POLL | Who do you WANT to be appointed the next Scotland manager? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

POLL | Who do you WANT to be appointed the next Scotland manager?

PASTA Mick

POLL | Who do you WANT to be appointed the next Scotland manager?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be appointed the next Scotland manager?

• Steve Clarke
    • David Moyes
    • Gordon Strachan
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Malky Mackay
    • Derek Mcinnes
    • Craig Levein
    • Alex Neil
    • Scot Gemmill
    • Michael O'Neill
    • Paul Lambert
    • Ross Jack
    • Slaven Bilic
    • Shelley Kerr
    • Neil Lennon
    • Somebody the bookies haven't looked at

I'd rather a proper recruitment process was gone through, starting with inviting applications and examining out of work managers with good track records, particularly at international level. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'd rather a proper recruitment process was gone through, starting with inviting applications and examining out of work managers with good track records, particularly at international level. 

What, just like almost every other football management job. Sounds very 20th century for the SFA, not sure they'll go for it.

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You seem to be forgetting who does the hiring and firing for us. The SFA selection committee who do not appoint through usual terms and methods sourcing top candidates. They are equivalent of a bunch of grannies who wander around Poundland shops in search of the cheapest bargains going.

8 minutes ago, Chripper said:

17/5 isn't as simple as 4.4, for example.

Fractions have become tedious since internet bookmaking became so competitive.

17/5 and the likes are just stupid. Your either 3/1 or your not and if your not your 100/30.

21/20 was the beginning of the end for fractions after that it just got silly.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Cmon now, thats twisting things massively.

Hey man, the stats speak for themselves.;) 63 % win rate first time round, 67 % in his 2nd spell. I predict that no Scotland manager will better that in my life time. 

He has never drawn a competitive game, That must be some sort of record in itself?

Maybe if he had got a draw in Kasakhstan he would still have a job? He has been sacked based on that one result. Tough fukers to work for, that SFA.

14 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Fractions have become tedious since internet bookmaking became so competitive.

17/5 and the likes are just stupid. Your either 3/1 or your not and if your not your 100/30.

21/20 was the beginning of the end for fractions after that it just got silly.

Definitely obsolete.

The decimal system is just easier to get. 20/21 is just ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

Yes, 17/2 is so easy to get.

By definition? What does that mean? By what definition?

Sometimes I get the impression that some people say phrases that they just don't understand.

Because 17/5 is 3.4, not 4.4.

Maybe fractions aren't as easy as I thought. 

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Nonsense. There are plenty of sides worse than we are with much weaker players. 

We aren't good enough to expect to beat anyone. If we have an off day absolutely any nation could beat us. 

8 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

We aren't good enough to expect to beat anyone. If we have an off day absolutely any nation could beat us. 

this 100%  but everyone just blames whoever is in charge and has the memory of an elephant.

People on here are still angry about Strachen drawing in Ireland.   

Betting odds are simple - stake the denominator and if you win you get back the numerator + denominator. What's the problem? Just multiply top and bottom for different stakes at the same odds.

e.g. odds of 11/5 - stick a fiver on  and get back £16, stake £20 and get back £64.

I wrote this and it was published on Monday by the new site I write for, so guess who I voted for in the poll.......

https://www.spitballingpod.com/football/2019/4/15/forward-thinking-required-for-scotland-to-achieve-goals

When I was writing the article I had no idea the SFA board were meeting today. I just assumed they would persist with McLeish till  it was too late so I was a little surprised by today's development.

2 hours ago, morrie21 said:

I wrote this and it was published on Monday by the new site I write for, so guess who I voted for in the poll.......

https://www.spitballingpod.com/football/2019/4/15/forward-thinking-required-for-scotland-to-achieve-goals

When I was writing the article I had no idea the SFA board were meeting today. I just assumed they would persist with McLeish till  it was too late so I was a little surprised by today's development.

Aye, same here.

I was convinced he was here for a while yet. Thank fuck I was wrong.

10 hours ago, daviebee said:

Shelley Kerr?  FFS... come on!

I'd like to see her manage in the men's game in the future, but I think it would be too big a step at the moment.

Plus she's actually got a World Cup to look forward to...