Tamb - where did it all go wrong Part II? - Page 14 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb - where did it all go wrong Part II?

1 hour ago, phart said:

There's been a parade of them as well. It's like they think you're a catholic or something. Mind the stories Jim Fairlie had about him being the only catholic copper in Fife, the passive aggression etc

Trying to stalk you and gaslight you. I've already mentioned the best example for me, when everyone was doing some survey and toting up percentages and mine was over 100, in comes the "stalker", oh only you would get over 100 blah di blah some perjorative, some gaslighting. Yet the majority of the folk doing it before me had over 100 as well. Not even reading the thread just reading my posts and then trying to point out flaws in faux pally way.

Well least you're bringing meaning to someone's life, and at least you're not them.

Amen to that. I caught a wee glimpse of what lies beneath when it tried to smear Scotty as a racist, the seethe and nastiness were very palpable. (Scotty alas seems to have stopped posting, hopefully just a temporary thing.) You wonder what emotion motivates someone to register on a message board to pursue (what must be a fairly pathetic) grudge from a previous incarnation (presumably). Would it be errrrrrm... bitterness. Whatever it is, it is for sure not coming out of the happy jar. Genuinely creepy.

Noticed it started following you around as well. Shocker. I guess Scotty disappearing freed up a few hours in it's day.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Amen to that. I caught a wee glimpse of what lies beneath when it tried to smear Scotty as a racist, the seethe and nastiness were very palpable. (Scotty alas seems to have stopped posting, hopefully just a temporary thing.) You wonder what emotion motivates someone to register on a message board to pursue (what must be a fairly pathetic) grudge from a previous incarnation (presumably). Would it be errrrrrm... bitterness. Whatever it is, it is for sure not coming out of the happy jar. Genuinely creepy.

Noticed it started following you around as well. Shocker. I guess Scotty disappearing freed up a few hours in it's day.

I only saw one post when we posted simultaneously and the board showed me it, otherwise I see nothing. It's like a mute function they just howl into the vast emptiness.

No one thinks "i'm an embittered creepy stalker" i'm sure in their mind they're ascribing more noble motivations.

I used to react all the time, but then you get older and realise they have to live with themselves all the time, i'm just experiencing the projection of their current psyche. I'd rather just ignore it than add anymore negative shit to their life. They clearly already have enough on their plate.

Edited by phart

On 1/14/2020 at 6:44 PM, thplinth said:

Yep. The troll wave has successfully killed the remnant board just as it was starting to get going again. 

8 hours plus on AOB during the day without a post! I think we have to say it is over.

A few folk huddled around a single fire in football related is not the TAMB. Fuck it.

Sadly I agree. There are still a lot of good posters on here but they cannot be expected to keep this going indefinitely , no-one has the time to dedicate large parts of their day to it.

I don't think there is the same variety of poster as there once was. People feed off interesting /funny /bizarre posts and its builds momentum but everything has slowed a bit. When someone like myself has become a regular poster you know the game is up. I am not trying to be self depreciating here , just being honest and using myself as an example of an average Joe poster. If more was going on the likes of my posts would be few and far between which is fine, there is a place for everyone on here and not everyone needs to be an intellect or comedian. But you do want to be stimulated in some way by different subjects and personalities. 

Perhaps if Scotland qualify for the Euros it will bring additional traffic to TA Specific and in turn AOB, but I am no holding my breath for either of those to happen. 

14 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Eisegerwind, you are extremely boring. I've no idea who you are but you are extremely tedious and offer much less than fuck all to this board. 

If you are trying to kill this place off then you are doing an awesome job. 

Yeah, I gathered that you weren't that keen from your previous interaction with me.

I wonder if the regular posters here (myself included) are just dinosaurs, clinging on to an outdated form of online discussion and debate.

The main Motherwell forum is slow these days as well. There’s not even a thread about tomorrow’s game yet.

The only time it livens up is when we are shite and folk start calling for the managers head. 😂

Im not a big fan of twitter, it’s toxic and every football story quickly gets dragged to the same gutter point scoring garbage.

Facebook appears to be for illiterate morons and old people.

Im too old for instagram

Im going to need to start doing work during the day and speaking to my family of an evening. 😱

I meant to add, in my opinion there are a handful of posters who are probably trying to keep the place alive by generating discussion by asking stupid questions or pushing folks buttons to illicit responses.

However it’s back fired, as that’s basically the only content and it hurts my brain reading it. 😂

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I wonder if the regular posters here (myself included) are just dinosaurs, clinging on to an outdated form of online discussion and debate.

The main Motherwell forum is slow these days as well. There’s not even a thread about tomorrow’s game yet.

The only time it livens up is when we are shite and folk start calling for the managers head. 😂

Im not a big fan of twitter, it’s toxic and every football story quickly gets dragged to the same gutter point scoring garbage.

Im too old for instagram

Im going to need to start doing work during the day and speaking to my family of an evening. 😱

I am on about 2-3 TA FB groups. The TAMB here, even in its current state of health, is a 100% better than any of them. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Im too old for instagram

I'm on the Oatcake for Stoke and that is definitely slowing down too.  It has 19,000 members with 7500 being the peak in 2010 probably when we were signing someone semi-decent.  

In the last 24 hours there has been 1000 online and that's when an evening game on Sky has been on and we've actually won away from home!     

I was on a DFC form, but was warned quite often for telling the truth about the state of the club, and then banned for telling the mod, sorry owner as he preferred to be called, that he was a spastic cunt & a power mad Hitler wannabe who banned anyone who didnt go along with and fellow mods happy clapper pish, needless to say, I was banned after that message. Its full of idiots who think everything will come good, that the club got rid of Hartley at exactly the right time, and than McCann was a good promising appointment, who would have came good, right up until the club sacked him, then it was ideal timing, they were sycophant twats who bent over to accommodate the clubs position on everything. Forming your own opinion wasn't welcomed.

I occasionally have a look at P&B, and its better than the above, but the TAMB was the best fitba board by a mile. Its probably been killed by off 2014, RFC passing away and twitter/facebook, but Ive absolutely no interest in that pish.

On 1/22/2020 at 7:52 AM, kumnio said:

I was on a DFC form, but was warned quite often for telling the truth about the state of the club, and then banned for telling the mod, sorry owner as he preferred to be called, that he was a spastic cunt & a power mad Hitler wannabe who banned anyone who didnt go along with and fellow mods happy clapper pish, needless to say, I was banned after that message.

A banning for that seems somewhat harsh.

On 1/22/2020 at 7:52 AM, kumnio said:

I was on a DFC form, but was warned quite often for telling the truth about the state of the club, and then banned for telling the mod, sorry owner as he preferred to be called, that he was a spastic cunt & a power mad Hitler wannabe who banned anyone who didnt go along with and fellow mods happy clapper pish, needless to say, I was banned after that message. Its full of idiots who think everything will come good, that the club got rid of Hartley at exactly the right time, and than McCann was a good promising appointment, who would have came good, right up until the club sacked him, then it was ideal timing, they were sycophant twats who bent over to accommodate the clubs position on everything. Forming your own opinion wasn't welcomed.

You may have been banned for posting the longest sentences known to mankind ? 😉☺️

11 hours ago, aaid said:

A banning for that seems somewhat harsh.

Ach I got bored with their head in the sand positive pish. I knew I was getting banned anyway, so was just honest. 

10 hours ago, fringo said:

You may have been banned for posting the longest sentences known to mankind ? 😉☺️

Three sentences there, but I take your point.