Steve Clarke is named new Scotland manager - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steve Clarke is named new Scotland manager

runningtings

Guest ElChris04

The best thing the SFA have ever done. Absolutely phenomenal news. šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁓ó æšŸ‘šŸ»

2 minutes ago, UpTheSlope said:

Kilmarnock could well have grounds to report the SFA to FIFA as its clear that Steve Clarke has been tapped up

As much as it pains me to say it, SFA are in the clear (as long as they meet the release clause on his killie contract?).

Torn between this announcement.Ā 

Feel sick and relatively happy at the same time

Brilliant news, he's been the standout for the job for almost 2 years, mystified as to why we wasted Ā£1000000 on Big Eck .

He might take a couple of games to get the team to play the way he wants but am sure better times lie ahead.

Thats 12 tickets just bought for Cyprus game .

Just now, p gala ta said:

Brilliant news, he's been the standout for the job for almost 2 years, mystified as to why we wasted Ā£1000000 on Big Eck .

He might take a couple of games to get the team to play the way he wants but am sure better times lie ahead.

Thats 12 tickets just bought for Cyprus game .

Sadly, McLeish got the job because he's one of the SFA's "good ole' boys".

You make a good point about the next couple of games. They are going to be very tough tests for Clarke right at the start of his new job so let's all get right behind him and the team.

43 minutes ago, UpTheSlope said:

Kilmarnock could well have grounds to report the SFA to FIFA as its clear that Steve Clarke has been tapped up

OchĀ cheer up. I Ā think this news calls for a gloopy jobby smoothie šŸ™‚

Last appointment was scandalous andĀ set us back ten years.Ā  There should be some accountability for that.

Unlike the last one, this appointment is based on merit and is great news.Ā  Best candidate by far IMO.Ā Ā  SFA did the right thing, albeit under intense pressure.

Squad is there for us to qualify.Ā  Only way is up.

Must be the worst kept secret in football.

My main concern over Clarke is that he may do a McLeish if he has success and a Premiership club comes calling.

Then again if you were to apply that rule in the appointment process you would never choose anyone half decent.

Certainly the peoples choice - then again so was Strachan.

Will be interesting to see how many players are prepared to extend their concluded season now to play for theĀ  new manager.

Edited by Catchart Circle
spelling error

2 minutes ago, Catchart Circle said:

My main concern over Clarke is that he may do a McLeish if he has success and a Premiership club comes calling.

Ā 

Always that fear,but except for the last year and a half, he has over 30 years experience playing, coaching and managing in the top flight in English football (and at clubs like Liverpool, Newcastle and beside Jose at Chelsea) and he has very little left to win down there, so find it extremely doubtful that could happen.

16 minutes ago, Catchart Circle said:

Then again if you were to apply that rule in the appointment process you would never choose anyone half decent.

Certainly the peoples choice - then again so was Strachan.

Will be interesting to see how many players are prepared to extend their concluded season now to play for theĀ  new manager.

Tbh if he takes us to the euros then leaves for England afterwards then I would be happy with that. Obviously I would prefer him to stay on for longer but he will get big offers if he takes us to the euros and does well there.

20 minutes ago, Catchart Circle said:

Ā 

They'll only come calling if he is successful, so I'd be delighted if that scenario happens.Ā  Important we stick with him.Ā  Its not going to be easy and there will be setbacks on the way.