Pitches - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

It's always been an issue.  From day one and from the very first ball that was kicked on it. Personally, the home advantage issue is an irrelevance.  Every team has home advantage for whatever reason.  It's the fact your pitch is utter shite, looks utter shite and plays utter shite that warrants comment.

Has it aye? Luckily your opinion means fuck all.

Forgot Pittodrie is well know for it's bowling green surface.

21 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Has it aye? Luckily your opinion means fuck all.

Forgot Pittodrie is well know for it's bowling green surface.

😆 

Surely even you can recognise that everyone's opinion counts?!

Pittodrie has been excellent yet again throughout this season. It was terrible the year we had an Autumn International played on it followed by horrendous weather.  

Not sure if I'm reading the original post correctly but it sounds like a hybrid pitch with real grass woven amongst the artificial fibres. 

I've not read that much about these new pitches but they sound far better than the full astro ones. 

It'll be interesting to see what the other managers make of this. 

8 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not sure if I'm reading the original post correctly but it sounds like a hybrid pitch with real grass woven amongst the artificial fibres. 

Correct

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

😆

Surely even you can recognise that everyone's opinion counts?!

it does indeed, however your opinion won't make a slight bit of difference as to whether we have one or not!

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Correct

it does indeed, however your opinion won't make a slight bit of difference as to whether we have one or not!

Thanks @Squirrelhumper.

I might try and get down to see it when it's down then. I've only read a bit about them but it's meant to be much closer to grass than any other surface. 

12 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Thanks @Squirrelhumper.

I might try and get down to see it when it's down then. I've only read a bit about them but it's meant to be much closer to grass than any other surface. 

Think you might be thinking of a pitch similar to Celtics recently put down one. Given that cost Celtic £1.5million-ish then I'm going to put my neck on the line and suggest this isn't the same one Kilmarnock are getting.

23 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Think you might be thinking of a pitch similar to Celtics recently put down one. Given that cost Celtic £1.5million-ish then I'm going to put my neck on the line and suggest this isn't the same one Kilmarnock are getting.

Thanks. Couldn't remember where I'd read about it recently. Have they got to the bottom of the disease issue with it yet? 

Maybe Killies will be similar but slightly more affordable. 

Hybrid pitches are grass pitches with some sort of Astro weaved through it to help prevent them going bald as far as I know?

Think Murrayfield has it.

Did Steve Clarke not say they’d be ripping up the Astro, then was told they wouldn’t be. I’m guessing he’s not a fan, which doesn’t really back up the assertion it’s an advantage to Killie, but does back up the fact they’re shite.

The synthetic component of a hybrid pitch is basically all below the surface. The playing surface itself is grass.

Celtic Park and Murrayfield certainly have one and for some reason I think Hearts laid one last close season?

A hybrid pitch is also currently being installed at the new Aberdeen training facility to exactly replicate the future stadium pitch.