Days before and day of game - Page 2 - Belgium v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Days before and day of game

JohnBarr1995

Lads, this is Belgium. The home of beer. They feed Stella to their weans. It's the Trappist beer that's brilliant but usually 8%+. That's why the locals drink wee glasses and, after we've done a load of pints we're wondering why the room's spinnin!! Boozers on every corner so not hard to find a decent wee friendly place. Just watch out for non Belgian youngsters ready to cut the sporran chains and steal yer dosh. Was a lot of it going on last time. Just hoping Belgian team are already on their holidays so we don't get humped (again).

On 6/2/2019 at 8:45 PM, Frazerbob said:

There’s no fan zone this time. Also less than half the traveling support compared to last time and about 10k less than 2001 

I’m pretty sure there is but it might just be for home fans. 

I heard they’ve moved it from the Atomium to somewhere nearer the stadium. 

2 hours ago, YesTA said:

Heading over tonight. Anyone else as stupid as to get the bus?

I really don’t understand folk that get the bus to Europe these days. Unless you have BA Baracus levels of a fear of flying?

Leuven , the home of Stella, is a nice place to visit too .... only 25 minutes on the train from Brussels 

Edited by Anders
Spelling

54 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I really don’t understand folk that get the bus to Europe these days. Unless you have BA Baracus levels of a fear of flying?

Was around £380 to fly from Edinburgh today direct one way, and a little less tomorrow. Can get bus for £30.

Edited by YesTA

5 minutes ago, YesTA said:

Was around £380 to fly from Edinburgh today direct one way, and a little less tomorrow. Can get bus for £30.

I get that but I paid less than £65 for return flights from Manchester. We’re driving down tonight but you can get the train or bus to the airport as well. 

I’d rather do it that way than sit on a bus for 14 hours or whatever it is. 

To each his own though. If you’re happy doing that then fair play to you. 

4 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I get that but I paid less than £65 for return flights from Manchester. We’re driving down tonight but you can get the train or bus to the airport as well. 

I’d rather do it that way than sit on a bus for 14 hours or whatever it is. 

To each his own though. If you’re happy doing that then fair play to you. 

Aye a booked up late so most flights had gone up in price significantly, from Manchester it's over £250 one way. Ach il just bite the bullet and see how the bus is. 

2 hours ago, UpTheSlope said:

Got the bus from Cardiff last time for around £14. It was full of Romanian and Albanian gypos. The place was fucking stinking

Haha ah well, bring it on I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, YesTA said:

Aye a booked up late so most flights had gone up in price significantly, from Manchester it's over £250 one way. Ach il just bite the bullet and see how the bus is. 

Didn’t realise you booked last minute. 

Ach well enjoy your journey!

1 hour ago, YesTA said:

Haha ah well, bring it on I suppose. 

Should have took the choo choo and then through the sewer     Eurostar.. That was our option..