Andrew Robertson - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andrew Robertson

Chripper

5 minutes ago, fringo said:

Guys, can everyone not chill and not be abusive ?

This is why I've not been on the TAMB much in the last few months.

It is the absence of good posters on here that allow these folk to make it their playground.

The board very sadly fell into ruin... and then these bottom feeders turned up. It was not the other way around.

13 minutes ago, TAMB2 said:

Customer feedback is important to us.

He's gone.

Is he?

Yes, feedback from the masses who don't take too kindly to being to made to look like idiots if they act the troll.

Anyway, aside from me. I've been here eight months. I have enjoyed my time here. :)

Also, check my entire posting history - not once have I been abusive. If I'm banned for not suffering fools gladly, then I will gladly take that.

Bye all. :)

18 minutes ago, fringo said:

Guys, can everyone not chill and not be abusive ?

This is why I've not been on the TAMB much in the last few months.

Never once have I been abusive.

This guy (who has anger issues) told me to take my own life once. I completely forgot about that till he just brought it up.

Edited by The_Chripper

22 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It is the absence of good posters on here that allow these folk to make it their playground.

The board very sadly fell into ruin... and then these bottom feeders turned up. It was not the other way around.

And that's in part caused by the vindictive and abusive posters.

More abuse = less good posters.

Even some of the good posters seem to get more involved in petty arguments more often (or so it seems - I could be wrong).

Maybe some people need to count to 100, take a few deep breaths and and not get into childish arguments (it's not banter) ?

Ever decreasing circles and less posters in general and that has now left a smaller group who account for maybe about half the regular posts daily.

I used to check in here every day and read a lot of posts and reply to some.

Now I may have a quick glance every few days and just skim a tiny amount of threads and rarely post..

I'm "turned off" by the unnecessary, picky abuse and playground name calling.

What irritates me is the constant trying to hunt out which club side you support.   I am constantly accused of being a rangers fan... which I am not.  If you say anything against players you are immediately accused of being anti the club they play for...  I’m all for people chilling out a bit.  😂

6 minutes ago, fringo said:

And that's in part caused by the vindictive and abusive posters.

More abuse = less good posters.

Even some of the good posters seem to get more involved in petty arguments more often (or so it seems - I could be wrong).

Maybe some people need to count to 100, take a few deep breaths and and not get into childish arguments (it's not banter) ?

Ever decreasing circles and less posters in general and that has now left a smaller group who account for maybe about half the regular posts daily.

I used to check in here every day and read a lot of posts and reply to some.

Now I may have a quick glance every few days and just skim a tiny amount of threads and rarely post..

I'm "turned off" by the unnecessary, picky abuse and playground name calling.

I doubt anyone would disagree much with your post.

That said personal abuse and blue language are not the problem IMHO. Some of those 'type' posters are the best posters.

8 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I doubt anyone would disagree much with your post.

That said personal abuse and blue language are not the problem IMHO. Some of those 'type' posters are the best posters.

It's possibly a big part of the problem IMO. It drives people away and also devalues some of the "good" posters opinions or credibility.

What's left is less posters in general and a higher amount/proportion of many good threads ruined by petty, childish squabbles and name calling.

That in turn leads to less people reading the TAMB and even less commentating/posting.

Hence my reference to "ever decreasing circles".

I'm not aiming this at any particular individuals but just a general feeling I have from being less and less involved over the last 6-12 months.

It's a shame.

32 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

On topic....Robertson has been superb tonight. Starting to think he may be the best left back in EUROPE  after all. 😉

EDIT  Fixed it for ya 

His crossing wasn't great tonight, but he was threatening when running at him. 

However, it seemed to me that Liverpool were favouring going down a crowded right side to get Salah involved when Robertson was in miles of free space on the left. 

9 hours ago, fringo said:

It's possibly a big part of the problem IMO. It drives people away and also devalues some of the "good" posters opinions or credibility.

What's left is less posters in general and a higher amount/proportion of many good threads ruined by petty, childish squabbles and name calling.

That in turn leads to less people reading the TAMB and even less commentating/posting.

Hence my reference to "ever decreasing circles".

I'm not aiming this at any particular individuals but just a general feeling I have from being less and less involved over the last 6-12 months.

It's a shame.

I think a lot of the folk that remain are just posting out of habit now. I know I am.

10 hours ago, stocky said:

EDIT  Fixed it for ya 

You really didn't. Robertson is an excellent player but his opposite left-back last night is still significantly better.

I'd also venture that Alex Sandra and David Alaba are better.

Not bad company to be keeping though!

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You really didn't. Robertson is an excellent player but his opposite left-back last night is still significantly better.

I'd also venture that Alex Sandra and David Alaba are better.

Not bad company to be keeping though!

I’ve noticed Robertson’s first touch has improved a lot this season. In the same way as a lot of Scottish defenders, he’d touch the ball slightly behind himself when receiving an awkward pass, to stop the forward nicking it off his toes. He’s now confident enough to bring it down dead and flick it past the forward if he tries to lunge for it. This makes a huge difference in getting attacks moving. He also played some nice and quite tricky passes infield with his right foot. 

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

I think a lot of the folk that remain are just posting out of habit now. I know I am.

Now I think about it, I think I probably am as well. Although there is still a lot of interesting stuff on here. Just not as much as there used to be. On the positive side you can keep up to date with what is going on in under an hour a day now. I can remember a time when it just wasn't possible to keep up with what was going on unless you spent half your life on here. It will be even easier to read now that the Big C is gone.

46 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Now I think about it, I think I probably am as well. Although there is still a lot of interesting stuff on here. Just not as much as there used to be. On the positive side you can keep up to date with what is going on in under an hour a day now. I can remember a time when it just wasn't possible to keep up with what was going on unless you spent half your life on here. It will be even easier to read now that the Big C is gone.

The board used to be a really great resource, bringing shit to your attention that you'd never hear about otherwise. (It still is but far less so.) That is what I miss about it most. It used to also provoke regular belly laughs but they are few and far between now. It is a real pity, but as someone pointed out there does not seem to be young folk coming through in anywhere near the same numbers as the old timers have dropped out. 'Social' media has taken a heavy toll blah blah blah... but 2014 was also indirectly a massive kick in the boards nuts.