Season 2019/2020 strips - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Season 2019/2020 strips

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

As usual Hibs are way behind everyone else when it comes to releasing strips. I wonder how many sales have been lost due to people already being away on holiday. Let’s be honest any grown man wearing a fitba’ shirt for day to day business i.e. getting the messages is for the watching 

Not a lot you can do freshen up a green body and white sleeves but hoping it’s better than last seasons mixed shade monstrosity. Emerald green body, white sleeves with a collar, white shorts and green socks with white trim 

All the marketing for Hibs season ticket campaign points heavily towards a purple away top which I’m a fan of. Ideally I’d like a nod to the 94-96 purple and green calor gas stripes effort but this time id like them to try hoops

Third kit seems to be the norm for Hibs these days as Hibs and Celtic seem to mirror each other’s away kits so I’d like to see a red Hibs strip for a change, we’ve had a few red goalie kits over the years which have been smart

27 minutes ago, UpTheSlope said:

As usual Hibs are way behind everyone else when it comes to releasing strips. I wonder how many sales have been lost due to people already being away on holiday. Let’s be honest any grown man wearing a fitba’ shirt for day to day business i.e. getting the messages is for the watching 

Not a lot you can do freshen up a green body and white sleeves but hoping it’s better than last seasons mixed shade monstrosity. Emerald green body, white sleeves with a collar, white shorts and green socks with white trim 

All the marketing for Hibs season ticket campaign points heavily towards a purple away top which I’m a fan of. Ideally I’d like a nod to the 94-96 purple and green calor gas stripes effort but this time id like them to try hoops

Third kit seems to be the norm for Hibs these days as Hibs and Celtic seem to mirror each other’s away kits so I’d like to see a red Hibs strip for a change, we’ve had a few red goalie kits over the years which have been smart

Hibs use the same company as Motherwell (PSL) and we always seem to be at the cows tail aswell.

Apparently the Motherwell strip’s ready, but finalising sponsor is holding it up.

Excellent effort from Hibs this year and my purple and green stripe forecast shone through

I might actually buy the away one this year for the gym etc but will be going sponsorless.

We keep hearing that club can’t afford certain things ie sound systems, hot water in the toilets etc but they can afford to turn down a 6-figure sponsorship deal from “a couple” of candidates as per the launch interview. LD must think we button up the back 

Its a kick in the teeth to people donating to the HSL fund each month for the club to be turning down cash from an organisation in exchange for having their branding on the front of the shirts

Theres two scenarios here. Either someone has made a Noel Hunt of the sponsorship negotiations in which someone should be held to account or the rumours of an investor/takeover are true

1 hour ago, UpTheSlope said:

Excellent effort from Hibs this year and my purple and green stripe forecast shone through

I might actually buy the away one this year for the gym etc but will be going sponsorless.

We keep hearing that club can’t afford certain things ie sound systems, hot water in the toilets etc but they can afford to turn down a 6-figure sponsorship deal from “a couple” of candidates as per the launch interview. LD must think we button up the back 

Its a kick in the teeth to people donating to the HSL fund each month for the club to be turning down cash from an organisation in exchange for having their branding on the front of the shirts

Theres two scenarios here. Either someone has made a Noel Hunt of the sponsorship negotiations in which someone should be held to account or the rumours of an investor/takeover are true

Has it not been an ethical decision?

Theres a lot of pressure on clubs to steer away from bookies etc. Given that’s what about 75% of shirt sponsors are these days it’s slim pickings otherwise.

40 minutes ago, JECK said:

Cracking Motherwell home and hibs away kits. I see macron have signed up Dundee Utd also, expect that will be decent to.

Not sure about the home. While I like the traditional claret hoop, it looks a bit out of place on a pinstripe kit.

The away is a thing of beauty.

On 6/22/2019 at 6:41 PM, sbcmfc said:

Has it not been an ethical decision?

Theres a lot of pressure on clubs to steer away from bookies etc. Given that’s what about 75% of shirt sponsors are these days it’s slim pickings otherwise.

An ethical decision to take away from advertising gambling and alcohol. However Eden Mill still remains on the back

How much are Motherwell charging for a shirt. An adult Hibs top is £47 for the unbranded shirt and £52 for the Hibernian Community logo on it with the extra £5 going to the trust. Personally if I was at an age where buying a shirt is the done thing I’d pay an extra fiver each year to have a shirt without a sponsor 

Edited by UpTheSlope