Dundee - Official Best Place to Live in Scotland. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dundee - Official Best Place to Live in Scotland.

10 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Finally I've been proved right ! 😍😎. As per influential Sunday Times Annual Report.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/

Thinking of going to Dundee next month for the St Mirren game and staying over. Can you recommend any decent pubs or restaurants ?  

Remember I am getting on a bit so none of that pit bull music , though I’m no looking for a game of dominoes either, or a murder mystery 😊 

Italian Grill in the City Square is good. My own personal favourite is Cafe Montmartre on the Perth Road. Wine Press is near Italian Grill via the steps into the square. Mennies (Speedwell) near Montmartre. The couple that own Cafe Montmartre - she is the chef and Scottish, he is French. It’s fantastic French food with a North African twist with the merguez sausage and harissa spice if you can handle the heat.

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Thinking of going to Dundee next month for the St Mirren game and staying over. Can you recommend any decent pubs or restaurants ?  

Remember I am getting on a bit so none of that pit bull music , though I’m no looking for a game of dominoes either, or a murder mystery 😊 

Riki Don't Lose That Double Six ffs :unsure:

13 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Italian Grill in the City Square is good. My own personal favourite is Cafe Montmartre on the Perth Road. Wine Press is near Italian Grill via the steps into the square. Mennies (Speedwell) near Montmartre. The couple that own Cafe Montmartre - she is the chef and Scottish, he is French. It’s fantastic French food with a North African twist with the merguez sausage and harissa spice if you can handle the heat.

Thanks, will take a look at these. I am sure they will be excellent haven been recommended by a culinary expert like yourself 😏 TripAdvisor is hit or miss. 

Might need to give the spicy sausage a miss though, especially if it has been a tight game. 

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

She isn't from Dundee.

They don't say "dug" in Dundee it's "doag", as in - "This is meh new doag it's called Kylie - Kylie meh doag"

she doesn't say "dug" that's the guy who posted this first and i stole it off.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Does he share the dug with her? Otherwise why would he say "ma dug"?

Cause they are making up a half imaginary quote for the person selling, by quoting the last line of the ad then adding in another bit for humour.

5 hours ago, phart said:

When i think of Dundee.

WTF who in their right mind gets there canine companion skinned and put on the floor. 

Whats wrong wi burying it and remembering it in good times and not as a trip hazard that your new pet wants to procreate with.. 

And with that price tag has to be from the Ferry. 

2 hours ago, Mark frae Crieff said:

WTF who in their right mind gets there canine companion skinned and put on the floor. 

Whats wrong wi burying it and remembering it in good times and not as a trip hazard that your new pet wants to procreate with.. 

West coaster fae the ferry?

9 hours ago, Mark frae Crieff said:

Probably a Killie fan.

2 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

You really want to get started with me on the topic of the treatment of animals ? 😂 Please don’t make me play the farming card 🤷🏻‍♂️

To be fair.. out of a sheepskin or Rover what would you prefer to snuggle up on with Mrs faetehferry ?