Suicide - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

You would be surprised at how many around you Terry but whether they would be prepared to admit it on here is doubtful

The fact that you have is a good sign and should go and see your Doctor

I did a few years ago and still take medication 

Still have down days but not as bad as it used to be

I know it's probably the most obvious response, but get onto your GP. It's also worth considering something like a counsellor as well, my wife recently done so after we had a loss over Christmas and it made a huge difference, there's a lot to be said for talking to someone and them listening to you for an hour.

As I'm sure you're aware, men tend to struggle with things like this due to there being a stigma about appearing vulnerable or that it makes them less of a man, the opposite is fucking true.

Speak to someone, don't bottle up and I'm sure there are plenty on here that can offer really good advice as well.

I dont know what anyone can say to help unless they have walked in your shoes. Like Ally and Mox say go to the doctor. I know 3 people who have felt like you do, counselling and medication do help.

Good luck. I find you a strong , funny and entertaining poster,  use that strength to get you through this. 

18 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Has anyone hear even been near it?

I've been struggling lately man. Not even sure why because on the face of it I should be happy.Beautiful missus who is my best friend, 2 amazing kids and a decent group of pals

Not saying i'm a professional but i have been trained in suicide prevention due to my job working with people who are struggling with addictions (drug and /or alcohol) and homelessness, some with a history of suicidal tendencies. If i can help you in any way pm me but as others have said seek help/support. 

3 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

I've been struggling lately man. Not even sure why because on the face of it I should be happy.Beautiful missus who is my best friend, 2 amazing kids and a decent group of pals

Go to your GP ASAP.  Don't forget the Samaritans are always available to talk to as well.

Good luck.

4 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Without being sure why do you think you do?

Has anyone hear even been near it?

Loads, mate.

Every few years there's a similar thread on here, and despite the way we can niggle at each other over our club allegiances, we're all Scotland fans, and the love, honesty, respect and support shown to each other in instances like these makes me be proud to be a part of the Tartan Army.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."

I've been struggling lately man. 

We all have bad patches.

No one is exempt from this.

Ride it out.

Fortunately, it's the best time of the year.

The Spring is here, and we're heading toward Summer.

What do you have planned?

Where are you going to go?

What are you going to do?

Who are you going to see?

What do you want to show to and experience with your family.

Are there any events (plays, etc.) coming to town?

You got boys?

Avengers: Endgame opens next week.

(Grab a 'What's On' for ideas.)

Have things to look forward to.

Just going for a walk can be brilliant.

Or a hike. (Hill walking.)

Or camping.

Take up photography.

Take a night class.

Learn to cook. (Maybe that one's for me.) 

Not even sure why because on the face of it I should be happy.Beautiful missus who is my best friend, 2 amazing kids and a decent group of pals

How's your alcohol intake.

Monitor that, as it's a depressant.

Agree with the above suggestions of seeking medical help and counselling.

On a personal note, as a Christian, I can share with you that my faith gets me through everything.

I'm happy, positive, content, have no fears, and I wish that for everyone.

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."

Praying for you, Brother.

God Bless!

Don’t be afraid to ask for help. 

I had a pal who’s wife committed suicide 4 years ago and then he done exactly the same thing within the year as he felt it was all his fault. 

Never ever be too proud to ask for help, there’s people out there who know what their talking about. 

If you are who I think you are, you have a beautiful family who I’ve seen the joy in all your faces when you’re together. 

Again, please get help and never ever be ashamed.  

11 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Terry lives in Australia Scotty.

(My mistake.)

We have four distinct seasons here in Canada, and all of them are good for different reasons.

Australia is a country that my Dad used to live in, and where we almost emigrated to.

It's definitely on my 'to do' list.

And dont worry about going to the Doctor - make an appointment tomorrow

As i alluded to earlier it's more common than you think and you are not alone - he'll be well versed in helping you

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/mar/29/antidepressant-prescriptions-in-england-double-in-a-decade

And as an aside - something that they dont tell you

Anti Depressants work by stimulating serotonin receptors

A lot of serotonin receptors are in your gut

So until you get used to them be very careful when you fart

If never really been suicidal but I did wake up a few times suffocating and from what people were telling me it sounded like panic attacks.

I bought a supplement called 5-HTP which helps by  increasing the production of the serotonin. I have not had any of those nights again so I would say they must have worked and you should give them ago before.

Only mentioning this because Ally was talking about serotonin.

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

Hi guys.

Thanks for the responses. Was just having a bad day again yesterday, it'll pass. Just ignore me.

I work in mental health and live in Australia as well, send me a PM if you need anything. 

Beyond blue is a charity that hasn’t loads of good advice on their website as well. 

7 hours ago, Chripper said:

My opinion on this topic would most likely see me banned.

What I will say, though, is that it shouldn't be as taboo as it is. It should be discussed more openly.

Discuss it then. 

Theres nothing wrong with having an opinion, others may not like it, but as long as it doesn’t get personal, there should be no issue with it whatsoever. 

In my opinion.