Cyprus Game - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cyprus Game

jamboman

20 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Not sure about sell out but maybe over 40k? 

Hopefully nice weather, only Saturday home game and a new manager. Looking forward to it

Unless enough parents want to see Belgium beat us I cant see us getting over 40k before the play offs, and even then it would need to be the final play off not the semi.

10 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Unless enough parents want to see Belgium beat us I cant see us getting over 40k before the play offs, and even then it would need to be the final play off not the semi.

Our first playoff match (assuming we’ll need it) will be a sell out. It will be our most important game in years. 

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I don't think enough people see the national team that important any more. Probably be a half nine kick off on a Tuesday as well.

A lot of fans are disillusioned at the moment due to our lack of success but we will get a decent crowd against Finland (or whoever we play) in the first playoff, which incidentally will either be a Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Hopefully Saturday. 

If Clarke can get us playing well and beating the teams in our group that we should beat then I reckon we’ll get at least 40,000 for the first playoff if the game is on the Thursday or Friday and a sell out if it’s the Saturday. Assuming the pricing is reasonable and the game is marketed properly of course. 

Looking forward to it!

What could have been a low key but nervy must-win game should feel more like a new dawn (albeit must win) a great chance almost to snatch back a lost cause