Dense footballers - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dense footballers

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

I think he'd rather be labelled dense than a racist.

I don't believe a word of his excuse. Everyone knows who Hitler was and everyone knows the Nazi salute. His lawyers probably told him to plead ignorance as to avoid any mud sticking and/or a ban and a fine.

The FA panel who found him not guilty are the ones who are dense.

I don't think Hennessy is a fascist, I just think he wasn't thinking when he did what he did. To claim that he doesn't know what a Nazi salute is, is just laughable.

My theory is, it was intended as banter, and he was genuinely ignorant to how offensive it could be.

Thats quite a feasible explanation.

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

My theory is, it was intended as banter, and he was genuinely ignorant to how offensive it could be.

Thats quite a feasible explanation.

I'd say so.

The fact that the FA board actually believed his excuse is just baffling, though.

10 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

I mean, it's banter for a teenager doing that. A guy in his 30s should be getting his balls booted for doing the same.

I’d suggest a footballer in his 30s probably in some ways still has the intellect of a teenage boy, certainly in the group dynamic of a “changing room”.

Lads banter...

8 hours ago, Chripper said:

I think he'd rather be labelled dense than a racist.

I don't believe a word of his excuse. Everyone knows who Hitler was and everyone knows the Nazi salute. His lawyers probably told him to plead ignorance as to avoid any mud sticking and/or a ban and a fine.

The FA panel who found him not guilty are the ones who are dense.

I don't think Hennessy is a fascist, I just think he wasn't thinking when he did what he did. To claim that he doesn't know what a Nazi salute is, is just laughable.

Was on a walking tour of Munich ( with another tamb member ) where we stopped at the statue marking riot in the 30s ; where under hitlers rule you had to “salute” ; of course in now banned , as the guide explained = elder american couple ( i know ....,) wife asks husband what the salute is ; and he demonstrates it for her.......

this was 10 yrs back; theyre vintage places them having lived through it ; altho from over the pond should know better ( this walking tour was all related to that period ) am sure there are a whole load of home grown millennials who are equally as clueless

11 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Was on a walking tour of Munich ( with another tamb member ) where we stopped at the statue marking riot in the 30s ; where under hitlers rule you had to “salute” ; of course in now banned , as the guide explained = elder american couple ( i know ....,) wife asks husband what the salute is ; and he demonstrates it for her.......

this was 10 yrs back; theyre vintage places them having lived through it ; altho from over the pond should know better ( this walking tour was all related to that period ) am sure there are a whole load of home grown millennials who are equally as clueless

It's hard to believe that people could be so ignorant to something that had such a massive impact on the world,, but it wouldn't take a big leap for me to believe it.

8 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You're right about Armstrong. Pretty sure it was Law. 

Yeah Armstrong was hoping to stay at United to finish is law degree but obviously money talks ( cheers Stephen Thompson ). Good lad to be honest.

Grant Johnston is a Solicitor now

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

It's hard to believe that people could be so ignorant to something that had such a massive impact on the world,, but it wouldn't take a big leap for me to believe it.

My mate recently went to Auschwitz. On his return to his house in North Fife he went to the pub and was talking about his trip. Two people in the conversation had claimed they had never ever heard of Auschwitz. They were both in their 30s too. Mental. 😮

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

I’m sure it was Jason McAteer that was said to be in a nightclub with Liverpool players when Jimmy White walked in and McAteer shouted “ Hey Jimmy ! One hundred and eeeiiighty “ 🙈 

It seem to recall Robbie Fowler on Soccer AM years ago telling a story of McAteers thickness. He shouted across the canteen to bring him the ketchup and McAteer asked “ the red or the brown”?

Edited by thplinth

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m sure Phil Mitchell was the rector when I was at Glasgow Uni. Do the students not just nominate someone?

It was Grant "get down them stairs you slag !" Mitchell that got the Glasgow University role about twenty years ago. 

Unfortunately a lot of daft celebritys get university roles and honorary degrees for nothing these days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2019 at 6:55 PM, thplinth said:

Compared to the crimes of the Nazis the crimes of the Communists get a free pass. In fact I’d say it is almost back in fashion. I guess it is all down to the ethnic background of the genociders.

Stalin was just as bad

On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 10:42 AM, sbcmfc said:

I’m sure Phil Mitchell was the rector when I was at Glasgow Uni. Do the students not just nominate someone?

Yep it was Winnie Mandela when I was there. Not quite as bad a choice in hindsight as Jimmy Savile would have been but still...

On 4/17/2019 at 9:13 AM, daviebee said:

Maurice Malpas has an Honours degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering.

I'm pretty sure Stuart Armstrong was studying law (or something) alongside playing.

Ach, only at Dundee Tech :whistling:

On 4/17/2019 at 5:18 PM, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

am sure there are a whole load of home grown millennials who are equally as clueless

I met a teenager who had no idea who led Germany was during World War II.

Bright footballers?

I heard Iain Dowie and Fraser Forster both have degrees.