Durrant Goes Stateside - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Durrant Goes Stateside

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Do you think it's sung because of a genuine hatred of Ian durrant? 

I reckon they sang it at dens in the hope it got a reaction out with the match itself, just like the guy with the sign at wrestlemania but your conveniently ignoring that the Aberdeen support did something about it and got those responsible to shut the fuck up.

Could you see the huns or Tim's doing anything to tackle sectarianism in their support? I doubt it

No, I think it's to mock him which is still pretty distasteful.  Fair play on those shouting it down but your last sentence is, to use a common phrase on here, "Old Firm levels of Whataboutery" 

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

No, I think it's to mock him which is still pretty distasteful.  Fair play on those shouting it down but your last sentence is, to use a common phrase on here, "Old Firm levels of whataboutery 

It's an apt response to our discussion because uou brought up sectarian singing 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm a but too young but I'm.sure Joey Harper had a song too.

Does every club have a song dedicated to each successful player? Nope, they dont. Most songs are about hatred of the opposition or they are about winding up the opposition 

Harper

jarvie

robb

boel

all had songs

miller; leighton later

west coast media and fans had us all brainwashed the same “world class” pish with paul mcstay

fades into obscurity, with a scotsport opening theme betamax goal v iceland....

17 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

miller; leighton later

Indeed - Which is my point towards the suggestions that just arent there

If anyone thinks the Simmie song is distasteful, well thats their prerogative 

It's not illegal, and is fair game if we're told we fuck sheep

There are several on here who are desperate for it to be something it isn't

SF

Edited by Redz
Spelling

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:44 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Fantastic player for us, up there with the best I've seen at Killie.

Aberdeen fans gave him pelters every game, he seemed to enjoy it and more often than not he ran the show against them.

That was a great Killie side back in the late 90s/early 00s.

Can hardly remember him running the show against Aberdeen in the 1980s 0r 90s. In fact we bossed them more often than not. As for a great side, there is no doubt Aberdeen were the team of the 80s. Durrant was a decent player but a little wanker off the field. Did he not bash up a kebab shop once lol.