Tamb - where did it all go wrong Part II? - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb - where did it all go wrong Part II?

After listening to folk moan about the board not being like it was in the olden days, the posters are shite these days, Ā blah blah, I have thought long and hard about a solution.Ā 

Why dont we split the board in half. One half could be for the intelligent elite, it could perhapsĀ be called The Library , everyone must behave responsiblyĀ and anyone with an IQ of less than 110 will receive an automatic ban if they dare post on it.Ā 

The other section couldĀ be calledĀ Any Auld Pish Goes and could be for the rest of us. A bit like a TAMB version ofĀ Escape from New York .Ā 

Granted it may not be very inclusively pc, but it might just work šŸ¤«

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Pictured: The TAMB circa 2006 (the goodĀ auld days)

Image result for the crow road cast

Ā 

šŸ˜‚ is that you second from the right ?? Scarily there is actually someone in that picture that looks a bit like me. I wish I had been here in the olden days šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢

2 minutes ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Or even one half for those still on their original account and one for those on their 2-3-4-5-6-7 account. Also dont really get how someone gets banned because their posting style gets folks backs up but others are openly using obvious second logins because they have a ban. Wierd.

Ah, but how would we know who was on 2-3-4 etc ?Ā Ā They don't all set up a new identity simplyĀ prefixing the original name with the wordĀ ā€˜Theā€™ .šŸ§

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

Ah, but how would we know who was on 2-3-4 etc ?Ā Ā They don't all set up a new identity simplyĀ prefixing the original name with the wordĀ ā€˜Theā€™ .šŸ§

Even some of those that prefixed with "The"Ā have other previous identitys. Not that I give a shit but someone got banned for being annoying while breaking board rules is acceptable because you are in the "in crowd".

1 minute ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Even some of those that prefixed with "The"Ā have other previous identitys. Not that I give a shit but someone got banned for being annoying while breaking board rules is acceptable because you are in the "in crowd".

I assume you are talking about Chripper, I must say I found that a strange ban too. I only came across him once or twice, Ā in this section.. But granted I didn't see himĀ in the football sections as I don't have enough time to read the whole board.Ā 

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I assume you are talking about Chripper, I must say I found that a strange ban too. I only came across him once or twice, Ā in this section.. But granted I didn't see himĀ in the football sections as I don't have enough time to read the whole board.Ā 

Why did he get banned. Trolling? I just think he was one of these people you encounter all the time. Repetitive yes but not a Troll. Just surprised given the hard line taken against him it's not extended to obvious accounts from banned posters.

40 minutes ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Why did he get banned. Trolling? I just think he was one of these people you encounter all the time. Repetitive yes but not a Troll. Just surprised given the hard line taken against him it's not extended to obvious accounts from banned posters.

It would seem he was irritating too many people, at least I am guessing thats what itĀ was for. But I agree, its hardly a good reason for being banned.Ā 

Last weekend I was chatting with him on the series worth watching threadĀ , we were talking pish and having a bit of aĀ laugh,Ā there was no other bugger on the board Ā so I doubt anyone was bothered. Ormond quoted him a bit later on the sameĀ thread, it just looked like he was pulling his leg, but Chipperā€™s response was pretty condescending and itĀ got worse. If he is like that in other threads I can see why heĀ is pissing people off.Ā 

24 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

It would seem he was irritating too many people, at least I am guessing thats what itĀ was for. But I agree, its hardly a good reason for being banned.Ā 

Last weekend I was chatting with him on the series worth watching threadĀ , we were talking pish and having a bit of aĀ laugh,Ā there was no other bugger on the board Ā so I doubt anyone was bothered. Ormond quoted him a bit later on the sameĀ thread, it just looked like he was pulling his leg, but Chipperā€™s response was pretty condescending and itĀ got worse. If he is like that in other threads I can see why heĀ is pissing people off.Ā 

He was exactly like that in every other thread he entered.Ā 

58 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I get what your saying but Ormond has previous and further logins. Totally against board rules. One is banned for being annoying to the board and the other still here after constantly breaking the rules. P.s actually think Ormond brings something to this place but injustice is wrong.

51 minutes ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

I get what your saying but Ormond has previous and further logins. Totally against board rules. One is banned for being annoying to the board and the other still here after constantly breaking the rules. P.s actually think Ormond brings something to this place but injustice is wrong.

Close your hole. My other login isnae even banned FFS. Stop taking things so seriously that you get upset at the major crime of someone having another login. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

57 minutes ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

See?Ā šŸ™„

For what itā€™s worth Chripper being banned was pish I thought.

Edited by Ormond

3 minutes ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

What about Wendy Who does that one still work?

That auld ain. Anybody who knows me on here knows I hide absolutely hee-haw in who I am or what Iā€™m about. Wendy Who was never me at all. Every dick and his dug knows what my real name is, face, etc.Ā 

Edited by Ormond

Back in the day about the time we were playing Wales away.after Wendy Who got banned I was reading the Wales forum and somebody registered there as Wendy Who was posting almost identical shit to the new poster Ormond on here. Almost word for word. And weirdly both were Saints fans. So yes you are Wendy Who. Really don't bother me but you are.

1 hour ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Not true.Ā 

Ive met both Ormond and The Ormond.Ā 

I can however confirm theyā€™re both arseholes.Ā 

30 minutes ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Most people are arseholes. I class myself as a major arsehole. I always admit to my failings though.

What a brass neck this one has

Someone who has posted 119 times in 15 years is in no position to be questioning what other posters do or donā€™t bring to the board