Play off - United v St Murn - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play off - United v St Murn

35 minutes ago, Marky said:

So far I believe. Apparently we’ve asked for more. What does the away stand behind the goal at Tannadice hold?

I would take a guess at about 2,000sh.  You’re probably in the Fair Play stand

39 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I would take a guess at about 2,000sh.  You’re probably in the Fair Play stand

Well I hope they sell out, because otherwise they’ll have done themselves out of a helluva lot of cash. St. Mirren could sell out that away stand twice. 

1 hour ago, stocky said:

Should be a 1 off game,  say at Tynie,  probably sell out.. TV rights etc....  ]

but hey Scottish fitba has enough money and publicity so thats why they dont do it...

I don’t think my nerves could stand a one off game!!

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

Utd will sell out their stadium for this game. Giving St Mirren the smallest away support they can will obviously benefit them, so that’s what they have rightly done. 

Well I hope they do coz it’ll be effin annoying if they don’t for two reasons. 

1) They’ll have done St. Mirren fans out of an opportunity to attend the game whilst there are empty seats.

2) They’ll have done both teams out of much needed cash as both match receipts are shared. 

16 minutes ago, Marky said:

Well I hope they sell out, because otherwise they’ll have done themselves out of a helluva lot of cash. St. Mirren could sell out that away stand twice. 

The Shed is heading to a sell out. As are the rest of the stands. Cant really complain at either club here and the allocation they have handled out. The 1500 or so we got from St Murn caused absolute chaos, folk camping out since 10pm found out the following morning that they had ran out. One voucher/ticket per season ticket was never going to go round. Thats life. I expect to see a few sly St Mirren fans in the United end and vice versa. Hopefully there are no problems. Cant see it to be fair. 

To be honest, I’d have preferred a one off game at Tynecastle or Easter Road with a 50/50 split. 

Good luck anyway 👍

Edited by Jim Beem

25 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

The Shed is heading to a sell out. As are the rest of the stands. Cant really complain at either club here and the allocation they have handled out. The 1500 or so we got from St Murn caused absolute chaos, folk camping out since 10pm found out the following morning that they had ran out. One voucher/ticket per season ticket was never going to go round. Thats life. I expect to see a few sly St Mirren fans in the United end and vice versa. Hopefully there are no problems. Cant see it to be fair. 

To be honest, I’d have preferred a one off game at Tynecastle or Easter Road with a 50/50 split. 

Good luck anyway 👍

There was over 1500 people camping out? I heard that someone near the front of the queue had scooped about 250 tickets claiming for a supporters club. I assume that’s a load of bollocks though. 

12 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

There was over 1500 people camping out? I heard that someone near the front of the queue had scooped about 250 tickets claiming for a supporters club. I assume that’s a load of bollocks though. 

Not exactly, the 250-300 thing was bollocks however, you would have had some  folk maybe getting 20,30  etc tickets. I knew a few supporters buses or clubs would ‘nominate ‘ some unlucky bugger to gather up all the members vouchers from their season books and collect the tickets as a job lot. Saves a whole bus or club lining up and ‘technically’ the  tickets were still for season ticket holders. Not so good for ‘young davie’ standing in line with his pal with a voucher each only to find as they neared the front of the cue the tickets had ran out. I’m not sure but we have around 3500-4000 season ticket holders.

Some folk are raging but not sure what else could have been done. Think the club is implementing a smart card system next season so should sharpen things up 

9 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Not exactly, the 250-300 thing was bollocks however, you would have had some  folk maybe getting 20,30  etc tickets. I knew a few supporters buses or clubs would ‘nominate ‘ some unlucky bugger to gather up all the members vouchers from their season books and collect the tickets as a job lot. Saves a whole bus or club lining up and ‘technically’ the  tickets were still for season ticket holders. Not so good for ‘young davie’ standing in line with his pal with a voucher each only to find as they neared the front of the cue the tickets had ran out. I’m not sure but we have around 3500-4000 season ticket holders.

Some folk are raging but not sure what else could have been done. Think the club is implementing a smart card system next season so should sharpen things up 

I suppose without electronic tickets, that was the only fair way to do it. Being able to buy in stages like the ssc makes life so much easier. 

2 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Good luck anyway 👍

Can’t argue with any of that although slightly confused to see Utd appearing to have a thinly veiled dig at St. Murn here for giving them the smallest allocation ever etc, when in fact the allocation given by Utd to us was less in both number and percentage of stadium. Unless I’m misinterpreting. 

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/6085/STATEMENT-FROM-MAL-BRANNIGAN.html

Anyway. Like you say, all the best and let’s hope there’s no trouble. 

13 minutes ago, Marky said:

Can’t argue with any of that although slightly confused to see Utd appearing to have a thinly veiled dig at St. Murn here for giving them the smallest allocation ever etc, when in fact the allocation given by Utd to us was less in both number and percentage of stadium. Unless I’m misinterpreting. 

Looks like someone is whoring out his press services for a job at rangers.......

2 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

This country really needs a 25000(ish) seater stadium for games like this, smaller internationals and cup semi finals etc etc

It would be a great game.

17 minutes ago, Marky said:

Dont think it was a dig to be honest. I think its the case that over the last few play off finals the capacity has been bigger than ST Mirrens ground.  and their fan base smaller - Hamilton, Livi for example. Thats the way I read it. That Brannigan has been very good so far, straight shooter so I doubt he was being nippy. A change from Thompson for sure

As most folk on here could probably guess I'll be supporting St Mirren but I just want to reassure any of the Arabs reading this, I don't hate Utd or even seethe. Not sure I know how to seethe! 🤔

Anyway, the dress code at hospitality has always been, to my knowledge, smart at Love Street, so you'll need your tie but probably not your suit jacket. 😁

Oh when the Saints! 

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Are Utd actually moaning about only getting the away stand at St Mirren?

I thought so at first but as JB says, I think they’re simply saying that it’s been the smallest away allocation for a play off. For example although Hamilton’s ground is considerably smaller than St. Mirren Park, their away end holds about 2000 whereas St. Mirren’s only holds 1600.

Still think it’s a bit of a cheek though, given that the entire crowd at Inverness was just over 2000.

5 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

He said a play off involving United.  You’re welcome  😉 

I hadn’t read it, was just working off Markys quote.

Statement actually seems fair enough, doesn’t appear to be blaming St Mirren.

Sounds like the allocation of their allocation hasn’t been done very well, and they are accepting that and planning to address it.

Problem with play off games is the tight timescale. Motherwell didn’t cover themselves in glory with the Ibrox tickets, but due to the time scales it was tricky.

31 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I hadn’t read it, was just working off Markys quote.

Statement actually seems fair enough, doesn’t appear to be blaming St Mirren.

Sounds like the allocation of their allocation hasn’t been done very well, and they are accepting that and planning to address it.

Problem with play off games is the tight timescale. Motherwell didn’t cover themselves in glory with the Ibrox tickets, but due to the time scales it was tricky.

Not sure anyone read the actual statement on here 😂 

As I said, Ive no issue with how either club has handled their visitors allocation. Trust me, I’ve spent the last 4 years or so giving our board absolute pelters so this is new ground for me having to defend  them 😉