UK Number 1 - The Day You Where Born ?? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

UK Number 1 - The Day You Where Born ??

The least scary aspect of this thread is identity theft (to be honest, you're welcome to my debts).

Scary is remembering songs from when I was in my teens.

Really scary - "FFS I was married when that was in the charts."

So far nobody has posted anything I can remember my kids liking.

On the bright side, I'm part of a disappearing generation who can go a whole day without taking a photo of anything & for whom instant messaging as a kid was when your Mum sent your sister to your best mate's house to find out where you were.

25 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

The least scary aspect of this thread is identity theft (to be honest, you're welcome to my debts).

Scary is remembering songs from when I was in my teens.

Really scary - "FFS I was married when that was in the charts."

So far nobody has posted anything I can remember my kids liking.

On the bright side, I'm part of a disappearing generation who can go a whole day without taking a photo of anything & for whom instant messaging as a kid was when your Mum sent your sister to your best mate's house to find out where you were.

They won't take your debts they will give you new ones.

I haven't taken a picture in years i reckon, i never take pictures.

15 minutes ago, phart said:

They won't take your debts they will give you new ones.

Exactly. They use your identity to make loans which never get paid back and which leave you saddled with a legal nightmare. The lenders know it was probably not you but have a policy to make your life hell just in case it was you (somehow). The weak link between thief and bank is you and both of them know it.

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Exactly. They use your identity to make loans which never get paid back and which leave you saddled with a legal nightmare. The lenders know it was probably not you but have a policy to make your life hell just in case it was you (somehow). The weak link between thief and bank is you and both of them know it.

I knew that really 😉

For the purposes of upvotes & likes, which I’m led to believe is the meaning of life nowadays, it seemed like a good approach to the question at hand. 

18 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

I knew that really 😉

I am absolutely sure you do. I see now this a UK number one when you are born thread. How the hell did I end up replying to this thread about personal debt? :lol:

Edited by thplinth

9 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I am absolutely sure you do. I see now this a UK number one when you are born thread. How the hell did I end up replying to this thread about personal debt? :lol:

From memory, a clearly failing part of my make-up these days, you were going to take my debts off my hands in return for me becoming someone else. 

3 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

From memory, a clearly failing part of my make-up these days, you were going to take my debts off my hands in return for me becoming someone else. 

Oh yeah... they don't steal your debts... they give you new ones.

17 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Oh yeah... they don't steal your debts... they give you new ones.

Ah bugger. So I probably shouldn’t really be replying to that 21-year-old topless model who said she was the new Head of Security at HSBC. 

Modern life is way too complicated. 

5 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

Ah bugger. So I probably shouldn’t really be replying to that 21-year-old topless model who said she was the new Head of Security at HSBC. 

Modern life is way too complicated. 

It is. Believe it or not (and I know you know better) a lot of people base passwords on some derivation of date of birth. They think they are clever but the algorithms and sheer computer power will hunt them down eventually. You give away date of birth you have given away a massive, massive clue. Facebook... oh my god... what a treasure trove... just for passwords... but that does not even touch the tip of it.

Anyway... these cunts were yodeling. I think this is why I have been a bit lukewarm on music my whole life.

6 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It is. Believe it or not (and I know you know better) a lot of people base passwords on some derivation of date of birth. They think they are clever but the algorithms and sheer computer power will hunt them down eventually. You give away date of birth you have given away a massive, massive clue. Facebook... oh my god... what a treasure trove... just for passwords... but that does not even touch the tip of it.

Anyway... these cunts were yodeling. I think this is why I have been a bit lukewarm on music my whole life.

Yes-joking apart I’ve used a programme called PINs for many long years & generate long & random passwords for everything. Not least because I worked out how to crack Office passwords some years ago & was spooked by just how easy it was at the time. 

I work with vulnerable children as well & we have it drummed into us regularly about staying safe online. I definitely worry about it though all the same. 

4 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody (4.12.75).

I’ll take that!

Bohemian Rhapsody for me too.

Did you look at the number 1 album?

Too embarrassed to mention it were you?

It pissed me off!

Could have been Queen, Bowie, Lennon, Pink Floyd, Abba... but no... 😞

16 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I checked out the NO 1 song on my 18th birthday as it says this is often referred to as your life theme song. 

Don't you want me ( Human League) 😕

Unlucky!

Bizarrely, mine was 'Come on Eileen', which is my Mum's name (& who made valiant attempts over many years to completely wreck my life).

11 hours ago, thplinth said:

Nice try at throwing us off the scent, but we all know that you are older than 57. Unless you are talking about the 1941 version?

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I checked out the NO 1 song on my 18th birthday as it says this is often referred to as your life theme song. 

Don't you want me ( Human League) 😕

Mine was relax, Frankie goes to Hollywood.