Aberdeen or Kilmarnock... - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen or Kilmarnock...

Just now, Morrisandmoo said:

Thinking Aberdeen were in 'pole position for sure' when killie had a game in hand, vastly superior goal difference and a home game to finish. Maybe you were on the wind up? Otherwise, a fantastic delusion. 

Not at all. The fact Aberdeen already had the points in the bag, left them in pole position. 

As I said in another thread, that has now changed. 

I cant see why you find that so difficult to see. 

Better to have the points than be looking for them. 

I think Killie beating Rangers just got harder. The team should still be fired up from this weekend plus if we can win, we'll have won all of the post split fixtures, which doesn't happen every year. 

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I think Killie beating Rangers just got harder. The team should still be fired up from this weekend plus if we can win, we'll have won all of the post split fixtures, which doesn't happen every year. 

Agreed, I don't think Rangers will be treating it like a training game. Hopefully Killie will be right up for it, looks like there will be a big home support. 

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Agreed, I don't think Rangers will be treating it like a training game. Hopefully Killie will be right up for it, looks like there will be a big home support. 

With any luck it will be a full house and a cracking game. 

Should at least be a competitive game. 

16 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Almost certainly. Although it's no as bad as January.

I remember walking through 8000 feverish huns, high on the hype that they were now favourites to go on and win the league. Having beaten Celtic and secured two massive signings in Defoe and Davis. Killie gutted by the departure of our best player in Stewart and furious with the Jones debacle. Never have I walked into a game fearing a humping, as much as that night. 

As it turned out, I had nothing to fear except losing the use of my arm having spent most of the match getting it right up the rangers. 

But regardless of the result on Sunday, it's been a great season for killie (3rd or 4th) and I'm sure both the turnout and the atmosphere will reflect that. 

Plus Aberdeen should just let us have it. They don't seem that bothered about the fitba anymore and we will appreciate it more. 

49 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Never have I walked into a game fearing a humping, as much as that night. 

I've never feared any game under SC against the old firm.

I take it you never went to games under Jefferies etc when we regularly got spit roasted at home against them?

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I take it you never went to games under Jefferies etc when we regularly got spit roasted at home against them?

Or Jim Clunie, Davie Sneddon, Gary Locke, Allan Johnston.

.....but now we have a leader.......

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I've never feared any game under SC against the old firm.

I remember an 8-1 from the late 70s I think but have a feeling we had a 7 or 8 after that? 

At work so will Google it after I've had a lunchtime run. 

17 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I remember an 8-1 from the late 70s I think but have a feeling we had a 7 or 8 after that? 

1980 I was at that game.

29 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It was 1980, Jim Brown in goals for Killie ( might have been his debut).

Think he ended up at Irvine Meadow. 

I just have a question. How much difference is the money a club receives say from finishing 3rd, to 4th. I know 3rd gets Europe so there is TV revenue. Is there an amount from the SFA a club receives for finishing 1, 2 , 3 ,4 ,5 and so on. Honest question as I am not aware how it works. Cheers..

31 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I just have a question. How much difference is the money a club receives say from finishing 3rd, to 4th. I know 3rd gets Europe so there is TV revenue. Is there an amount from the SFA a club receives for finishing 1, 2 , 3 ,4 ,5 and so on. Honest question as I am not aware how it works. Cheers..

Ladbrokes Premiership
1st - 13.40% - £3,350,000 
2nd - 9.60% - £2,400,000 
3rd - 8.25% - £2,062,500 
4th - 7.25% - £1,812,500 
5th - 6.75% - £1,687,500 
6th - 6.25% - £1,562,500 
7th - 5.75% - £1,437,500 
8th - 5.50% - £1,375,000 
9th - 5.25% - £1,312,500 
10th -5.00% - £1,250,000 
11th - 4.75% - £1,187,500 
12th - 4.50% - £1,125,000 

20 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ladbrokes Premiership
1st - 13.40% - £3,350,000 
2nd - 9.60% - £2,400,000 
3rd - 8.25% - £2,062,500 
4th - 7.25% - £1,812,500 
5th - 6.75% - £1,687,500 
6th - 6.25% - £1,562,500 
7th - 5.75% - £1,437,500 
8th - 5.50% - £1,375,000 
9th - 5.25% - £1,312,500 
10th -5.00% - £1,250,000 
11th - 4.75% - £1,187,500 
12th - 4.50% - £1,125,000 

Cheers pal. So £250,00 between 3rd and 4th.. That's some amount of money from top to bottom. 

2 hours ago, stirlish said:

It was 1980, Jim Brown in goals for Killie ( might have been his debut).

Think he ended up at Irvine Meadow. 

Jimmy Brown would probably have been better even though he was 55 and running the Bonnet Bar in Stewarton then.

The first game I can remember going to was Kilmarnock v Ranger in 1974, it was 6-0 to Rangers. 

Edited by aaid

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

Jimmy Brown would probably have been better even though he was 55 and running the Bonnet Bar in Stewarton then.

The first game I can remember going to was Kilmarnock v Ranger in 1974, it was 6-0 to Rangers. 

First game I went to watch Killie vs Rangers was 1993 and we won 2-1 at Ibrox.

Swings and roundabouts eh!

12 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Cheers pal. So £250,00 between 3rd and 4th.. That's some amount of money from top to bottom. 

The weighting toward 1st (Celtic) is poor, they don’t need it. Used to be weighted towards top 2, but they changed it when Rangers were in bottom tier.

Unfortunately Peter Lawell turned up to that meeting with scuddy pictures of all the other chairmen so they voted to spread the 2nd place money down the league, but not touch 1st place money....

16 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The weighting toward 1st (Celtic) is poor, they don’t need it. Used to be weighted towards top 2, but they changed it when Rangers were in bottom tier.

Unfortunately Peter Lawell turned up to that meeting with scuddy pictures of all the other chairmen so they voted to spread the 2nd place money down the league, but not touch 1st place money....

I agree, and I'm a Celtic man..

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I may be on my own here but the money shouldn't be the reward, spread the cash among each teams equally, being first should be enough for any team in the league. Celtic already have the huge advantage of a bigger fan base. I don't see why giving stronger teams more and more money helps a competition. 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I may be on my own here but the money shouldn't be the reward, spread the cash among each teams equally, being first should be enough for any team in the league. Celtic already have the huge advantage of a bigger fan base. I don't see why giving stronger teams more and more money helps a competition. 

If you wanted to try and even the playing field each season why not go the whole hog and reverse the prize money? 

Then the worst teams would be getting boosted by more than the better teams. That should help even it out a bit. 

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

If you wanted to try and even the playing field each season why not go the whole hog and reverse the prize money? 

Then the worst teams would be getting boosted by more than the better teams. That should help even it out a bit. 

I'd have no problem with that.

Football has lost all sporting integrity (remember those two words 🤣 ). Its barely a sport nowadays, anything designed to keep a select few at the top is pointless

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'd have no problem with that.

Football has lost all sporting integrity (remember those two words 🤣 ). Its barely a sport nowadays, anything designed to keep a select few at the top is pointless

Agreed. Adopting the reverse prize money scale is more akin to the US draft system, although it gets royally abused on a regular basis.