Cyprus Game - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cyprus Game

jamboman

11 hours ago, jamboman said:

Having bought ma ticket already.. Whats the crowd going to be???

If we appoint Steve Clarke or someone permanent will it get greater??

Will interim scot gemmil add persons?

Just asking

So have I, so there's at least 2.

11 hours ago, jamboman said:

Having bought ma ticket already.. Whats the crowd going to be???

If we appoint Steve Clarke or someone permanent will it get greater??

Will interim scot gemmil add persons?

Just asking

Let's just say I think they'll be tons of leg room.

I hope it's below 10k. I hope it is. That would be hilarious.

Edited by Chripper

4 hours ago, Chripper said:

Let's just say I think they'll be tons of leg room.

I hope it's below 10k. I hope it is. That would be hilarious.

Oh yes, that would be hilarious. 

Luckily it won’t be less than 10k since the game is on a Saturday and we are more than likely to win it. Not everyone is as disillusioned you.

I will still go to Hampden regardless of how shite we get, just as I’ve always supported my club through thick and thin. Whilst I’m as frustrated as anyone at the shambles that is the SFA and our pish start to qualifying, the players on the pitch will always have my support and I still enjoy going to games. 

With it being a Saturday game and the ticket prices being semi-reasonable for a change, I predict a crowd of around 20,000. Maybe even 30,000 if we make an exciting appointment, although this seems unlikely. 

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Oh yes, that would be hilarious. 

Luckily it won’t be less than 10k since the game is on a Saturday and we are more than likely to win it. Not everyone is as disillusioned you.

I will still go to Hampden regardless of how shite we get, just as I’ve always supported my club through thick and thin. Whilst I’m as frustrated as anyone at the shambles that is the SFA and our pish start to qualifying, the players on the pitch will always have my support and I still enjoy going to games. 

With it being a Saturday game and the ticket prices being semi-reasonable for a change, I predict a crowd of around 20,000. Maybe even 30,000 if we make an exciting appointment, although this seems unlikely. 

Yeah, I'd say "disillusioned" pretty much nails it.

It's rare for me to miss a Scotland match, especially on the weekend and at Hampden, but this time I'm staying at home.

I've literally had enough. Watching the Kazackstan match I was actually laughing when the goals flew in. It was a hysterical laugh. I've never had less confidence in these players, the SFA or the entire landscape of Scottish football.

2 hours ago, Chripper said:

Yeah, I'd say "disillusioned" pretty much nails it.

It's rare for me to miss a Scotland match, especially on the weekend and at Hampden, but this time I'm staying at home.

I've literally had enough. Watching the Kazackstan match I was actually laughing when the goals flew in. It was a hysterical laugh. I've never had less confidence in these players, the SFA or the entire landscape of Scottish football.

Can’t say I blame you for feeling that way but it is only a game at the end of the day. 

We will beat Cyprus comfortably in June and we might well have a new, exciting management team (probably wishful thinking) in place by then so it seems a bit odd that you’ve decided not to go 7 weeks in advance based on what happened under McLeish. 

It could be a decent day out. 

5 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Can’t say I blame you for feeling that way but it is only a game at the end of the day. 

We will beat Cyprus comfortably in June and we might well have a new, exciting management team (probably wishful thinking) in place by then so it seems a bit odd that you’ve decided not to go 7 weeks in advance based on what happened under McLeish. 

It could be a decent day out. 

I wish it was just 7 weeks in advance on what happened under McLeish, in reality it's been an acumination of 18 years of humiliation and 50+ years of SFA incompetence. 

In life everyone has a breaking point, in relationships, in careers, even in sports. 

I would never condemn Scotland fans for continuing to attend matches, as it's their right, but in this case, I hope that most of the people who attend the Cyprus match (and beyond) make some sort of a gesture that they're unhappy with the SFA.

As long as the SFA sit on their money (they made £78m+ in the past two years) whilst doing nothing to improve the Scottish national team or Scottish football, I'm never going to give them another penny of my money, if that means boycotting matches then so be it.

18 hours ago, Chripper said:

I wish it was just 7 weeks in advance on what happened under McLeish, in reality it's been an acumination of 18 years of humiliation and 50+ years of SFA incompetence. 

In life everyone has a breaking point, in relationships, in careers, even in sports. 

I would never condemn Scotland fans for continuing to attend matches, as it's their right, but in this case, I hope that most of the people who attend the Cyprus match (and beyond) make some sort of a gesture that they're unhappy with the SFA.

As long as the SFA sit on their money (they made £78m+ in the past two years) whilst doing nothing to improve the Scottish national team or Scottish football, I'm never going to give them another penny of my money, if that means boycotting matches then so be it.

the pub is the best place to watch a scotland game.   

9 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

the pub is the best place to watch a scotland game.   

A padded cell is the best place to watch a Scotland game.

6 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Wish I was as confident of beating Cyprus as some on here are. Going by the the last two games I think it will be a struggle.

Actually, I was going to say that.

I think it'll either be a draw or we'll scrape it by one goal.

19 hours ago, robbo cop said:

Wish I was as confident of beating Cyprus as some on here are. Going by the the last two games I think it will be a struggle.

Me too. Depends on which players can be bothered turning up and if they are willing to show a wee bit of commitment.

21 hours ago, robbo cop said:

On paper we should be able to beat them, were at home, we have better players (supposedly), last 8 competitive games we have a better record - however i'd have said the same about the Kazak game

However im not convinced its going to be easy as we possibly have no manager, all the positives of winning out Nations League group are way out of the window. I can see it being a gritty win by a goal but not convincingly 

we will get 3 points in this one.  

assuming we don't you can kiss the campaign goodbye from this point and start thinking about the play off.

NOt winning this game combined with the Khazstan result = end to our long shot at getting 2nd in the group.

8 hours ago, borojock said:

On paper we should be able to beat them, were at home, we have better players (supposedly), last 8 competitive games we have a better record - however i'd have said the same about the Kazak game

However im not convinced its going to be easy as we possibly have no manager, all the positives of winning out Nations League group are way out of the window. I can see it being a gritty win by a goal but not convincingly 

We should have enough to beat Cyprus at home. We’ll possibly struggle badly over there but at home we should win fairly comfortably. 

Some people seem to think we suddenly have terrible players because of our last 2 games. We still have decent players (more than good enough to comfortably beat Cyprus at home) and if we can get someone in place to organise them properly by June then we’ll do ok against Cyprus. 

If we have no manager (or a shite one) then you may well be right about struggling but let’s hope it doesn’t come to that. 

1 minute ago, shaggycoo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48135621

First casualty it seems. No idea why he has not already gone under the knife, not like they need him to win the league...

Seems ridiculous.  If he had the op he still wouldn't be available but surely it cant do him any good playing when he needs surgery.  As you point out it's not like his absence will make any difference to Celtic, and that would have been the case a lot earlier in the season as well - like August.

Is it not possible for an SSC member to buy a ticket for a non member if buying in a group?

Can't seem to do it on the website. Can buy friends and family in the SSC but only non members in the public sale when I log out 

Edited by Terry Munro

• 3 weeks later...