POLL | Who do you WANT to be appointed the next Scotland manager? - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

POLL | Who do you WANT to be appointed the next Scotland manager?

PASTA Mick

POLL | Who do you WANT to be appointed the next Scotland manager?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be appointed the next Scotland manager?

• Steve Clarke
    • David Moyes
    • Gordon Strachan
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Malky Mackay
    • Derek Mcinnes
    • Craig Levein
    • Alex Neil
    • Scot Gemmill
    • Michael O'Neill
    • Paul Lambert
    • Ross Jack
    • Slaven Bilic
    • Shelley Kerr
    • Neil Lennon
    • Somebody the bookies haven't looked at

Souness wouldn’t know where to start with these modern day pricks. The game has unfortunately moved on and old school management styles like his can’t work now. 

That list that’s been put up is pitiful to read. As is Clarke being the top pick. His claim to fame is getting Killie to 3rd or 4th in a league that is devoid of any teams worth getting excited about.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Souness wouldn’t know where to start with these modern day pricks. The game has unfortunately moved on and old school management styles like his can’t work now. 

That list that’s been put up is pitiful to read. As is Clarke being the top pick. His claim to fame is getting Killie to 3rd or 4th in a league that is devoid of any teams worth getting excited about.

Yeah, but we're advertising for a national team job where the team in question currently sits 44th in the world rankings. We're not gonna get a truly top manager. 

• 2 weeks later...

The silence is worrying. It's a bit like the fiasco after Strachan.

Presumably they knew McLeish was getting handed his jaiket after the Kazakh horror. They waited. Did they sound people out? Nope. Sounds like they waited. I really suspect they haven't a clue. Perhaps whoever they ask will give them a Michael O'Neill. Perhaps someone already has.

12 hours ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

The silence is worrying. It's a bit like the fiasco after Strachan.

Presumably they knew McLeish was getting handed his jaiket after the Kazakh horror. They waited. Did they sound people out? Nope. Sounds like they waited. I really suspect they haven't a clue. Perhaps whoever they ask will give them a Michael O'Neill. Perhaps someone already has.

Perhaps they've sounded out people for the job but they're waiting till the season ends before an announcement is made? It's more likely the SFA are just being incompetent but you never know.

I think it's going to be Clarke, the job will allow him to stay down south near his family but also be up in Scotland regularly enough.

Clarke is still a massive gamble like levein who's stock was very high when he got the job. Clarke does have less arrogance than levein and I think he will manage the players better and command more respect 

On 5/10/2019 at 6:58 AM, vanderark14 said:

Carke is still a massive gamble like levein who's stock was very high when he got the job. Clarke does have less arrogance than levein and I think he will manage the players better and command more respect 

I don't see Clarke being anywhere near as much as a gamble as Levein. Clarke has already coached at a far higher level than Levein had at the time or probably ever will. McInnes imo would be a far closer comparison to Levein. 

1 hour ago, stevenmcn said:

I don't see Clarke being anywhere near as much as a gamble as Levein. Clarke has already coached at a far higher level than Levein had at the time or probably ever will. McInnes imo would be a far closer comparison to Levein. 

The comparison to levein was based on both punching above their weight with utd and killie. 

Clarkes record at a higher level was as an assistant and good period with WBA but he had done nothing since.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

The comparison to levein was based on both punching above their weight with utd and killie. 

Clarkes record at a higher level was as an assistant and good period with WBA but he had done nothing since.

Yes, but he does have a record at a higher level unlike Levein or McInnes which, for me at least, says something. I don't really think it makes a difference that he was only the assistant or coach, he still has that knowledge. Maybe you could enlighten me as to why McInnes would be a decent shout for the job. Genuinely interested BTW, not looking for an argument. 

44 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

Yes, but he does have a record at a higher level unlike Levein or McInnes which, for me at least, says something. I don't really think it makes a difference that he was only the assistant or coach, he still has that knowledge. Maybe you could enlighten me as to why McInnes would be a decent shout for the job. Genuinely interested BTW, not looking for an argument. 

I’m not touting Mcinnes, I made it clear in another thread that I’d be happy with either appointment, feel free to pop over to the next Scotland manager thread

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I’m not touting Mcinnes, I made it clear in another thread that I’d be happy with either appointment, feel free to pop over to the next Scotland manager thread

No probs mate, just knew you were a Dons fan, and thought you could shed some light on why people consider him a good choice. 👍