Play off - United v St Murn - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play off - United v St Murn

35 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Oh I know that. I'm used to folk being all judgy simply because I support Rangers. Their opinion of me is founded on their own unconscious bias. 

But enough of that shite, I've lost my voice somewhere in the Main Stand, so if anyone finds it can they give me a shout please. 😉

Hope the hangover isn't too bad. 

Hope you and your boy enjoyed your day yesterday. Unfortunately your boy won't get to see a real derby game in the league next season, maybe a draw in one of the cups.

2 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

When did I say St Mirren weren't a big club? I merely suggested that Dundee United were a bigger one.

You should really read properly, before you go on the attack. Well done on staying up👍

Fair enough mate. I obviously misread the intent of your post. 

Did anyone clock the ballboys behind the goal giving the United players the Vicky when they were taking their penalties 😂😂😂😂

Batshit mental scenes at the end. Crazy. Didn't honestly think we would see a day like this given that we were atone point 6 points behind Dundee at one stage

8 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Hope you and your boy enjoyed your day yesterday. Unfortunately your boy won't get to see a real derby game in the league next season, maybe a draw in one of the cups.

It was a good day but not sure there was any enjoyment to be had until the end. 

I think from the chants of "Say hello to Morton for us" from a few boys at the end they're not going to miss the Derby yet. 

On 5/27/2019 at 12:28 AM, Marky said:

With all due respect McTeeko you sound like you definitely don’t sound like you know what it’s like to be a St.Mirren fan and you barely sound like you know what it’s like to be a football fan.

We had a team full of confidence that defied logic to escape relegation to the third tier for the first time in our entire history, then followed it up with an incredible romp to the Championship title. 

We entered the Premiership full of confidence only for that utter khunt Stubbs to wreck our squad and our team spirit. 

Thankfully our board were brave enough to hunt the useless khunt and what we have achieved since the end of the transfer window when Kearney had to chance to forge his own team, is nothing short of miraculous.

Very, very poor form to pour scorn on an amazing day to be a St. Mirren fan. As a supporter of an even smaller team I really thought you’d have understood that. 

I see Tom English is getting it tight from you lads for similar thoughts 🙈  He really seems to have a bee in his bonnet about this 🤷‍♂️

Folk can celebrate how they want IMO. I’m booting the arse out of 50 and if we won the shoot out I would have 100% invaded the pitch 😄

2 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

I see Tom English is getting it tight from you lads for similar thoughts 🙈  He really seems to have a bee in his bonnet about this 🤷‍♂️

Folk can celebrate how they want IMO. I’m booting the arse out of 50 and if we won the shoot out I would have 100% invaded the pitch 😄

Tom English is a miserable old bugger and is best ignored. 

The pitch invasion was mostly fine bar the few knobheads that decided to run up and taunt the United fans, who bar 1 nasty looking individual, behaved impeccably and stayed in the stand. 

Just for a minute it had the potential to be a problem but the Arabs essentially defused it by behaving. 

The one guy that did come onto the pitch was rather large and hefty looking. I can see why the wee neds scarpered at his approach. 😁

16 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The pitch invasion was mostly fine bar the few knobheads that decided to run up and taunt the United fans, who bar 1 nasty looking individual, behaved impeccably and stayed in the stand. 

Just for a minute it had the potential to be a problem but the Arabs essentially defused it by behaving. 

The one guy that did come onto the pitch was rather large and hefty looking. I can see why the wee neds scarpered at his approach. 😁

I do believe that was Jim Beem’s chauffeur. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Disgusting comment and highly offensive. That was in fact my sister and it was her first game back after serving her 10 year banning order. 😡

We may agree on the odd TV box set but you’ve let yourself down here Mrs. ☹️

28 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Disgusting comment and highly offensive. That was in fact my sister and it was her first game back after serving her 10 year banning order. 😡

In that case your sister is a very striking looking woman? 🤔

52 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

😂😂 I really should have noticed the family resemblance. Please pass my apologies to your chauffeur. 👍

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂😂 I really should have noticed the family resemblance. Please pass my apologies to your chauffeur. 👍

Tell your hubby I put a £2 coin into his bottle this morning. 

10 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

The guy is a grade A fud.

As for the pitch invasion, I haven’t invaded a pitch since 1977, but I was sorely tempted on Sunday.🤣

However, I retained my dignity and instead enjoyed watching less reserved 50 somethings covorting around the pitch like excited children. 🤣 Great fun.

8 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Agree RB. I was actually very surprised by how relaxed the stewards and police were in dealing with it and how close they allowed the Saints fans to get to the Utd end. As you say it came to nothing, but it could have gone south badly. I know it was just a bunch of daft wee boys but nevertheless a bit silly.

8 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

7 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

6 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

In that case your sister is a very striking looking woman? 🤔

5 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Typical Hun. Zero taste 😉

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Top Bantz guys. Top Bantz indeed. 🤣

3 minutes ago, Marky said:

The guy is a grade A fud.

As for the pitch invasion, I haven’t invaded a pitch since 1977, but I was sorely tempted on Sunday.🤣

However, I retained my dignity and instead enjoyed watching less reserved 50 somethings covorting around the pitch like excited children. 🤣 Great fun.

Agree RB. I was actually very surprised by how relaxed the stewards and police were in dealing with it and how close they allowed the Saints fans to get to the Utd end. As you say it came to nothing, but it could have gone south badly. I know it was just a bunch of daft wee boys but nevertheless a bit silly.

I am not surprised, the ‘steward’ in front of us looked about 10. I thought he was a ball boy. I have more hair on my toes than he did on his face. 

The polis were also outrageously lax outside the pub with all those flares in a public place. It all looked great fun but could have gone horribly wrong . 

29 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I am not surprised, the ‘steward’ in front of us looked about 10. I thought he was a ball boy. I have more hair on my toes than he did on his face. 

The polis were also outrageously lax outside the pub with all those flares in a public place. It all looked great fun but could have gone horribly wrong . 

Nah the pub was fine. I thought the police did a great job there. That was just a bunch of lads (and...erm..players) enjoying themselves. Brilliant handling I thought.

The episode in the ground was different though. I don’t think the Saints fans should’ve been allowed to get that close.

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I had  a feeling Tyder was tidy but the hairy toe thing has thrown me.  😳