Play off - United v St Murn - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play off - United v St Murn

38 minutes ago, Redz said:

Small, insignificant if you like

I was going to say 'new' but they're more than 7 years old, so that wouldn't have worked 👍

I think you may need to think through your joke. It hasn't worked. 

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Well . That was pish. 

Thought the start of the second half was pretty exciting (albeit short on quality) but it just kinda fizzled out towards the end.

United might regret not trying to make more of home advantage in the closing stages.

3 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Shut it you or you won’t be sitting beside me on Sunday, we’ve got 4 tickets so I’m putting your hubby and your brother in between us. 

It was pish. I had more excitement voting in the european elections. How’s yer bet going ? 

14 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Thought the start of the second half was pretty exciting (albeit short on quality) but it just kinda fizzled out towards the end.

United might regret not trying to make more of home advantage in the closing stages.

Have to agree with most of this. Definitely thought St Mirren had the best footballers but too many passengers and just too slow going through the midfield. 

Finely balanced but got to be advantage Saints. 

12 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

😕 ,  it was exciting in a frustrating as hell  kind of way. St Mirren started the second half ok, but I cannot see where their goals are coming from , balls were just bouncing  all over the place. Could go either way on Sunday. Might need to borrow a breakfast pack. 

Just back from the pub that I had to bomb to when my BT App didnae work.

I agree with the general view (not my sister’s) that the game was quite exciting but low on quality.

The two Kyles are class though. They will be the match winners on Sunday.

Cannae wait.

5 minutes ago, Marky said:

Just back from the pub that I had to bomb to when my BT App didnae work.

I agree with the general view (not my sister’s) that the game was quite exciting but low on quality.

The two Kyles are class though. They will be the match winners on Sunday.

Cannae wait.

low on quality = pish

l

Very tight and very nervy. 

I initially felt we had blown our chance but having thought about it, might not be to bad a result. Pressure is surely on St Mirren to win on their own patch and seeing the St Mirren players at the end, it did look like they thought they had done the hard part. Also, no disrespect but St Mirren really didn’t look very good. ( neither are we obviously ☹️ )

Game is definitely there to be won and I’m looking forward to ‘ shit or bust’ Sunday in Paisley. 

Nice to see the ground pretty much full, good noise behind both goals and the Murn fans.   

20 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Do away goals count if United score at whatever the fuck St Mirren’s ground is called?

It’s not that difficult sbmfc. It’s called the same as s the previous one. St. Mirren Park.

And no....away goals don’t count double.

1 hour ago, Marky said:

It’s not that difficult sbmfc. It’s called the same as s the previous one. St. Mirren Park.

And no....away goals don’t count double.

😂

Cheers!

it was the “Paisley 2020 stadium” for a while.

Old St Mirren park was Love street.

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

😂

Cheers!

it was the “Paisley 2020 stadium” for a while.

Old St Mirren park was Love street.

Old St Mirren Park was never officially called Love St, just like Celtic Park has never officially been called Parkhead.  

9 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Very tight and very nervy. 

I initially felt we had blown our chance but having thought about it, might not be to bad a result. Pressure is surely on St Mirren to win on their own patch and seeing the St Mirren players at the end, it did look like they thought they had done the hard part. Also, no disrespect but St Mirren really didn’t look very good. ( neither are we obviously ☹️ )

Game is definitely there to be won and I’m looking forward to ‘ shit or bust’ Sunday in Paisley. 

Nice to see the ground pretty much full, good noise behind both goals and the Murn fans.   

Yep, pretty much agree with this, I can’t call it, will be a great atmosphere on Sunday, and like Marky can’t wait. 

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ha, I was looking forward to the game but I ended up going out to Tesco!

To be fair we can play better than that. A mixture of nerves and Neilson’s rather frustrating (IMO) overly cautions approach. Suspect Murn have more to offer as well