders are just as bad in their positions as our right backs are in theirs.

I believe it’s in the current players. Wouldn’t be against having KT at Centre back tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, csinclair said:

I believe it’s in the current players. Wouldn’t be against having KT at Centre back tbh

Get him in at CB and then employ a bit of Sheffield Utd's overlapping CB tactic. That would be fun to watch! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

An interesting tidbit. 

I've looked at the Instagram pages of Burke and McTominay. They both have Scotland photographs.

In terms of football Tierney has 100% Celric stuff and not a sliver about Scotland.

I find that very strange. If you didn't know any better you'd think he played for Ireland, what with all the green.

If i didn't know any better i would think your trying to create mischief. Conspiracy theorist.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

An interesting tidbit. 

I've looked at the Instagram pages of Burke and McTominay. They both have Scotland photographs.

In terms of football Tierney has 100% Celric stuff and not a sliver about Scotland.

I find that very strange. If you didn't know any better you'd think he played for Ireland, what with all the green.

Let's see if that changes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Am I making it up?

Don't know. Take your word for it. Don't do twitter or instagram. Don't think it's a big deal he has nothing to do with Scotland on it tho. Not sure why you would highlight it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Don't know. Take your word for it. Don't do twitter or instagram. Don't think it's a big deal he has nothing to do with Scotland on it tho. Not sure why you would highlight it?

For not knowing what social media is, Chripper spends a lot of time on it checking players pictures ....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Don't know. Take your word for it. Don't do twitter or instagram. Don't think it's a big deal he has nothing to do with Scotland on it tho. Not sure why you would highlight it?

Yeah, me, neither.

It's just when there was that article about Burke purging his Instagram that I went and had a look at a few players pages.

He's posted pictures of himself in action for Celtic and posing in a Celtic strip. I can only deduce from that that he's one of those players that has more pride playing for his club than his country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...