Season 2019/2020 strips - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Season 2019/2020 strips

• 4 weeks later...

Well our new sponsor is Paddy Power & true to form, they are winding up our supporters from the off:

Anyway, they are telling us this is our new shirt:

Large

I strongly suspect the 'real' shirt will be on show at Rochdale tonight, but amazing how many of our own & rival fans have been taken in by it.

I hope 🤯

2 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Well our new sponsor is Paddy Power & true to form, they are winding up our supporters from the off:

Anyway, they are telling us this is our new shirt:

Large

I strongly suspect the 'real' shirt will be on show at Rochdale tonight, but amazing how many of our own & rival fans have been taken in by it.

I hope 🤯

😂😂😂

7 hours ago, in5omniac said:

So the Huddersfield one has been confirmed as a spoof by PP.  The actual shirt has no sponsor.

Fair play to them for making that kit for the Rochdale friendly to further fuel the fire.

Whoever came up with that pulled a bit of a marketing master-stroke. I was at Rochdale & even though I was telling everyone I knew it was bound to be a hoax & confidently predicting the 'real' shirt would come out at half-time, I won't lie that I had a few moments where I just wondered if someone had totally screwed up. We've had the FA demanding to know what was happening, MPs from the Sports Select Committee getting stuck in, newspapers running articles at how we'd sold our soul (the Leeds United Yorkshire Post couldn't wait to have a go). I know it's all still corporate BS but I've enjoyed it.

The new video is funny; especially the sly p1ss-take out of our noisy neighbours.

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Celtics 3rd kit is that grim I hope we get knocked out of Europe pronto so nobody outside of Scotland has to see it.

Haha, it's one of the worst strips I've seen in a while. It looks like one of the old stock designs you used to get on Pro Evo Master League.

• 4 months later...

Just went and tried to buy the Aberdeen away kit for the bairns Xmas. They’re sold out on certain sizes with nearly 2/3rds of the season to go and wont be getting anymore in. Adidas give them so much apparently and once they’re gone, they’re gone. You can’t even spend money now, the Adidas deal needs to be seriously renegotiated if that’s the case.  Even worse, what is left has been reduced to £25 already, I can’t see how the club makes money on them at all.