Durrant Goes Stateside - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Durrant Goes Stateside

7 minutes ago, The Ormond said:

Utter pish. There is no doubt that he would have been a talent to Rangers but as usual with some laddie who happens to be at the Old-Firm they are marked as some superkid World stars. If Durrant was at Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs, etc then I guarantee nobody would be giving it the “He could’ve been World class” pish. 🙄

As I said, if people take the blinkers off.

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Like Neil Simpson, for arguments sake.......

Or John fleck? Oh, wait a minute.  

I love the weegie narrative that a guy who had a 15 year career afterwards and had an unqualified physio piggy back him off the pitch, was ruined by a tackle by a player who genuinely achieved greatness. 

Still, it helps the daily record sell papers to thickos. 

Edited by Parklife

11 minutes ago, Chripper said:

As I said, if people take the blinkers off.

You've offered nothing to support your argument other than accuse folk of wearing blinkers 😂😂

6 minutes ago, The Ormond said:

You’ve said it yourself. Another eejit who is brainwashed by a biased Weegie media. 

I don't buy/watch Scottish media, mate.

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You've offered nothing to support your argument other than accuse folk of wearing blinkers 😂😂

What argument?

Why is everything an argument with you? I don't have to support my argument. What do you want me to do? Wax lyrical about Ian Durrant for a dozen or so paragraphs? I could do that quite easily, do you want me to?

39 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The hatred towards Catholics from 40% of ibrox season ticket holders is much more baffling, to be fair. 

Probably nearer 80% I'd say. Not sure if you're implying I'm one of them but you could hardly be further from the truth. I've only been to the Bigotdome for Scotland games and to see my own club.

46 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The hatred towards Catholics from 40% of ibrox season ticket holders is much more baffling, to be fair. 

The Catholic/Protestant thing is easily understood, as its well documented. 

There's literally hundreds of years of history behind it. Why it still matters to some folk is baffling, in the modern world where religion is now so unimportant. 

Why do Aberdeen fans hate Iain Durrant? Seriously bizarre, in my opinion. 

45 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I don't particularly agree with Durrant's politics (he's a bit of a bigot) nor do I care much for either half of the Old Firm, so I'm 100% neutral on this.

If Ian Durrant didn't get injured he would've become world class, maybe even better than Paul Gascoigne. It would've been virtually impossible for Rangers to hang to him, it would've just been a matter of time till a major club bought him. Man United, Liverpool and Sampdoria (among others) were looking at him.

Personally I feel Scotland was robbed of a potentially world class player. If people took off the blinkers and stop being immature they'd admit that he would've been one of the best players that Scotland ever produced. 

I shouldn't had to preface this with me saying that I'm not a Rangers fan, but apparently that's the society that we live in.

I'm not a Rangers fan, I'm just an intelligent adult.

33 minutes ago, The Ormond said:

Utter pish. There is no doubt that he would have been a talent to Rangers but as usual with some laddie who happens to be at the Old-Firm they are marked as some superkid World stars. If Durrant was at Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs, etc then I guarantee nobody would be giving it the “He could’ve been World class” pish. 🙄

No, Chripper has finally posted something accurate. Durrant was an absolutely fantastic talent who would've gone to the very top of the game.

As mentioned elsewhere on the thread, he went on to have a 15-year career. Fair enough, but not at anywhere near the level he would/should have. (No disrespect to Killie.) The guy had the world at his feet.

30 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Or John fleck? Oh, wait a minute.  

I love the weegie narrative that a guy who had a 15 year career afterwards and had an unqualified physio piggy back him off the pitch, was ruined by a tackle by a player who genuinely achieved greatness. 

Still, it helps the daily record sell papers to thickos. 

Or Eoin Jess? 

36 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The Catholic/Protestant thing is easily understood, as its well documented. 

There's literally hundreds of years of history behind it. Why it still matters to some folk is baffling, in the modern world where religion is now so unimportant. 

Why do Aberdeen fans hate Iain Durrant? Seriously bizarre, in my opinion. 

Aberdeen fans don't give a fuck about Ian Durrant. He's an irrelevant bawbag. Some just sing a song because gets dumbos like you in a wee tizz. 

35 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Or Eoin Jess? 

Don't think anyone has ever claimed Eoin Jess was one one of the greatest Scottish players ever, tbh. Good straw man though. Another piece of made of bullshit from Hans Christian Renfrew. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Aberdeen fans don't give a fuck about Ian Durrant. He's an irrelevant bawbag. Some just sing a song because gets dumbos like you in a wee tizz. 

Don't think anyone has ever claimed Eoin Jess was one one of the greatest Scottish players ever, tbh. Good straw man though. Another piece of made of bullshit from Hans Christian Renfrew. 

If Aberdeen fans don't give a toss then why the banner? The 2 things appear to contradict each other Parky. 

My memory isn't the best but there were quite a few folk that waxed lyrical about Jess. He was being touted for Rangers and then some actual big clubs, I thought. 

51 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

If Aberdeen fans don't give a toss then why the banner? The 2 things appear to contradict each other Parky. 

My memory isn't the best but there were quite a few folk that waxed lyrical about Jess. He was being touted for Rangers and then some actual big clubs, I thought. 

There’s a difference between people thinking Jess was a great player and clowns thinking Durrant was going to be World class though.

Edited by The Ormond

32 minutes ago, The Ormond said:

There’s a difference between people thinking Jess was a great player and clowns thinking Durrant was going to be World class though.

There is but I only remember the world class stuff coming out after the injury. I don't remember the same stuff being said before. 

Having said that Durrant was a far better player than Jess and definitely had the potential. There are never any guarantees though. 

Just look at, well, Durrant. One tackle and the potential can be taken away. 

11 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

There is but I only remember the world class stuff coming out after the injury. I don't remember the same stuff being said before. 

The reason the World class stuff came out was only because he was a prospect of the Glasgow big two. I’ve said it further up the page. If he played for anybody else when he got injured nobody would remember his name nowadays. The World class stuff is pish. 

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Read what parkie, he said the durrant stuff is done to get huns like you in a tizz, its works too. 

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Why have you only selected half a sentence to quote? The rest of the sentence gives the full context. As usual you add fuck all to the debate.

What context? It’s painfully obvious that some Aberdeen fans do give a fuck about Durrant, hence this thread and the many others. 

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

What context? It’s painfully obvious that some Aberdeen fans do give a fuck about Durrant, hence this thread and the many others. 

The thread was started by a st johnstone fan. Where are the other threads about Ian durrant? 

Do I really need to spell it out for you?  Parkie said Aberdeen fans dont care about durrant, the song gets the odd airing as it gets rangers fans in a tizz. 

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The thread was started by a st johnstone fan. Where are the other threads about Ian durrant? 

Do I really need to spell it out for you?  Parkie said Aberdeen fans dont care about durrant, the song gets the odd airing as it gets rangers fans in a tizz. 

It’s been a topic discussed many a time on here. Is that not the case?

Parkie can think that but the evidence I’ve seen on here and over the years suggests otherwise. 

9 hours ago, The Ormond said:

Here you, he's a published writer, how dare you question such judgement. 

Scottish bluebell matches forever. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Read what parkie, he said the durrant stuff is done to get huns like you in a tizz, its works too. 

Sorry but that's just nonsense. I'm not in a "tizz". I just find it pathetic. The fact that anyone would then defend such behaviour is also very sad. 

It just shows how childish some folk are. 

17 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

It’s been a topic discussed many a time on here. Is that not the case?

Parkie can think that but the evidence I’ve seen on here and over the years suggests otherwise. 

It's a topic that's been discussed, that's correct but that's not what you said. The topic is usually brought up by the likes of the daily record before we play rangers.

I wont comment on his talent but I do know rangers fans who say the media hyped him more than the fans did.