Jake Hastie to Rangers - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jake Hastie to Rangers

N4Footsoldier

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4150254/motherwell-jake-hastie-four-year-deal-rangers/

Have to admit I haven't really seen the boy play but looking at his record this season he seems to know where the net is. Should be a good move for him to see how he copes with higher expectations.

Hopefully he's not just a flash in the pan this one season as he's been called up to the U21s as well, but how far away do we think he is from the 1st team? Next season will be huge for him.

He's Oliver Burke with a little more technique.

It's a waste for him going to Rangers. They don't seem to be bothered to play Middleton, so I don't understand Hastie's reasoning... apart from a rise in wage.

He should've stayed with Motherwell for another couple of years. He needs matches, at Rangers he's going to be sitting on the bench.

Ideally these types of players would be getting 100 first team appearances to learn their trade, get the experience, get the confidence etc before making the next move to a higher level. Hastie only has 16 appearances for Motherwell so very little 1st team experience at the highest level in Scotland

I really hope im wrong but cant see this being a good move for him or his international hopesĀ 

47 minutes ago, Chripper said:

He's Oliver Burke with a little more technique.

It's a waste for him going to Rangers. They don't seem to be bothered to play Middleton, so I don't understand Hastie's reasoning... apart from a rise in wage.

He should've stayed with Motherwell for another couple of years. He needs matches, at Rangers he's going to be sitting on the bench.

I agree it would be ideal for him to see more time to develop at Well. Probably Rangers risk of losing Kent/Morelos without likely having the budget for a more proven replacement is a factor in them taking a punt like this.Ā 

Interestingly with Middleton he might also get game time more next season if Rangers need to rebuild their attack, currently he's used mostly as an impact sub. Also Zak Rudden has been doing well on loan and in the U19s squad but I'd think he's still a couple of years away from a run in that first team. Hopefully doesn't become another Ryan Hardie.

In the main I'm disappointed by this move. Staying at Motherwell for at least another year would surely be a huge benefit to him. From a domestic football point of view it's sad that a young team isn't able to develop together before they're cherry-picked.

Only positive is that Gerrard might actually want to play Scots in his team. It was always a hope thatĀ a short-term plan hid a longer aim to develop youth even if that's youth that's bought in. Certainly the Rangers youngsters are getting rave reviews.

As others have said it's would maybe be better to have stayed at motherwell for another season to get some experience. Going to rangers could be a decent move if he gets plenty of games. Wether that will happen is hard to tell. Middleton tbf has had a fair bit of game time considering he was 18 at the start of the season so I don't see why Hastie won't get some games as well especially if he plays very well.Ā 

4 minutes ago, SWMM82 said:

Bit of a one trick pony at the moment, very left sided...and a decentĀ full back will suss him out quite quickly. Needs to add more to his game....maybeĀ should have stayed at Motherwell for his development.Ā 

This is exactly what has been said on the steelmen forum. He does seem to have gone of the boil since his great start

I'm really torn on this one to be honest...the boy has been a revelation since Xmas, but has spectacularly gone off the boil over the past month or so. Has he been sussed out by the opposition?Ā has his head been wasted by the huns (and others) offer?Ā has he hit a pure purple patch, and isn't really that good?

Ā 

If, as I suspect, that he has hit a purple patch, then he'd be as well taking whatever money SevcoĀ have decided to throw at him...if hes sensible enough, he'll be able to set himself up for life.Ā 

2 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

I'm really torn on this one to be honest...the boy has been a revelation since Xmas, but has spectacularly gone off the boil over the past month or so. Has he been sussed out by the opposition?Ā has his head been wasted by the huns (and others) offer?Ā has he hit a pure purple patch, and isn't really that good?

Ā 

If, as I suspect, that he has hit a purple patch, then he'd be as well taking whatever money SevcoĀ have decided to throw at him...if hes sensible enough, he'll be able to set himself up for life.Ā 

LacedĀ with unpleasantness.

1 hour ago, N4Footsoldier said:

It was only a matter of time before someone soured the tone of this topic.

I suppose this is another topic due for closure since as a collective group we are unable to productively discuss anything that involves Rangers like adults.

I don't see anything wrong with this thread? There was nothing wrong with Oneil's post, nothing unpleasant about it.Ā 

Ā 

Whats the problem here?

I always remember David Templeton having a brilliant game for Hearts v Liverpool in 2012, he scored at Anfield and was fantastic all game. Only 23 at the time so was thinking this was a player who could really advance his career....he signed for Rangers a day or two later who were in the 3rd division at the time! Never played for Scotland.

Guess so many young scots dream of playing for one of the old firm and also the money they offer that when a bid comes in it's very difficult to turn down. Plenty of careers stagnated though, hope Hastie isn't one as he has lots of potential.

19 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

It was only a matter of time before someone soured the tone of this topic.

I suppose this is another topic due for closure since as a collective group we are unable to productively discuss anything that involves Rangers like adults.

...another post, that has completely lost me.

6 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

...another post, that has completely lost me.

Instead of "huns" and "sevco" maybe try "Rangers" and "Rangers"? The TA should be a place where club loyalties, and their associated unpleasantness, are checked at the door.Ā 

46 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Instead of "huns" and "sevco" maybe try "Rangers" and "Rangers"? The TA should be a place where club loyalties, and their associated unpleasantness, are checked at the door.Ā 

Ā 

26 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Basically this is my point

please tell me the two of youĀ are joking?

Ā 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Ā 

please tell me the two of youĀ are joking?

Ā 

Is it a foreign concept that some people find the names "huns" and "tims" to be sectarian?

Personally I think people should grow up and stop using silly names to divide us.

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

Is it a foreign concept that some people find the names "huns" and "tims" to be sectarian?

Personally I think people should grow up and stop using silly names to divide us.

Personally I think people should grow a set and stop looking for a reason to be offended or sulk. There was absolutely nothing wrong with O'Neil's post.

CertainĀ huns on here have become a bunch of precious little darlings.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Personally I think people should grow a set and stop looking for a reason to be offended or sulk. There was absolutely nothing wrong with O'Neil's post.

CertainĀ huns on here have become a bunch of precious little darlings.

Reasons to be offended? So, people who are offended by the "N" are just wee nancies that looking for reasons to be offended?

This "looking for reasons to be offended" isn'tĀ applicable when people are saying words that are obvious intended to divide and cause anger.

Keep on saying it, mate, personally it makes you look like a person who wants to divide Scotland, rather than united it. So go ahead.