McLeish The Dinosaur is Sacked! - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

McLeish The Dinosaur is Sacked!

Guest ElChris04

Guest ElChris04

What a Day! Haven’t felt this happy for the Scotland national team in a long time. The man crippled us. Made Kazakhstan look like Brazil of the 1950s and had no tactics or formation not to mention talking gibberish in his post match interviews. Should never been apportioned and that lies with the SFA but glad they finally did the only sensible thing and sack Dinosaur McLeish before it was truly over for us. 

But good news McLeish Is Out! 🎉

26 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

What a Day! Haven’t felt this happy for the Scotland national team in a long time. The man crippled us. Made Kazakhstan look like Brazil of the 1950s and had no tactics or formation not to mention talking gibberish in his post match interviews. Should never been apportioned and that lies with the SFA but glad they finally did the only sensible thing and sack Dinosaur McLeish before it was truly over for us. 

But good news McLeish Is Out! 🎉

It’s been widely rumoured McLeish may be in ill health. Your post is in poor taste.

Guest ElChris04
5 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

It’s been widely rumoured McLeish may be in ill health. Your post is in poor taste.

If he’s in poor health, I wish him all the best. But if you think I’m not going to be happy after a manager who’s put us in the gutter then I honestly don’t know what else to say. As a human being I wish him well. As a football manger I’m glad to see the back of him and his side crew of McFadden, Grant and so on. And aswell as that the folk who appointed him should also walk. 

7 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

If he’s in poor health, I wish him all the best. But if you think I’m not going to be happy after a manager who’s put us in the gutter then I honestly don’t know what else to say. As a human being I wish him well. As a football manger I’m glad to see the back of him and his side crew of McFadden, Grant and so on. And aswell as that the folk who appointed him should also walk. 

I too think it’s the correct decision to relieve him of his duties, but I don’t intend to berate him.

Edited by er yir macaroon

The personal abuse says more about the abusers than McLeish to be honest. Criticise him for his performance by all means - God knows I’m pleased he’s away too - but hatred and name calling is out of order and doesn’t say much for the character of those doing it.

3 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

The personal abuse says more about the abusers than McLeish to be honest. Criticise him for his performance by all means - God knows I’m pleased he’s away too - but hatred and name calling is out of order and doesn’t say much for the character of those doing it.

I'm guessing by the user name that the OP is 15 so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  McLeish was the wrong man at the wrong time for lots of reasons and I'm glad he's no longer the manager.  However, having met him a number of occasions over the years, the guy is an absolute gent.  He was also very much the right guy at the right time for Scotland in the past both as a player and a manager and that should be his legacy. 

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

I'm guessing by the user name that the OP is 15 so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  McLeish was the wrong man at the wrong time for lots of reasons and I'm glad he's no longer the manager.  However, having met him a number of occasions over the years, the guy is an absolute gent.  He was also very much the right guy at the right time for Scotland in the past both as a player and a manager and that should be his legacy. 

Maybe so for the OP but I’ve seen other posts from people who definitely aren’t kids over the last few weeks, I just couldn’t decide which thread to post in 😂

Whatever the faults were with McLeish’s second time in charge, I don’t think you could level lack of effort at him so on that basis alone it’s out of order to be abusive.

It's all very sad to be honest however it is definitely the right decision.

Michael Stewart, who I normally can't stand, surprisingly sums things up nicely in my view

"I’d also add that we should stop devaluing our national team with

This is an exciting squad of players, yes it’s not going to be easy but the potential rewards, which are very possible of achieving, are immense.

Legendary status awaits someone

Guest ElChris04
35 minutes ago, aaid said:

I’m actually 19, and I have no idea why my age needs to be brought up given if said what most are saying? If I’m not allowed to criticise a manager on his performances for out national team then football has gone mad. The Dinosaur term is used due his lack of any tactics and making questionable decisions in game. Do not think for one minute I was insulting him on his health or outside of football. My uncle has met Mcleish many years ago and said he was class act. But my criticism is on his 12 games he managed and in the process put us at rock bottom. Nothing more and nothing less. 

6 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

I’m actually 19, and I have no idea why my age needs to be brought up given if said what most are saying? If I’m not allowed to criticise a manager on his performances for out national team then football has gone mad. The Dinosaur term is used due his lack of any tactics and making questionable decisions in game. Do not think for one minute I was insulting him on his health or outside of football. My uncle has met Mcleish many years ago and said he was class act. But my criticism is on his 12 games he managed and in the process put us at rock bottom. Nothing more and nothing less. 

Well said pal. 👍

9 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

There was absolutely nothing wrong with your post.

8 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

It's because you're not old enough to remember his first spell in charge - about the only time in the last 20 years when we've actually had any hope - and also his time as a player.   Criticism in fair enough, abusing a guy who is rightly a Scotland legend isn't.  

12 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

I don't see anything at all wrong with your post.

As long as you have the same opinion about the SFA. ;)

1 minute ago, aaid said:

It's because you're not old enough to remember his first spell in charge - about the only time in the last 20 years when we've actually had any hope - and also his time as a player.   Criticism in fair enough, abusing a guy who is rightly a Scotland legend isn't.  

His first spell as a manager is absolutely utterly irrelevant, his spell as a player is absolutely utterly irrelevant, his status as a 'legend' is absolutely utterly irrelevant.

He didnt abuse McLeish, many others have done.

Lets all accept failure because McLeish played for us 30 years ago, or managed us a decade ago, lets all clap along happily to yet another defeat.

1 hour ago, wee-toon-red said:

Personal abuse? He called him a dinosaur, not a cunt. You must be really easy to upset.

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

His first spell as a manager is absolutely utterly irrelevant, his spell as a player is absolutely utterly irrelevant, his status as a 'legend' is absolutely utterly irrelevant.

He didnt abuse McLeish, many others have done.

Lets all accept failure because McLeish played for us 30 years ago, or managed us a decade ago, lets all clap along happily to yet another defeat.

I didn't think he should've been appointed in the first place.

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

What has ElChris04 said thats so abusive?

I thought that someone who was old enough to remember McLeish from his first time in charge and actually more importantly as a player would've been a bit more respectful, clearly you've proved me wrong.

Edited by aaid

1 minute ago, aaid said:

I thought that someone who was old enough to remember McLeish from his first time in charge and actually more importantly as a player would've been a bit more respectful, clearly you've proved me wrong.

So no answer then.

I was 13 when McLeish last played for Scotland, I quite simply cant remember him as a player. His first spell as a manager was (relatively speaking) a success, that was however a decade ago, since then, he has been a monumental flop. Why should he get special treatment for that? Thats a serious question, I dont buy into this loyalty nonsense.

8 minutes ago, kumnio said:

What has ElChris04 said thats so abusive?

The bit about him spouting gibberish was a wee bit out of line, I thought, considering some of the rumours about his health (which I hope aren't true).

The rest was fair comment.

19 minutes ago, aaid said:

That can't be right because he knows what Brazil looked like in the 1950s.