Treatment of players - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Treatment of players

andyD

Booing players is all part and parcel of the game. Players should be strong enough to ignore it and focus on the game. If I do a bad job at work I'd rightly be criticised and told to improve. No reason it should be any different when it comes to footballers. 

21 minutes ago, monk100 said:

Booing players is all part and parcel of the game. Players should be strong enough to ignore it and focus on the game. If I do a bad job at work I'd rightly be criticised and told to improve. No reason it should be any different when it comes to footballers. 

I doubt your bosses launch personal attacks on you at the top of their voice in public? If they do, you should change jobs. 

On the treatment of players, listening to the Steven Thompson episode of the Hampden Roar, he says that he was spat on at Chisinau Airport after the Moldova draw under Vogts, which is fucking awful. 

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

On the treatment of players, listening to the Steven Thompson episode of the Hampden Roar, he says that he was spat on at Chisinau Airport after the Moldova draw under Vogts, which is fucking awful. 

If it was the blootered guy that was dressed like a bride’s dad at 2 in the morning after the reception and had snot and drool all over him then the guy was probably just trying to give him a kiss. If it hadn’t been a charter there’s no way that guy was getting a plane 😂

5 minutes ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

That link reminded of that forest player from a few years back, Jason lee

That’s different though. That was his choice to wear a pineapple on his heid. The songs would’ve stopped immediately had he shaved his hair or had a sensible haircut. 

2 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

That’s different though. That was his choice to wear a pineapple on his heid. The songs would’ve stopped immediately had he shaved his hair or had a sensible haircut. 

He should’ve changed his hairstyle because he got abuse? The bullies win then. Wouldn’t have been my choice of hairstyle but don’t see why he should conform to a so called sensible haircut 

12 hours ago, monk100 said:

If you do a bad job you should be given feedback and coaching from your manager, not your customers. Fans are customers. 

I can understand why people boo players that look like they can’t be arsed but stuff like Ryan Jack being booed because of club issues or Gary McAllister being booed after Wembley etc. is pathetic. 

Edited by Texas Pete

Its perfectly acceptable in some situations to boo a player or a team. If they're not performing to the standard expected then I see no problem with it, it's part of football the same way as cheering them on or singing their name is. 

Booing them because of who they play for whilst they play for Scotland is not on, however in Ryan Jack's case it's acceptable to boo him when he returns to pittodrie playing for rangers. 

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:02 PM, mrniaboc said:

I doubt your bosses launch personal attacks on you at the top of their voice in public? If they do, you should change jobs. 

hahahahahahaha. My job is not as a professional footballer so my working environment is completely different. All the happy clappers who think booing is not acceptable shouldn't attend football matches. Booing is part and parcel of the game

1 hour ago, monk100 said:

hahahahahahaha. My job is not as a professional footballer so my working environment is completely different. All the happy clappers who think booing is not acceptable shouldn't attend football matches. Booing is part and parcel of the game

Most of them don't

4 hours ago, monk100 said:

I'm trying to remember if I've ever actually booed at a match. I don't think so (possibly for the Liechtenstein national anthem though). It's kind of weird to me. Doesn't come naturally like cheering. It feels a bit more awkward and like a pantomime. 

I don't actually think booing is that bad, because it's kind of silly, but verbal personal attacks aren't great. 

On 5/18/2019 at 12:02 AM, Willie Miller's tache said:

He should’ve changed his hairstyle because he got abuse? The bullies win then. Wouldn’t have been my choice of hairstyle but don’t see why he should conform to a so called sensible haircut 

To be honest the crowd signing "he's got a pineapple on his head" hardly constitutes abuse.  It was light hearted banter that, in my opinion, he took way too seriously.  

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:36 AM, monk100 said:

When you are cleaning the toilets at your work your parents and kids aren't watching you.

What should fans do to complain.about the product on offer? If we are going to put players in the same bracket as the regular working person, how do we complain if we do not like the product we pay for? It's not like we can ask to speak to the manager or the owner is it? Should we write to the club complaints department and wait 28 days for a response because we didn't like a the way a player played in a game? 

17 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

What should fans do to complain.about the product on offer? If we are going to put players in the same bracket as the regular working person, how do we complain if we do not like the product we pay for? It's not like we can ask to speak to the manager or the owner is it? Should we write to the club complaints department and wait 28 days for a response because we didn't like a the way a player played in a game? 

Booing an underperforming team or individual after a match is acceptable and has been done for years. I’m sure most folk would agree with that. 

The stuff I don’t like is, as you’ve mentioned yourself, fans booing their own player for club issues or because of something that happened in a previous match, or in the case of Chris Martin being booed ON to the pitch is an utter disgrace. 

For a start, it’s hardly going to help them play better and those ‘supporters’ can put the whole team off and should just stay away from the games in my opinion.