PFA Player of the Year Nominations - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

PFA Player of the Year Nominations

Player of the Year - McGregor (C),  Forrest, Morelos, Kent

Young Player of the Year - Ferguson, Hastie, Turbull, Kent

I reckon it'll be Forrest and Turnbull.  Morelos would have had a great shout if he wasn't so much of a fanny and could stay on the pitch.  Kent might pinch YPOTY ahead of Turnbull but I reckon Turnbull's form since Christmas will nick it.

Hastie a strange one, I wouldn’t even have him ahead of Alan Campbell just looking at Motherwell players, never mind likes of Ajer or Edouard not sure if McKenna, Morelos or Brophy too old?

Hastie had his 1st start at the end of January.

Is this the top 4 players as nominated by the other players, or the choice they get to select from?

Turnbull all day for me, Lewis Ferguson would’ve had a shout it vote had been earlier, Kent hasn’t been consistent enough in comparison from what I’ve seen, how he can be on the shortlist for PoTY when I would have him 3rd of the 4 candidates for young player....

All about opinions I suppose.

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Hastie a strange one, I wouldn’t even have him ahead of Alan Campbell just looking at Motherwell players, never mind likes of Ajer or Edouard not sure if McKenna, Morelos or Brophy too old?

Hastie had his 1st start at the end of January.

Is this the top 4 players as nominated by the other players, or the choice they get to select from?

Hastie was at Alloa on loan though,  and the YPOTY is open to players from the full league I believe.

I think it's a free vote then the highest 4 go through to the final vote.

54 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Hastie was at Alloa on loan though,  and the YPOTY is open to players from the full league I believe.

I think it's a free vote then the highest 4 go through to the final vote.

That makes a lot of sense then. He’ll have picked up lots of votes from players he played with and against in the championship. I don’t think he did spectacularly well at Alloa, but can see how that would have won him some  votes.

The awards have now been made:

Player of the Year - James Forrest (Celtic)

Manager of the Year - Steve Clarke (Kilmarnock)

Young Player of the Year - Ryan Kent (Rangers)

Team of the Year was: Allan McGregor (Rangers) James Tavernier (Rangers) Kristoffer Ajer (Celtic) Dedryck Boyata (Celtic) Craig Halkett (Livingston) Callum McGregor (Celtic) Scott Brown (Celtic) Graeme Shinnie (Aberdeen) James Forrest (Celtic) Alfredo Morelos (Rangers) Ryan Kent (Rangers)

2 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

Well done Steve Clarke a wonderful manager with limited resources in fact a budget of a 20th of the old firm here’s hoping that killie can finish 3rd in the league a truly great achievement 

Correct. 

Theres no other candidate for manager of the year. In fact this is the only award you can truly justify 

1 minute ago, macy37 said:

No cunt. He’s won it by default as there no cunt else merits it. 

Disagree, as has been said.hes turned a relegation battle into a contender for Europe on a shoe string budget. 

It's the only award worth talking about such us the unbalanced nature of Scottish football.

7 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Why the hell is Brown in the team of the year ? He's been pish this season.

David Turnbull should have won young player award and been in the team of the year.

Agree on Brown. 

Was Turnbull's better performances not in the 2nd half of the season? Maybe later than the voting? 

I'm not sure of the dates etc so may be completely wrong but I can't understand why he wouldn't even be on the short list. 

49 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Was Turnbull's better performances not in the 2nd half of the season? Maybe later than the voting? 

I'm not sure of the dates etc so may be completely wrong but I can't understand why he wouldn't even be on the short list. 

He has ended the season really well and has been getting more recognition for his performances.

What about Kent? I thought he’d had a handful of good performances scattered across the season?

13 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Team of the year is a riddy.

It’s almost like all the coverage of Scottish football is centred around 2 teams and whoever they happen to be playing...

😛

8 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s almost like all the coverage of Scottish football is centred around 2 teams and whoever they happen to be playing...

😛

The old firm PR machine, sorry I mean the Scottish football media went up a notch this year, just wait till next year when it gets worse. 

I wouldn't really argue with the team selected, though must be a blow to Tierney, being clear second choice for Scotland and now not even best left back in SPL! Shows the standard of football here that that is our All Star eleven though. I mean where would that team finish in the EPL? 16th or 17th maybe? There's only about three players there I can see being decent in the English Premier league

34 minutes ago, mcnish said:

I wouldn't really argue with the team selected, though must be a blow to Tierney, being clear second choice for Scotland and now not even best left back in SPL! Shows the standard of football here that that is our All Star eleven though. I mean where would that team finish in the EPL? 16th or 17th maybe? There's only about three players there I can see being decent in the English Premier league

A comparison between out league and the EPL is pointless. If any of our teams had the money they had they would have a chance of staying in that league or more.