Tamb - where did it all go wrong Part II? - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb - where did it all go wrong Part II?

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Aye. a lot of the old posters have just disappeared. Some came back briefly  when the new board started up. The youngsters don't seem to up for a laugh as much as in the old days. Too busy looking for something to be offended about, maybe?

2014 also had a big impact. It might have been better if Rangers had lost?

FTFY

49 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Do you mean in the way it was handled on here? All the heavy handed bannings / suspensions? 

The fall of Rangers is undoubtedly also a massive factor in the boards decline. 

I've always said that the TAMB needs a strong Rangers.

I don't know how many got banned or how many just left because they got fed up of it all. Probably a mixture of both? A lot of the good posters used to be openly Rangers supporters and I would guess that quite a few of the other ones, who are no longer with us, were closet Rangers fans.

A lot of other non Rangers fans also started to disappear around that time. The UEFA Cup final and then the fall of Rangers was a good laugh to start with, but it all just went on too long and I think folk just got bored with it all. 

To be fair to Chripper he did make the occasional good points. The problem was that he then just went on and fkin on making them!

Probably a few others who could've used a ban before him all the same. That clown who keeps going on about Paul Dickov for manager for one. He actually used to be quite funny in a previous incarnation but is beyond tedious now.

1 hour ago, daviebee said:

To be fair to Chripper he did make the occasional good points. The problem was that he then just went on and fkin on making them!

Probably a few others who could've used a ban before him all the same. That clown who keeps going on about Paul Dickov for manager for one. He actually used to be quite funny in a previous incarnation but is beyond tedious now.

He’s the same prick who scans the private profiles of people. He got bored of it. 

I am sure I have annoyed a few folk. Maybe because I live in Ottawa and trying to fit in. I have gone over the top a few times, said things that were totally unacceptable.  I will be the first to admit, I post alot in Celtic, as that is my club. I get offended easy and take huff. I need to get passed that. I truely enjoy this messageboard. Lately I have been reading posts, not getting involved. From the heart. Apologies to anyone I have offended, I mean that sincerely. I never want to have enemies on this board. We are all passionate, we all love our clubs, but we have to respect eachother. I am guilty, 100 percent of that. My "Mighty Celtic" thread, should just be "Anything Celtic".  Anyhoo, that's me. I get it now .... Scotland Forever..

Forgive me TAMB for I have sinned. I have posted while intoxicated, wound up under the guise of debate,called my fellow TAMBERS awfully bad names and only posted in the Anything goes section. I am truly sorry for doing all these bad things  and hope the TAMB can find forgiveness in it's database. I feel a weight has been lifted from my being, thanks for reading.

Edited by Eisegerwind

7 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I am sure I have annoyed a few folk. Maybe because I live in Ottawa and trying to fit in. I have gone over the top a few times, said things that were totally unacceptable.  I will be the first to admit, I post alot in Celtic, as that is my club. I get offended easy and take huff. I need to get passed that. I truely enjoy this messageboard. Lately I have been reading posts, not getting involved. From the heart. Apologies to anyone I have offended, I mean that sincerely. I never want to have enemies on this board. We are all passionate, we all love our clubs, but we have to respect eachother. I am guilty, 100 percent of that. My "Mighty Celtic" thread, should just be "Anything Celtic".  Anyhoo, that's me. I get it now .... Scotland Forever..

Ahh

I will probably be shot down in flames for this but I think people take this board far too seriously. Some folk get overly offended/annoyed  at posts,  I have been guilty of it myself, but posts can easily get misinterpreted , their tone in particular. In real life it is far easier to interpret someones reaction. 

I am not saying people should not be banned, some posts go beyond the pale, but this is a message board with all sorts of personalities , same as there is at work and in all other areas of life. Accept not everyone is like you, fcks sake, I post a load of absolute shite on here, I never mean to offend anyone but I probably get on their tits. But I am a Scotland fan and enjoy reading this board, especially since I use no other social media. 

And at least on here you can put someone on ignore, you cant do that in the office when someone is prattling on all day about fook all 👀 

Chipper shouldn't have been banned. He saw himself as a crusading intellectual going against the grain and the establishment with his thoughts on how to address the ills of Scottish football. In reality he was just on repeat with 3 over simplified points and clearly without an original thought in his head - his arrogance attempted to make up for this. However he clearly cared about Scottish football and therefore it is bizarre he was banned just because he rubbed a few sensitive souls on an internet message board up the wrong way. 

As someone said, we have the prick Bonny78 infiltrating almost every thread in the TA forum. A troll who is neither funny, original or even abusive - says it all really about this Board that a poor man's troll gets to keep posting the same Dickov/Dawg-Dailly tedium whereas someone who is actually contributing to a discussion (in his own myopic way) is banned.

The only genuine poster who I agreed should have been banned was the Manchester based guy who did a lot of posting when fairly steaming (which a lot of us do) -. I forget his name but some of his steaming posts were pretty poor and he mocked the death/suicide of another poster's relative. Imagine waking up to find you had posted something like that - Jesus. Banning him was probably for his own benefit.......

I knew it would only be a matter of time before someone blamed Rangers for ruining the TAMB.  I did think that it would take a lot less than three pages to get there though.

Seriously guys, you need to up your game.

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

I knew it would only be a matter of time before someone blamed Rangers for ruining the TAMB.  I did think that it would take a lot less than three pages to get there though.

Seriously guys, you need to up your game.

Where has that happened?

17 hours ago, Orraloon said:

2008 also had a big impact. It might have been better if Rangers had won?

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Where has that happened?

See above - I'd have thought you were sharp enough to recognise sarcasm when you see it - clearly I was mistaken.

Just now, aaid said:

See above - I'd have thought you were sharp enough to recognise sarcasm when you see it - clearly I was mistaken.

So no one blamed Rangers. Sound.

Orraloon was, I believe, meaning there'd have been less antagonism and confrontation if Rangers had won. I think he's right.

Not sure how you've taken that as "Blaming Rangers" TBH.

I'll not resort to a wee smart arse comment to end my post like you have either.

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

So no one blamed Rangers. Sound.

Orraloon was, I believe, meaning there'd have been less antagonism and confrontation if Rangers had won. I think he's right.

Not sure how you've taken that as "Blaming Rangers" TBH.

I'll not resort to a wee smart arse comment to end my post like you have either.

I was being sarcastic.

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I will probably be shot down in flames for this but I think people take this board far too seriously. Some folk get overly offended/annoyed  at posts,  I have been guilty of it myself, but posts can easily get misinterpreted , their tone in particular. In real life it is far easier to interpret someones reaction. 

I am not saying people should not be banned, some posts go beyond the pale, but this is a message board with all sorts of personalities , same as there is at work and in all other areas of life. Accept not everyone is like you, fcks sake, I post a load of absolute shite on here, I never mean to offend anyone but I probably get on their tits. But I am a Scotland fan and enjoy reading this board, especially since I use no other social media. 

And at least on here you can put someone on ignore, you cant do that in the office when someone is prattling on all day about fook all 👀 

Spot on tyder. 

On 5/3/2019 at 9:53 AM, Terry Munro said:

Personally couldn't give a fuck if I've offended anyone. Although I doubt I have. 

I completely echo Terry’s sentiments here, I’ll go one further and hope that people are offended by my posts

If someone’s offended then that’s their problem

You can’t give offence, you can only take it