UK Number 1 - The Day You Where Born ?? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

UK Number 1 - The Day You Where Born ??

December 63 ( oh what a night) 

UK: I want to hold your hand ( Beatles) 

US : Dominique ( The Singing Nun) 

Dominique’ is a 1963 French language song, written and performed by Jeannine Deckers of Belgium, better known as The Singing Nun. Deckers never again reached the same success and continued to lead a colourful, but tragic life. She and her companion of ten years, Annie Pescher, both committed suicide in 1985, as a result of financial and tax problems stemming from the recording of the song.

Come on , there must be someone older than me out there 😕

11 minutes ago, The Ormond said:

UK, Abba, Super Trouper.

US, Kenny Rogers, Lady

08/12/80

Is that an American date or British ? Just so I can put it in my diary . 

2 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

Huddersfield - someone on the board older than me :cheers3:

Sad but true. 

Although looking at your DoB, I’m reminded of one of the bevvied up lads on our train back from Spurs on Saturday who said to my lad “we’re the same age, except you’re a year older”. So I’m going for we’re the same age except I’m a year older. 

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

There is.  :(  It's a real p1sser how far you have to scroll back on a DoB webform now.

11/04/63

UK: Gerry and The Pacemakers
How Do You Do It?

USA: The Chiffons
He's So Fine

16 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Is that an American date or British ? Just so I can put it in my diary . 

The day Jocky Lennon wis shot deid lassie. As ain bawbag goes oot anither comes in.... 😊

6 minutes ago, phart said:

Glasgow jock in here harvesting everyone's year of birth ;)

Ken whit, when I initially put mine in and seen others do the same and your name came into my head as someone who would throw that angle on this. 😄

Edited by The Ormond

Just now, The Ormond said:

Ken whit, when I initially put mine in and seen others your name came into my head as someone who would throw that angle on this. 😄

it's not an angle, it's something that anyone can do if they were inclined.

1 hour ago, daviebee said:

There is.  :(  It's a real p1sser how far you have to scroll back on a DoB webform now.

11/04/63

UK: Gerry and The Pacemakers
How Do You Do It?

USA: The Chiffons
He's So Fine

Aye tell me about it , another 10 years and our DOB will no even appear on webform, they will assume we are all packed off to a nursing home and watching reruns of Morecambe and Wise. There is more than a hint of irony in the fact Gerry and the Pacemakers were No 1 on your birth date 🙁

1 hour ago, The Ormond said:

The day Jocky Lennon wis shot deid lassie. As ain bawbag goes oot anither comes in.... 😊

Was he a tribute act ? 

1 hour ago, phart said:

Glasgow jock in here harvesting everyone's year of birth ;) then using deduction to get the date range.

I checked mine to see how long it was no 1 for exactly this reason. Still not posting it as it so horrendous . Actually has yodeling in it. 

Edited by thplinth

32 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody (4.12.75).

I’ll take that!

full DoB, with his full history cause of the Russian story, names of all family members known as well. I'd steal your identity myself but i think you used up all your luck winnng that finals trip :P

10 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I checked mine to see how long it was no 1 for exactly this reason. Still not posting it as it so horrendous . Actually has yodeling in it. 

to be fair i've actually told folk my name and orraloon still can't find it in a list with a search function, so i think most folk are safe on here. the talent doesn't exist.

8 minutes ago, phart said:

to be fair i've actually told folk my name and orraloon still can't find it in a list with a search function, so i think most folk are safe on here. the talent doesn't exist.

:lol: :ok:

I don't have the talent, that's for sure.