Tamb - where did it all go wrong Part II? - Page 18 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb - where did it all go wrong Part II?

• 5 months later...

So it’s a mod or admin that’s leaving all the emoticons all over the board. 

It’s clearly turned into a hinderance and they just want everyone to fuck off and leave.  

They’ve already gotten the power they crave, so do everyone a favour, either shut the board down, or jack it in and let people enjoy it the way it’s meant to be. 

Board used to be decent for having reasonable football debates, the usual club rivaly nonsence and some right weird but interesting threads.

Now pretty much every thread is lost with the same group of posters having "banter" which is basically then winding each other up by posting utter nonsence which everybody else can see as abuse but dont care enough to be offended by.

Until we get proper mods who clamp down on this type of behaviour then the board will be lost.

TAMB reminds me now of the arseholes at a party who think they are funny by damaging stuff, putting stuff in peoples drink and trying to slag others despite everybody there having nothing but contempt for them.

11 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

So it’s a mod or admin that’s leaving all the emoticons all over the board. 

It’s clearly turned into a hinderance and they just want everyone to fuck off and leave.  

They’ve already gotten the power they crave, so do everyone a favour, either shut the board down, or jack it in and let people enjoy it the way it’s meant to be. 

Whoever it is, unless they are 12 or under  I have concerns about their mental state, and I would never say that lightly. It was quite funny the first day or two, but it is beyond childish now. It doesn't even seem to be vindictive as it is not really directed at one person , although it isn’t directed at EVERYONE either. 
Best just to ignore it.

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Whoever it is, unless they are 12 or under  I have concerns about their mental state, and I would never say that lightly. It was quite funny the first day or two, but it is beyond childish now. It doesn't even seem to be vindictive as it is not really directed at one person , although it isn’t directed at EVERYONE either. 
Best just to ignore it.

When the cunt involved was stalking someone’s family, someone who he has never ever met then I’d say you are spot on. Stooping to levels such as concerning themself with that said family’s financial situation even, not to mention the abuse of their Wife. 

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Best just to ignore it.

I’ve said who it is (though a couple more have since joined in and muddied the waters). They were getting targeted with emojis and it annoyed them because they like to argue and try to show they’re superior. With a confused emoji they can’t do that and it enraged them. So much so that they thought they’d bomb the whole site with them in the hope the mods would disable them.

The day it was clear that the cunt was accessing folks private profiles was the day I stopped taking this place seriously. Honestly, why are folk genuinely upset when myself and other spew bollocks now? It’s entirely deliberate because one cunt ruined this place. Not several, one single, sad, lonely fat cunt. Absolutely no life at all so becomes obsessed about folk he has never even met. 

16 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Best just to ignore it.

It's easily ignored. Turn off notifications, job done.

56 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Board used to be decent for having reasonable football debates, the usual club rivaly nonsence and some right weird but interesting threads.

Now pretty much every thread is lost with the same group of posters having "banter" which is basically then winding each other up by posting utter nonsence which everybody else can see as abuse but dont care enough to be offended by.

Until we get proper mods who clamp down on this type of behaviour then the board will be lost.

TAMB reminds me now of the arseholes at a party who think they are funny by damaging stuff, putting stuff in peoples drink and trying to slag others despite everybody there having nothing but contempt for them.

Correct, same 4 or 5 folk every time. Car crash stuff 

10 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

It's easily ignored. Turn off notifications, job done.

This is the bit I just don't get. Why does it seem to bother folk so much. Does it really change people's lives in any way. Who cares if there are daft faces plastered all over the place? Why do they care?

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

This is the bit I just don't get. Why does it seem to bother folk so much. Does it really change people's lives in any way. Who cares if there are daft faces plastered all over the place? Why do they care?

I am not bothered in the slightest but It does concern me that someone is putting all this effort in. They are either deliberately trying to sabotage the board or they are not quite right, either scenario is not good. 
If I turn off all notifications I may miss someone I may want to respond to so I just put up with the reactions, but there is possibly something more sinister going on.  

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I am not bothered in the slightest but It does concern me that someone is putting all this effort in. They are either deliberately trying to sabotage the board or they are not quite right, either scenario is not good. 
If I turn off all notifications I may miss someone I may want to respond to so I just put up with the reactions, but there is possibly something more sinister going on.  

A few folk have talked about all this "effort". Where does the effort come in? It's one click of the mouse. See, even I can do it.

12 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

A few folk have talked about all this "effort". Where does the effort come in? It's one click of the mouse. See, even I can do it.

I mean the effort going through all the threads doing this. Do you think that is normal behaviour? What is their reason?