Durrant Goes Stateside - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Durrant Goes Stateside

Imagine being so obsessed with a football player who never played for the team you support. 

Imagine being so sad that because a player from your team committed a horrific foul on this player you'd then hurl abuse at this player decades later. 

Whatever you think of Durrant this is one of the most pathetic and sad things I've ever seen anyone do. 

Imagine this sort of shite was what your life revolved around? 

9 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Imagine being so obsessed with a football player who never played for the team you support. 

Imagine being so sad that because a player from your team committed a horrific foul on this player you'd then hurl abuse at this player decades later. 

Whatever you think of Durrant this is one of the most pathetic and sad things I've ever seen anyone do. 

Can’t see anyone hurling abuse at anyone. 

55 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Is it your time of the month again where you go full hun? 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Is it your time of the month again where you go full hun? 

Please explain what I posted there that was "full hun"? 

I was just pointing out the pathetic state of some folk. In my opinion obviously. You don't have to agree, that's your prerogative. 

Personally making a sign like that to take to a kids entertainment show is beyond anything I could come up with. So what does that make the bellend at the wrestling? 

55 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

He mentioned about folk hurling abuse at him decades later. 

I apologise. I over dramatised it. The sign isn't hurling abuse. It's being a pathetic bellend. 

Better? 

9 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I apologise. I over dramatised it. The sign isn't hurling abuse. It's being a pathetic bellend. 

Better? 

You certainly did. It’s a cardboard sign, probably made by someone that wasn’t born in 1988. 

It is pathetic though. 

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Well said. There are some absolute fkin knob-ends out there and on here too unfortunately. The hatred towards Durrant from the north-east is as baffling as it is pathetic.

I don't particularly agree with Durrant's politics (he's a bit of a bigot) nor do I care much for either half of the Old Firm, so I'm 100% neutral on this.

If Ian Durrant didn't get injured he would've become world class, maybe even better than Paul Gascoigne. It would've been virtually impossible for Rangers to hang to him, it would've just been a matter of time till a major club bought him. Man United, Liverpool and Sampdoria (among others) were looking at him.

Personally I feel Scotland was robbed of a potentially world class player. If people took off the blinkers and stop being immature they'd admit that he would've been one of the best players that Scotland ever produced. 

I shouldn't had to preface this with me saying that I'm not a Rangers fan, but apparently that's the society that we live in.

I'm not a Rangers fan, I'm just an intelligent adult.

2 hours ago, daviebee said:

Well said. There are some absolute fkin knob-ends out there and on here too unfortunately. The hatred towards Durrant from the north-east is as baffling as it is pathetic.

The hatred towards Catholics from 40% of ibrox season ticket holders is much more baffling, to be fair. 

8 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I don't particularly agree with Durrant's politics (he's a bit of a bigot) nor do I care much for either half of the Old Firm, so I'm 100% neutral on this.

If Ian Durrant didn't get injured he would've become world class, maybe even better than Paul Gascoigne. It would've been virtually impossible for Rangers to hang to him, it would've just been a matter of time till a major club bought him. Man United, Liverpool and Sampdoria (among others) were looking at him.

Personally I feel Scotland was robbed of a potentially world class player. If people took off the blinkers and stop being immature they'd admit that he would've been one of the best players that Scotland ever produced. 

I shouldn't had to preface this with me saying that I'm not a Rangers fan, but apparently that's the society that we live in.

I'm not a Rangers fan, I'm just an intelligent adult.

Utter pish. There is no doubt that he would have been a talent to Rangers but as usual with some laddie who happens to be at the Old-Firm they are marked as some superkid World stars. If Durrant was at Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs, etc then I guarantee nobody would be giving it the “He could’ve been World class” pish. 🙄

1 minute ago, The Ormond said:

Utter pish. There is no doubt that he would have been a talent to Rangers but as usual with some laddie who happens to be at the Old-Firm they are marked as some superkid World stars. If Durrant was at Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs, etc then I guarantee nobody would be giving it the “He could’ve been World class” pish. 🙄

Like Neil Simpson, for arguments sake.......