We could beat Belgium in our home game. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

We could beat Belgium in our home game.

bonny78

51 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

We could beat Belgium in our home game. 

Doing that will put us back on track for 2nd place

I’m not sure are chances at home are any better than away, and by that I don’t mean they are zero. We are well suited to the counter attack if we accept we won’t have much of the ball and that is more likely without a home crowd. Belgium may also be on their holidays in June.

I want to share your enthusiasm, and true it is possible we beat Belgium, but it wouldn't put us in 2nd place.

Russia will beat San Marino and Cyprus.  We need them to drop points where we do better and we need to beat them.  The campaign is sadly ruined already in my view.

1 hour ago, romanticscot said:

I want to share your enthusiasm, and true it is possible we beat Belgium, but it wouldn't put us in 2nd place.

Russia will beat San Marino and Cyprus.  We need them to drop points where we do better and we need to beat them.  The campaign is sadly ruined already in my view.

meant 2nd place at the end of the group.

24 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

We could. I could also win the lottery on Saturday. 

Both are about as likely as each other. 

lottery is millions to one.   Hardly the same as playing well at home again a good team.

we've done it before   V Italy,  Germany,  England, France,  Holland. 

If this campaign is going to be salvaged, we need to hit the ground running often a new Manager gives a natural bounce, if the first impressions are good.  We have 1 easier game(Cyprus) and then 4 hard games(Russia, Belgium back to backs)  with three either run ins for 2nd place OR what is most likely - proper warm up games for the play offs.

29 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

lottery is millions to one.   Hardly the same as playing well at home again a good team.

You don’t do well with humour do you? 

We drew against Germany, Italy and England but you keep living in your wee fantasy world. 

10 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

You don’t do well with humour do you? 

We drew against Germany, Italy and England but you keep living in your wee fantasy world. 

A drawing game could be won or lost at any moment. 

11 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Its now all about those play offs in a years time I reckon.

Exactly, the Kazhak game was massive ( like the Lithuania home match last campaign ) and it was a disaster. May as well blood youngsters in preparation for Finland ( or other ) at home as that is the real key qualifier for me.

Doesn't mean we should not have a go at Russia, Belgium or San Marino but you can only hope.

It will be one of the clowns known as Moyes or Mackay in charge.

4-5-1.

"Boot it up ra park" industrial football from us.

Oliver McBurnie up front on his own will only touch the ball once all match.

John McGinn twice passes the ball to one of their attackers who goes on to score.

No substitutions from us until the 85th minute

Final score - Belgium 5 Scotland 0 - enjoy !

Edited by ErsatzThistle

7 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

4-5-1.

John McGinn twice passes the ball to one of their attackers who goes on to score.

It’s like your still smarting from the Darien Scheme.

13 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

4-5-1.

I said home game.  So Scotland 5-0 Belgium you mean. 

On 5/2/2019 at 5:41 PM, bonny78 said:

Exactly. If Texas Pete can find me a bookie giving 14 million to one, even I would put a tenner on it. And I think we have no chance.

If we don't win our home games we don't qualify. 

8 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Exactly. If Texas Pete can find me a bookie giving 14 million to one, even I would put a tenner on it. And I think we have no chance.

If we don't win our home games we don't qualify. 

I was using the art of exaggeration to make a point which seems to be lost on some people. 

We can still qualify if we lose to Belgium twice. We would probably need to win all of our other games though, including away to Russia. Winning in Russia will be easier than beating Belgium at Hampden though I reckon. Neither will be easy though. 

11 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I was using the art of exaggeration to make a point which seems to be lost on some people. 

I know. So was I. I would only put on a pound. £140 million is far too much for anybody to spend in one lifetime.

14 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

We can still qualify if we lose to Belgium twice. We would probably need to win all of our other games though, including away to Russia. Winning in Russia will be easier than beating Belgium at Hampden though I reckon. Neither will be easy though. 

You were trolling. Admit it