YESSSSSS!!!!!!!! - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Catchart Circle

On 4/18/2019 at 2:21 PM, Orraloon said:

Who now though?

And should the new manager get sacked if they don't win 4 out of the next 6 competitive games?

Well, no because 4 of our next 6 competitive games are against Belgium and Russia. We’ll be lucky to get 3 points out of those 4 games even if we appoint a good manager. This is why beating Kazakhstan away was pivotal to our chances and we made a complete arse of it. 

A good appointment now will give us our best chance of getting 9 points out of our next 6 games and an outside chance of 2nd place. 

Out of the people touted for the job, only Clarke or McInnes or maybe Bilic are the only guys that would give us the spark that’s needed I think and I can’t see any of them taking it. 

32 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

thank fk we got the play offs.  i canny see us getting 2nd in this group.

2nd place was always going to be difficult even if we had beaten Kazakhstan. That’s why it was so important for us to win our Nations League group. 

We’ve got a year and 8 games to get things right for the playoffs. If something weird happens and we somehow get 2nd place then fantastic but unless we find some sort of form and take at least 4 points off Russia then it will be very tough.