Days before and day of game - Belgium v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Days before and day of game

JohnBarr1995

You can't miss the Grand Place due to its size and location.

The last couple of trips to Brussels have seen thousands congregating there on the afternoon of the match with carrys outs.

The police had a heavy presence but were quite tolerant although they cleared us from the square a good couple of hours ahead of the 2012 match.

So if  the weather is favourable I expect much of the same.

2 hours ago, Catchart Circle said:

You can't miss the Grand Place due to its size and location.

The last couple of trips to Brussels have seen thousands congregating there on the afternoon of the match with carrys outs.

The police had a heavy presence but were quite tolerant although they cleared us from the square a good couple of hours ahead of the 2012 match.

So if  the weather is favourable I expect much of the same.

Cheers!

As has been said the Grand Place will be the main gathering point early in the day. In 2012 the police were happy for fans to drink in the street. Just be aware of the flying balls getting booted up in the air, complete and utter cuntbaggery of the highest order

Before the game there was a fanzone just a short walk from the ground

3 hours ago, UpTheSlope said:

As has been said the Grand Place will be the main gathering point early in the day. In 2012 the police were happy for fans to drink in the street. Just be aware of the flying balls getting booted up in the air, complete and utter cuntbaggery of the highest order

My least favourite thing about away games. 

Well, that and losing at football. 

18 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

My least favourite thing about away games. 

Well, that and losing at football. 

One day there’s going to be someone taking a swig from a bottle and it’s going to wallop them in the gub and that’s the teeth gone 

God forbid there’s ever someone walking along with a pram or an old boy/wifey and end up getting hit with it

As I say, sheer cuntbaggery of the highest order

On 5/26/2019 at 5:34 PM, UpTheSlope said:

Correct and correct. The police were brand new most of the day and funnily enough, wanted to start clearing people when a football bounced off the roof of one of their vans. 

The fanzone around the ground was pretty well organised too, although we managed to walk into the Belgium one as opposed to the Scotland one. There was just loads of techno music being played there and a real party atmosphere, we couldn’t even spend our money, locals bought us several beers there. 

1 hour ago, Parsno1 said:

is there any bars around the train station area? I will have a couple of hours to kill waiting on the rest of my group arriving on a later train. Or best just walk down to the square for a bit?

The Grand Place was rammed with our fans last time and they had no trouble finding a beer there.   There are many bars in its surrounding streets.

There's even a Brewdog a few meters from the Central station, thought that would be like taking fish to Peterhead.

On 5/30/2019 at 8:24 AM, Parsno1 said:

is there any bars around the train station area? I will have a couple of hours to kill waiting on the rest of my group arriving on a later train. Or best just walk down to the square for a bit?

Only take 15 minutes to walk up to Grand Place & also plenty trams / Metro to get you there and back

4 hours ago, j b lyons said:

Only take 15 minutes to walk up to Grand Place & also plenty trams / Metro to get you there and back

Gare Central is about 400 metres from Grand Place.

If you are arriving at Gare du Midi, then yes that is about 15 minutes on foot. Alternatively take the Metro to Gare Central (changing at Arts Loi).

Outdoor bars in  Grand Place but pricey.

Streets to the side offer better choice. Delirium cafe is 3 mins from Grand Place and sells over 2000 beers. Memory says lots of bars and food around Rue de Bouchers. But being old I could be wrong.