Player retirements - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Player retirements

romanticscot

With a potential tournament to play in next summer, I'd expect/hope players would come out of retirement, not drop into it.

Our eligible players should be fighting over a squad place next summer. At the very least, it should be all hands on decks for the playoffs.

I wonder if Scott Brown or Allan McGregor would come out of retirement if we qualified for the Euros

2 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

With a potential tournament to play in next summer, I'd expect/hope players would come out of retirement, not drop into it.

Our eligible players should be fighting over a squad place next summer. At the very least, it should be all hands on decks for the playoffs.

I wonder if Scott Brown or Allan McGregor would come out of retirement if we qualified for the Euros

Tbf I don't think McGregor would come back, he retired knowing we have a playoff for the euros so he obviously isn't that bothered about it or probably thinks we will lose the playoff which tbf if we play how we did in the last couple of games we definitely would imo.

9 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

They should be told to fuck off if they do. Which they won’t. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

They should be told to fuck off if they do. Which they won’t. 

Nornally, I'd agree. But if we do qualify, I'd want to be choosing from the best players, regardless of their past. A clean slate for all, so we can actually compete at a tournament.

If Brown is still the best Scottish CM at that point, I'd gladly take him back.

17 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Nornally, I'd agree. But if we do qualify, I'd want to be choosing from the best players, regardless of their past. A clean slate for all, so we can actually compete at a tournament.

If Brown is still the best Scottish CM at that point, I'd gladly take him back.

No chance. The players that get us there should play at the finals. 

Brown is a stone overweight and a yard off the pace. 

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:50 PM, Tartan blood said:

Hope not, they should be told to bolt if they do.

Brown's had his chance and McGregor is an unhinged liability.

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hope not, they should be told to bolt if they do.

Brown's had his chance and McGregor is an unhinged liability.

Unhinged is a bit dramatic and if McGregor changed his mind now I would welcome him back. Unless my memory is terrible (admittedly it’s not great) he has never been sent off for Scotland and has seldom been booked. 

If he tried to come out of international retirement after we had qualified for Euro 2020 then he should be told swiftly to get tae fuck. Same goes for Brown or anyone else that has retired.