Andrew Robertson - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andrew Robertson

Chripper

12 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Could Robertson be Scotland’s best ever left back.....   struggling to think of a better one in my lifetime, assuming we count Danny migraine as a right back.

I really dont know , but its givin me a sair heid thinking aboot it.... 😉😉 

Robertson's decision making and ability to pick the right pass is very good - the weight and accuracy of pass, especially in tight areas near the touch line is usually excellent. I'm not convinced if he has the leadership qualities to be Scotland captain just yet - think McLeish just gave it to him in the absence of other obvious candidates and because he was playing well for the best team in the EPL at the time. 

Edited by Saint4805

11 hours ago, Saint4805 said:

Robertson's decision making and ability to pick the right pass is very good - the weight and accuracy of pass, especially in tight areas near the touch line is usually excellent. I'm not convinced if he has the leadership qualities to be Scotland captain just yet - think McLeish just gave it to him in the absence of other obvious candidates and because he was playing well for the best team in the EPL at the time. 

He is a great player but I am totally convinced that he is not captain material. But I'm not sure that we have anybody in the squad who is?

30 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

He is a great player but I am totally convinced that he is not captain material. But I'm not sure that we have anybody in the squad who is?

Don't know if i'm alone, but I've felt like his performances for Scotland have been less good since he's had the armband. As if trying to pay attention to captainy things has taken focus off his own duties somewhat.

For other options..
McKenna's worn the armband for Aberdeen on occasion.
Souttar's captained Hearts regularly.
McGregor's captained Celtic a couple of times in Brown's absence.
I like the idea of Armstrong, given how consistent he is, good example for the rest.

Personally I'd probably go with McKenna for now. He's pretty much a nailed on starter and seems like he wouldn't be overburdened by it.

11 hours ago, andyD said:

Don't know if i'm alone, but I've felt like his performances for Scotland have been less good since he's had the armband. As if trying to pay attention to captainy things has taken focus off his own duties somewhat.

For other options..
McKenna's worn the armband for Aberdeen on occasion.
Souttar's captained Hearts regularly.
McGregor's captained Celtic a couple of times in Brown's absence.
I like the idea of Armstrong, given how consistent he is, good example for the rest.

Personally I'd probably go with McKenna for now. He's pretty much a nailed on starter and seems like he wouldn't be overburdened by it.

These options for captain only help to identify a massive problem in our squad. We have no leaders at the moment. We have no natural experienced leaders in the squad and it isn't helping us at all at that level

On 5/7/2019 at 9:08 PM, bazmidd said:

These options for captain only help to identify a massive problem in our squad. We have no leaders at the moment. We have no natural experienced leaders in the squad and it isn't helping us at all at that level

I'd rather have a Robertson at 100% tho, even if that means giving the captaincy to someone who's maybe a bit green.

Now, I'm not sure who this "Chripper" character is, but reading his comments I would assume that he was tickled pink by having actual grown-ass-men report him to teacher, errr, I mean, the Mods. As opposed to going toe-to-toe with him and being an actual man. It would be particularly pleasing as I'm 99.999% sure that he never once reported anyone here, and he could have. The amount of verbals he received, without provocation, is astounding.

The mods banning a person because of the villagers wielding torches and pitchforks demanding a person who they don't like be banned would suggest that the lunatics run the TAMB. 

Lots of people here treat this place as their own personal playground and they think that they rule the roost. If they come up against a bigger boy who is smarter, faster, more intelligent than them they go and throw a tantrum to daddy.

:) 

Edited by The_Batman

41 minutes ago, The_Batman said:

Now, I'm not sure who this "Chripper" character is, but reading his comments I would assume that he was tickled pink by having actual grown-ass-men report him to teacher, errr, I mean, the Mods. As opposed to going toe-to-toe with him and being an actual man. It would be particularly pleasing as I'm 99.999% sure that he never once reported anyone here, and he could have. The amount of verbals he received, without provocation, is astounding.

The mods banning a person because of the villagers wielding torches and pitchforks demanding a person who they don't like be banned would suggest that the lunatics run the TAMB. 

Lots of people here treat this place as their own personal playground and they think that they rule the roost. If they come up against a bigger boy who is smarter, faster, more intelligent than them they go and throw a tantrum to daddy.

:) 

I think you should refer to rule 9 of the TAMB rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Another good Andy Robertson article

Snippet

"No magic wands have been waved in my direction, I didn’t win some kind of lottery to land a spot on one of the biggest clubs in the world. The reason why I’m a Liverpool player is the same reason why I’m captain of my country: I’ve worked my bollocks off to get where I am, and by doing that, I’ve been able to make the most of whatever talent I have."

Read the rest here

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/andy-robertson-liverpool-champions-league