Jake Hastie to Rangers - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jake Hastie to Rangers

N4Footsoldier

12 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Reasons to be offended? So, people who are offended by the "N" are just wee nancies that looking for reasons to be offended?

This "looking for reasons to be offended" isn't applicable when people are saying words that are obvious intended to divide and cause anger.

Keep on saying it, mate, personally it makes you look like a person who wants to divide Scotland, rather than united it. So go ahead.

" a person who wants to divide scotland" 

Image result for so funny i forgot to laugh meme

Using the N word or people who are offended by it is in no way comparable and if you were half as clever as you think you are, you would know this. 

Anyway, thread is now fucked and it had nothing to do with O'neil's post.

Edited by vanderark14

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

" a person who wants to divide scotland" 

Image result for so funny i forgot to laugh meme

Using the N word or people who are offended by it is in no way comparable and if you were half as clever as you think you are, you would know this. 

Anyway, thread is now fucked and it had nothing to do with O'neil's post

Yes. I do think I'm clever, kudos for noticing.

Posting a photograph of the queen? OK. That's your right to do so, personally I wouldn't, but fine...

Yeah, well, go and ask Steve Clarke what he thinks about Scotland and its seedy sectarianism. Let's see if he finds casual bigotry as a nice subject.

I've never been immersed in sectarianism or any kind of bigotry. But you go ahead.

3 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Yeah, well, go and ask Steve Clarke what he thinks about Scotland and its seedy sectarianism. Let's see if he finds casual bigotry as a nice subject.

I find it slightly strange Clarke is massively outraged and outspoken about the sectarian element in Scotland, however I've yet to hear the same disgruntlement about his beloved Chelsea fans.

8 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Yes. I do think I'm clever, kudos for noticing.

Posting a photograph of the queen? OK. That's your right to do so, personally I wouldn't, but fine...

I've never been immersed in sectarianism or any kind of bigotry. But you go ahead.

That all makes perfect sense pal, there's only one problem. There was fuck all sectarian in O'Neil's post and there was nothing divisive, if there are rangers fans on here who were genuinely offended by it then they should take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror and get over it because there was nothing sectarian in there. 

The term hun has been used to describe rangers fans for years and is not aimed at their religion/sky wizard worship.  Its just like the term sheep shagger is used to describe  aberdeen fans. From what I have read, the term hun came from an english newspaper article where the journalist described rangers fans as "marauding huns" after they trashed and english town, possibly Wolverhampton but not sure. It had fuck all to do with protestants. 

Rangers fans then led a campaign to ban the word because one day one of them woke up and decided it was a derogatory term used to describe protestants, it never was. This IMO was the start of the crazed tit for tat we see from both sides nowadays, social media escalates it too.

This is one of the many reasons this board is now failing, people are absolutely desperate to take the moral high ground when there is no need to. 

Steve clarke was right to highlight the abuse he took because did have a sectarian element, thats the difference here.

Edited by vanderark14

5 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

I find it slightly strange Clarke is massively outraged and outspoken about the sectarian element in Scotland, however I've yet to hear the same disgruntlement about his beloved Chelsea fans.

Clarke loves a moan nowadays, I'd still have him as our manager. He could be our moaning bastard

Just now, vanderark14 said:

That all makes perfect sense pal, there's only one problem. There was fuck all sectarian in O'Neil's post and there was nothing divisive, if there are rangers fans on here who were genuinely offended by it then they should take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror and get over it because there was nothing sectarian in there. 

The term hun has been used to describe rangers fans for years and is not aimed at their religion/sky wizard worship.  Its just like the term sheep shagger is used to describe  aberdeen fans. From what I have read, the term hun came from an english newspaper article where the journalist described rangers fans as "marauding huns" after they trashed and english town, possibly Wolverhampton but not sure. It had fuck all to do with protestants. 

Rangers fans then led a campaign to ban the word because one day one of them woke up and decided it was a derogatory term used to describe protestants, it never was. This IMO was the start of the crazed tit for tat we see from both sides nowadays, social media escalates it too.

This is one of the many reasons this board is now failing, people are absolutely desperate to take the moral high ground when there is no need to. 

Yeah, in no way am I your "pal".

You can do all the research all you like and use it back up your narrative, doesn't cut much ice with me. I think everyone knows that it has sectarian undertones and to suggest otherwise is absurd.

Would it actually kill people to say "Celtic" and "Rangers"? As opposed to stupid nicknames that have messy undertones? Too grown up to call a team by their actual name?

I'm not taking any moral high ground. I don't have to.

8 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Yeah, in no way am I your "pal".

You can do all the research all you like and use it back up your narrative, doesn't cut much ice with me. I think everyone knows that it has sectarian undertones and to suggest otherwise is absurd.

Would it actually kill people to say "Celtic" and "Rangers"? As opposed to stupid nicknames that have messy undertones? Too grown up to call a team by their actual name?

I'm not taking any moral high ground. I don't have to.

in that case pal, please go and take your face for a shite

have a good day

Just now, vanderark14 said:

in that case pal, please go and take your face for a shite

have a good day

Oooh! Aren't you the Shakespeare (Or Christopher Marlow) of the TAMB.

If you really do want to be my pal then you can at least be nicer. Be pleasant. You can beg me to be pals if you want.

I mean, I'd definitely say no, but it would be a fun process. :)

Just now, Chripper said:

Oooh! Aren't you the Shakespeare (Or Christopher Marlow) of the TAMB.

If you really do want to be my pal then you can at least be nicer. Be pleasant. You can beg me to be pals if you want.

I mean, I'd definitely say no, but it would be a fun process. :)

Image result for my pal meme

1 minute ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

I am utterly baffled that anyone can think 'Sevco' and 'hun', is any of the words you describe.

Its not the 1st time you've been wrong on this board right enough 

Who said anything about "sevco"? Since you mention it, though, there is no team in world football called "sevco" - I looked it up.

Really? What have I been wrong about? It's an easy thing to say, that it's not the first time I've been wrong, but no one has actually told me what I'm wrong about. 

Found it interesting to read that a team of Rangers first team players were getting hammered by Liverpool's U23s until Gerrard brought on a bunch of young Scots from the academy on in the 2nd half. Maybe that'll show him that they have young Scottish players coming through who should get game time over their naff imports.

1 minute ago, csinclair said:

Found it interesting to read that a team of Rangers first team players were getting hammered by Liverpool's U23s until Gerrard brought on a bunch of young Scots from the academy on in the 2nd half. Maybe that'll show him that they have young Scottish players coming through who should get game time over their naff imports.

Oh really? Interesting.

Personally I think the SPL (and the other lower leagues) should be forced to have a quota of Scottish players (that have come through their academy) in their match day squads. That and making the SPL larger are the ways forward.

19 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Oh really? Interesting.

Personally I think the SPL (and the other lower leagues) should be forced to have a quota of Scottish players (that have come through their academy) in their match day squads. That and making the SPL larger are the ways forward.

Why do you feel the need to continually repeat the same thing again and again in every possible thread were it could be even slightly relevant?

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Why do you feel the need to continually repeat the same thing again and again in every possible thread were it could be even slightly relevant?

Because personally I think the SPL (and the other lower leagues) should be forced to have a quota of Scottish players (that have come through their academy) in their match day squads. That and making the SPL larger are the ways forward.

Have I mentioned in the past 24 hours that I have a proclivity towards 3-5-2? If not...

I have a proclivity towards 3-5-2.

Is so, I have a proclivity towards 3-5-2.

Oh. In Scottish football there should be a quota on homegrown players in match squads.

I still have a proclivity towards 3-5-2.

2 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Because personally I think the SPL (and the other lower leagues) should be forced to have a quota of Scottish players (that have come through their academy) in their match day squads. That and making the SPL larger are the ways forward.

Have I mentioned in the past 24 hours that I have a proclivity towards 3-5-2? If not...

I have a proclivity towards 3-5-2.

Is so, I have a proclivity towards 3-5-2.

Oh. In Scottish football there should be a quota on homegrown players in match squads.

I still have a proclivity towards 3-5-2.

Has the SFA stopped being rotten to the core for the time being?

Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

Has the SFA stopped being rotten to the core for the time being?

Let me check.

*checking*

No.

Did I mention that there should be a quota on homegrown Scots in match day squads? How about how I love 3-5-2 or that I loathe the SFA?

1 minute ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Raw as fuck, and I've no doubt he'll struggle to play next season, but he has the tools to possibly make it

He does look like a prospect, he has power, pace, skill... but none of those things do a lot when sitting on the bench.

He should've stayed with Motherwell for another season or two.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2019 at 12:33 PM, Chripper said:

He does look like a prospect, he has power, pace, skill... but none of those things do a lot when sitting on the bench.

He should've stayed with Motherwell for another season or two.

Always makes me laugh when I read this kind of thing. 

Would you stay in the same job if someone offered you 3 or 4 times your salary to move somewhere with better prospects? 

He obviously believes in his talent and is confident he can break into the team, get some experience in Europe and maybe get a Scotland call up. 

If it all goes tits up he can always go out on loan or get a move to another club.