Paintball.. Ever tried it? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Paintball.. Ever tried it?

Went to a Paintball camp today with my 2 boys. Got all geared up, gun, mask, the whole deal. I am telling you, I got shot I don't know how many times and it fuckin hurt like hell. Loads of fun. Running through the woods like John Rambo. Great fun. I am sure they have it in Scotland somewhere. My age caught up with me and my boys let me have it. No mercy.. I would love to do it with my mates, be a good laugh... If you've no done it, it's worth a go.. Sore as fuck at the moment though. šŸ¤£

Aye, done it three times. First was pishing down on an area on a farm, think out East Kilbride way. It was good but not great. Second was a proper set up and it was incredible. Really enjoyed it. Think it might have West Lothian way. Remember being the last man standing and I had to decide whether to take a bullet or charge the Fort and get hit dozens of times. Just for the fun/pain of it I did the latter. The last was indoors in Leith for my son's birthday. It was small, but enjoyed it.Ā 

There's always some knob though who won't leave the game when shot. Wastes it for everybody. It's like having Dead Pool on one team!Ā 

3 minutes ago, Stapes said:

Aye, done it three times. First was pishing down on an area on a farm, think out East Kilbride way. It was good but not great. Second was a proper set up and it was incredible. Really enjoyed it. Think it might have West Lothian way. Remember being the last man standing and I had to decide whether to take a bullet or charge the Fort and get hit dozens of times. Just for the fun/pain of it I did the latter. The last was indoors in Leith for my son's birthday. It was small, but enjoyed it.Ā 

There's always some knob though who won't leave the game when shot. Wastes it for everybody. It's like having Dead Pool on one team!Ā 

Exactly mate. I got shot, and left the area. I saw some wank on the other side get shot twice and carried on. Total arsehole. Aye, I did not have enough balls to charge and try raise the flag, fair play to you. Thoroughly enjoyed it though. My boys had a great time shooting their poor old dad umpteen times. šŸ¤£

Done it a few times and yes, it fucking hurts.Ā 

One pal was left on the other team and hid in his fort, he soon had 12 guns pointed at him and received multiple close up shots at once and another decided to do the last game naked, he soon regretted that (we had a private booking)

Another time, I accidentally shot a lassie on the neck after her mask wasnā€™t on properly, unintentional, but it ended her day rather quickly.

Probably the best part is when youā€™re walking into the game area and your told to have your gun pointing in the air, thereā€™s forever screams of ā€œoocha bastardā€ as another pal is shot in the arse from a foot away šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚Ā 

Edited by dandydunn

5 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Done it a few times and yes, it fucking hurts.Ā 

One pal was left on the other team and hid in his fort, he soon had 12 guns pointed at him and received multiple close up shots at once and another decided to do the last game naked, he soon regretted that (we had a private booking)

Another time, I accidentally shot a lassie on the neck after her mask wasnā€™t on properly, unintentional, but it ended her day rather quickly.

Probably the best part is when youā€™re walking into the game area and your told to have your gun pointing in the air, thereā€™s forever screams of ā€œoocha bastardā€ as another pal is shot in the arse from a foot away šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚Ā 

I had the safety on all the time until the commander gave the word. Saw a couple of guys get shot at close range by their pals, fucking ouch. No thanks.Ā 

9 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Dangerous game remember what happened to ant or dec.Ā 

Ā 

It's TRUE. The commander told us that anyone removing their mask for whatever reason will be asked to leave the field permanently. I don't blame him. This was my first time at paintball, and I'll tell you, you get that pellet in the eye, your are losing that eye. No joke. I got shot in the neck behind a tree, fucking near dropped to my knees wee bastard that shot me.Ā