Durrant Goes Stateside - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Durrant Goes Stateside

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Sorry but that's just nonsense. I'm not in a "tizz". I just find it pathetic. The fact that anyone would then defend such behaviour is also very sad. 

It just shows how childish some folk are. 

What behaviour? Someone holding up sign with the purpose of winding up huns? It worked. If it doesn't wind you up up or get you in a tizz you wouldn't be posting shite on this thread but the amount you've posted on this thread suggests you are in a tizz and wound up about it

I'll tell you what's nonsense and pathetic, making up lies and slinging the word bigot around at anyone who disagrees with you. You've three times been accused of making stuff up qnd lying on here to make your point but still you keep repeating it and you've got the cheek to get on your high horse about some dafty held up a sign about an ex rangers player.

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It's a topic that's been discussed, that's correct but that's not what you said. The topic is usually brought up by the likes of the daily record before we play rangers.

I wont comment on his talent but I do know rangers fans who say the media hyped him more than the fans did.

I laughed at the suggestion Aberdeen fans don’t give a fuck about Durrant. For supposedly bring nothing to the debate, it got your attention .... ;)

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I laughed at the suggestion Aberdeen fans don’t give a fuck about Durrant. For supposedly bring nothing to the debate, it got your attention .... ;)

Pointing out your stupidity doesn't mean you've brought something to the debate.👍🏻

40 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I’m stupid because I have a different opinion?

Your opinion is quoting half a sentence, out of context, and posting a laughing smilie? 

Top notch opinion there, son. 

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Your opinion is quoting half a sentence, out of context, and posting a laughing smilie? 

Top notch opinion there, son. 

Sometimes all that’s needed is one laughing smile but there was other posts. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

It's a topic that's been discussed, that's correct but that's not what you said. The topic is usually brought up by the likes of the daily record before we play rangers.

I wont comment on his talent but I do know rangers fans who say the media hyped him more than the fans did.

I would agree with your last sentence. As I said earlier I don't remember the world class quotes until after his injury. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

What behaviour? Someone holding up sign with the purpose of winding up huns? It worked. If it doesn't wind you up up or get you in a tizz you wouldn't be posting shite on this thread but the amount you've posted on this thread suggests you are in a tizz and wound up about it

I'll tell you what's nonsense and pathetic, making up lies and slinging the word bigot around at anyone who disagrees with you. You've three times been accused of making stuff up qnd lying on here to make your point but still you keep repeating it and you've got the cheek to get on your high horse about some dafty held up a sign about an ex rangers player.

The original sign doesnt get me in a tizz. It amazes me that anyone would be so pathetic and I commented. 

Commenting doesn't mean I'm in a tizz, its expressing an opinion. 

I've been accused of making stuff up but nobody has any actual proof of this, despite the comments being there to quote. Being accused of lying doesn't make that accusation correct. And Interestingly it's the same posters who always drag that out when I disagree with them. 

I've used the word bigot correctly, I believe, but as I've said you are more then entitled to have a different opinion. 

32 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The original sign doesnt get me in a tizz. It amazes me that anyone would be so pathetic and I commented. 

Commenting doesn't mean I'm in a tizz, its expressing an opinion. 

I've been accused of making stuff up but nobody has any actual proof of this, despite the comments being there to quote. Being accused of lying doesn't make that accusation correct. And Interestingly it's the same posters who always drag that out when I disagree with them. 

I've used the word bigot correctly, I believe, but as I've said you are more then entitled to have a different opinion. 

Bollocke, I quoted a post where you lied and you ignored it but conveniently replied to the other posts around it

I’m no lover of Rangers but when Durrant first came on the scene I remember thinking he was the real deal. Brilliant player. I think he was talented enough to make it to the very top. For a variety of reasons he never really fulfilled his potential. That’s my memory of him anyway. .

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

I’m no lover of Rangers but when Durrant first came on the scene I remember thinking he was the real deal. Brilliant player. I think he was talented enough to make it to the very top. For a variety of reasons he never really fulfilled his potential. That’s my memory of him anyway. .

There wasn't a variety of reasons, just the one.

From what I remember, over 30,000 turned up to see him in his comeback game for the reserves. Hardly what you'd expect for a run-of-the mill type player as some on here are trying to suggest he was.

It's sad as well that that's what Neil Simpson is primarily remembered for rather than a MOTM performance at 21 against Real Madrid. I suppose that's his own fault though.

27 minutes ago, daviebee said:

There wasn't a variety of reasons, just the one.

From what I remember, over 30,000 turned up to see him in his comeback game for the reserves. Hardly what you'd expect for a run-of-the mill type player as some on here are trying to suggest he was.

It's sad as well that that's what Neil Simpson is primarily remembered for rather than a MOTM performance at 21 against Real Madrid. I suppose that's his own fault though.

That's a good post till you completely spoiled it with the last sentence 

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

That's a good post till you completely spoiled it with the last sentence 

What part of the last sentence do you disagree with? It was Neil Simpson who made that "tackle", nobody else. I was a big admirer of Simpson as a player FWIW, until that moment of utter madness anyway.

2 minutes ago, daviebee said:

What part of the last sentence do you disagree with? It was Neil Simpson who made that "tackle", nobody else. I was a big admirer of Simpson as a player FWIW, until that moment of utter madness anyway.

He made one mistake as have many other players. The reason hes remembered for that first is because the scottish press went into overdrive and hounded him and his family. He left Scotland not long after. 

Of course the scottish press always paint durrant as a victim who was the next white pele and not the racist bigoted piece of shit he is.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He made one mistake as have many other players. The reason hes remembered for that first is because the scottish press went into overdrive and hounded him and his family. He left Scotland not long after. 

Of course the scottish press always paint durrant as a victim who was the next white pele and not the racist bigoted piece of shit he is.

Sorry to break it to you but Durrant WAS the victim. Whether he had fully paid-up membership of both the Larkhall True Blue flute band and the North Lanarkshire division of the Ku Klux Klan, no amount of history rewriting will ever change that simple fact.

1 minute ago, daviebee said:

Sorry to break it to you but Durrant WAS the victim. Whether he had fully paid-up membership of both the Larkhall True Blue flute band and the North Lanarkshire division of the Ku Klux Klan, no amount of history rewriting will ever change that simple fact.

Your missing the point here. The Scottish press refuse to acknowledge Simpsons achievements and they paint him as a thug whilst durrant is never seen in a negative light.

19 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Your missing the point here. The Scottish press refuse to acknowledge Simpsons achievements and they paint him as a thug whilst durrant is never seen in a negative light.

I'm not missing the point as I don't really think you've got one. In any Simpson - Durrant discussion it's always going to come down to victim and perpetrator. We all know the Weegie press like to play to their market so they won't be able to help themselves. However, no thuggish "tackle" = no need for this conversation over 30 years later, that's the sad reality.

5 minutes ago, daviebee said:

I'm not missing the point as I don't really think you've got one. In any Simpson - Durrant discussion it's always going to come down to victim and perpetrator. We all know the Weegie press like to play to their market so they won't be able to help themselves. However, no thuggish "tackle" = no need for this conversation over 30 years later, that's the sad reality.

Erm you really are missing the point. I've not in anyway disagreed who was the perpetrator and victim. I'm arguing what the perception of both men is nowadays and why that is.

17 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

If Aberdeen fans don't give a toss then why the banner? The 2 things appear to contradict each other Parky. 

My memory isn't the best but there were quite a few folk that waxed lyrical about Jess. He was being touted for Rangers and then some actual big clubs, I thought. 

The banner 😂😂😂

It was a grown man that had a sign at wrestle mania. The fact he was there and made a “banner” should show you his mental age apart from anything 😂😂

12 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I would agree with your last sentence. As I said earlier I don't remember the world class quotes until after his injury. 

I thought at time he was a demon of a player, and didnt like him playing against aberdeen

15 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Bollocke, I quoted a post where you lied and you ignored it but conveniently replied to the other posts around it

If I remember correctly you quoted a post which was a difference of opinion. I'll confess to not remembering the details as I don't really care that much about what happens here, so the conversations don't stick in my memory. 

However I don't remember any proof of lies.

8 hours ago, dandydunn said:

The banner 😂😂😂

It was a grown man that had a sign at wrestle mania. The fact he was there and made a “banner” should show you his mental age apart from anything 😂😂

It wasn't me that put the article on the forum. I just commented on what was posted. 

This however, isn't the only example of bellend Don's harassing Durrant, is it?