Tamb - where did it all go wrong Part II? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb - where did it all go wrong Part II?

I'm rarely on here these days.

I'm no saint, having had some warnings and even a ban a while ago.

But some of the characters who infest this board just aren't worth the effort.

There used to be the occasional warmer, and that made them easy to ignore.

But these days it's hard to see the wood for the warmers.

If we could get rid of the argumentative, foul-mouthed trolls, there are still enough decent posters on here to make visiting here worthwhile.

(it takes a bit of maturity to accept that someone who holds a different view from you isn't your enemy - and we are all supposed to be Scotland fans after all).

5 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Banning chripper is a bit of a joke 

What was he banned for? Im guessing for using 793 words when 1 would do. If his knob is as long as his posts are then the ladies are in for a treat. 

5 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Banning chripper is a bit of a joke 

Good move in my opinion. I'm surprised it took someone as long to snap with him. Kumnio was right.

Chripper spent his whole time on here repeating the same garbage every day, it made the TA section unreadable even when he was on ignore.

His posting style was always going to piss people off, even on the TV series thread he was a condescing prick

Edited by vanderark14

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

I think the mods were between a rock and hard place on this one. Whilst maybe not abusive the guy was like a real life Rick out of The Young Ones. 

With an invisible "P".

He made some good points but just deliberately tried annoy folk by repeating the same stuff dozens of times.

He will be very pleased that we are talking about him (or her?).

34 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

With an invisible "P".

He made some good points but just deliberately tried annoy folk by repeating the same stuff dozens of times.

He will be very pleased that we are talking about him (or her?).

I doubt that, he would be desperate to get the last word.

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

First and only time I’ve blocked anyone on here. Still not entirely sure Chripper wasn’t on the wind up. Can someone seriously be such a self indulgent, delusional irritant ? 

I can think of quite a few people, and not all of them post on here.

He was a self indulgent pratt who ruined every thread in TA Specific. I wondered if he was all there mentally, at least the last deranged member, Khraeigh, was a laugh, this guy was just a class A knob. Why someone as superior as him, would waste time on this board, trying to challenge Scottish football, when he really should have been running the country.

I maybe shouldnt have responded as I did, but he done my tits in.

I think it is pretty easy to spot a new troll/nuisance on here. However, it seems to take a long time for others to realise it, and they start engaging with them - giving the perpetrator fuel to carry on.

And for some reason it then takes the mods even longer to realise it themselves.

Chripper was one. There is another, who I have on Ignore, but they still appear to be prevalent.

7 hours ago, thplinth said:

The board used to be a really great resource, bringing shit to your attention that you'd never hear about otherwise. (It still is but far less so.) That is what I miss about it most. It used to also provoke regular belly laughs but they are few and far between now. It is a real pity, but as someone pointed out there does not seem to be young folk coming through in anywhere near the same numbers as the old timers have dropped out. 'Social' media has taken a heavy toll blah blah blah... but 2014 was also indirectly a massive kick in the boards nuts.

Aye. a lot of the old posters have just disappeared. Some came back briefly  when the new board started up. The youngsters don't seem to up for a laugh as much as in the old days. Too busy looking for something to be offended about, maybe?

2008 also had a big impact. It might have been better if Rangers had won?

6 hours ago, The Ormond said:

He was a man of literature though, don’t you know? 

Gave as good as he got, not someone to be messed with, tough but fair, playing the leading role in a movie about himself in his own brain.

49 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye. a lot of the old posters have just disappeared. Some came back briefly  when the new board started up. The youngsters don't seem to up for a laugh as much as in the old days. Too busy looking for something to be offended about, maybe?

2008 also had a big impact. It might have been better if Rangers had won?

Do you mean in the way it was handled on here? All the heavy handed bannings / suspensions? 

The fall of Rangers is undoubtedly also a massive factor in the boards decline. 

Edited by thplinth

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Gave as good as he got, not someone to be messed with, tough but fair, playing the leading role in a movie about himself in his own brain.

😂 I’m banned fae anymair “reactions” the day so here’s a laughing smilie. 

Me banned? Pish.