Aberdeen or Kilmarnock... - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen or Kilmarnock...

24 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Barisic looked really good in the 2 games against Osijek.  His problem seems to be that he has the heart of a mouse.  How he gets in that Croatia squad is baffling.  We have more than some dead wood.  All of the below need to be shipped out this season.  With few exceptions they're unlikely to see any game time so we need to free space and money for better replacements.

Barisic, Wallace (gone), Worrall (g), McAuley (g), Holt, Coulibaly (g) Dorrans, Herrera, Dodoo, Grezda, Lafferty.  I'd keep Foderingham as I think he's a good keeper but he's unlikely to want to sit on the bench for another year so reckon he'll go.  In addition we've got Jones and Stewart who we've just signed and I don't see getting anywhere near our starting XI and Middleton and McCrorie who would both benefit from a year of first team football somewhere else.  Also Docherty and Rossiter coming back from loan but I don't see a space for them in the team

If Gerrard is any kind of manager then Stewart should be starting and one of your strongest players. 

Jones will  be on loan at Dundee by Christmas. He is a terrible signing for you. 

18 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

If Gerrard is any kind of manager then Stewart should be starting and one of your strongest players. 

Jones will  be on loan at Dundee by Christmas. He is a terrible signing for you. 

I'll admit I've not seen much of Stewart but I'd have thought his best position is the one Arfield's been playing recently and he's not getting ahead of him.  Agree with you on Jones, that's a baffling singing. Barring injuries to other players I'll be surprised if he gets to double figures in terms of appearances.