Andrew Robertson - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andrew Robertson

Chripper

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Congratulations to Robertson but he was rubbish tonight.  To be fair he wasn't out of place as everyone else on the pitch was also rubbish. 

I think that's very harsh to be honest. He may not have had a typically good game but 'rubbish' is being ridiculous. He had a decent game, good effort on goal in the first half plus a number of dangerous crosses. Defended OK but lost the ball on a few occasions. Second top rating on BBC and decent ratings on any other site I've looked at. 

4 hours ago, dezmondo said:

I think that's very harsh to be honest. He may not have had a typically good game but 'rubbish' is being ridiculous. He had a decent game, good effort on goal in the first half plus a number of dangerous crosses. Defended OK but lost the ball on a few occasions. Second top rating on BBC and decent ratings on any other site I've looked at. 

Absurd at the least. "Robertson was rubbish so he was" fkin whatever.

6 hours ago, dezmondo said:

He may have been one of the least worst players on display, I'll grant you that but he didn't have a good game.

Neither team turned up last night.

16 minutes ago, aaid said:

He may have been one of the least worst players on display, I'll grant you that but he didn't have a good game.

Do you actually watch much football? There’s 2 sides to every game and Robertson’s 1 v 1 defending was outstanding especially against Son in the second half when Spurs were building momentum. He was rock solid and a key reason to Liverpool winning the game.

He also put in 2 or 3 outstanding deliveries and could easily have had an assist.

It was the Champions  League final and these games are rarely particularly open affairs, and it’s consistency, concentration and mental toughness that wins big finals like this. Robertson showed all 3 and his achievement here shouldn’t be downplayed.

1 hour ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Do you actually watch much football? There’s 2 sides to every game and Robertson’s 1 v 1 defending was outstanding especially against Son in the second half when Spurs were building momentum. He was rock solid and a key reason to Liverpool winning the game.

He also put in 2 or 3 outstanding deliveries and could easily have had an assist.

It was the Champions  League final and these games are rarely particularly open affairs, and it’s consistency, concentration and mental toughness that wins big finals like this. Robertson showed all 3 and his achievement here shouldn’t be downplayed.

Probably watch more football than you do champ. 

No-one's downplaying his achievement and I'm not saying he's a bad player all I'm saying is that he didn't play well last night in what was a poor game.

I've just heard him give an excellent interview on 5-live where he admitted that it had been a poor game.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

No-one's downplaying his achievement and I'm not saying he's a bad player all I'm saying is that he didn't play well last night in what was a poor game.

I've just heard him give an excellent interview on 5-live where he admitted that it had been a poor game.

Still stuck in two or three world class crosses

2 hours ago, aaid said:

No you don’t champ.

Robertson was a solid 7/10 last night like he has been all season, remarkably consistent. If Moreno was at left back last night Spurs wouldn’t have lost 2-0. Didn’t have a bad game at all.

I think the fact that there is any argument that Robbo had a poor game last night is testament to the ridiculously high standards he has set this season. 

A few top class deliveries, great run and effort on goal and comfortable defensively. His positioning (probably the weakest part of his game) has improved this season as well. Think the Daily Mail gave him an 8.5 and man of the match.

3 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Can Klopp be our new managers when Stevie C quits? seems to be  a bit more motivated than some of our players

Dont know if he would be able to retain the world cup in 2026, but we could give him a try,......

9 hours ago, aaid said:

How do you know that?

Have to say this exchange between aaid and BraveheartGordon made me laugh - can you guys list all the games you've watched this season? Then we'll all know

On 6/1/2019 at 10:40 PM, mccaughey85 said:

Having a champions League winner in the squad should give the rest of the players a boost, we should start being positive about our players, we have a decent calibre of player and should be looking to qualify for the euros more often now that it's 24 teams.

Yes let's hope we can get some more self-belief out of this 

Its great to see a Scottish player involved, even if it was a dire game. I hope it inspires a few more scottish youngsters to work hard. He wasnt a stand out at any age progressing through.

but hard work and the right attitude have got him that medal and where he is today.

He wasnt outstanding in that game, no one was. How Kane stayed on at half time I'll never know.

Its nit picking really but a few have mentioned world class deliveries, yes they were good crosses that looked great as they were in behind the defence but moving away from the keeper.

But if you look at the again, no liverpool player was anywhere near them. It was a hit and hope. He actually would have been better keeping possesion. 

On 6/2/2019 at 4:46 PM, aaid said:

He played well. Few good crosses, shot on target and defended when he had to, clean sheet and a win. Not sure what else you’d expect from as you say a poor game