Youth Cup Final - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just finished watching Rangers beat Celtic 3-2 in the youth Cup Final. 

What a cracking game. 

Two excellent sides with some really exciting prospects. With any luck a large number of these lads can become the backbone of a decent Scotland team sometime in the future. 

The only disappointment was Dembele but on reflection that's probably because of the hype around him. It wasn't like he had a bad game. 

Does he normally play wide right? 

11 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The only disappointment was Dembele but on reflection that's probably because of the hype around him. It wasn't like he had a bad game. 

Does he normally play wide right? 

Any of the highlight reels I've seen from Celtic youth matches he's been out there, aye.

54 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Any of the highlight reels I've seen from Celtic youth matches he's been out there, aye.

Last night he didnt seem at home there. The Rangers left back got booked after about 30 minutes but Dembele never really caused him too much bother after that. 

Possibly just lack of experience. 

Anyway, really impressed by a fair few of these boys so hopefully the future of Scotland and the OF is secure with them. 

Thought Dembele was anonymous during the first period but really impressed in the second half  especially his lead up play for Celtics first goal.

An entertaining match for sure with an uncanny start to both halves.

How many of those youngsters will make the grade?

On past experience 2 or 3 at best sadly. 

45 minutes ago, Catchart Circle said:

Thought Dembele was anonymous during the first period but really impressed in the second half  especially his lead up play for Celtics first goal.

An entertaining match for sure with an uncanny start to both halves.

How many of those youngsters will make the grade?

On past experience 2 or 3 at best sadly. 

The whole game was odd but thoroughly enjoyable. 

5 goals, a missed penalty and a late disallowed goal. 

Quality football, for the most part, and a much higher standard than I've seen before. 

18 hours ago, UpTheSlope said:

A youth cup final that is played without fans of both competing clubs members of the wider public in attendance due to fear and history sectarian disturbance 

Welcome to Scotland 

Thats the first time I have heard it mentioned, no surprise really

On 4/26/2019 at 2:49 PM, UpTheSlope said:

A youth cup final that is played without fans of both competing clubs members of the wider public in attendance due to fear and history sectarian disturbance 

Welcome to Scotland 

I went to one about 6 years ago with a crowd. Ignoring the bigotry was quite a good atmosphere. Sure there was about 10,000 there.

On 4/29/2019 at 12:45 PM, sbcmfc said:

I went to one about 6 years ago with a crowd. Ignoring the bigotry was quite a good atmosphere. Sure there was about 10,000 there.

No need to justify yourself, the authorities have been doing this for generations