Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Its fucking pathetic mate...you know it, and I know it. Yes, there are astro pitches that are top of the range, but a good grass park beats a good astro park every day of the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Its fucking pathetic mate...you know it, and I know it. Yes, there are astro pitches that are top of the range, but a good grass park beats a good astro park every day of the week.

What is pathetic was your mob yesterday.

Perfect grass pitch and you played like you'd never seen a football before, never mind grass!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What is pathetic was your mob yesterday.

Perfect grass pitch and you played like you'd never seen a football before, never mind a grass!

 

lee%20wallace%202.jpg?quality=80&width=9

He’s not even on the bench these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was speaking to a killie fan in Kazakhstan who said he'd happily give up 10 points a season to go back to grass, shouldn't be allowed in the professional game

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What is pathetic was your mob yesterday.

Perfect grass pitch and you played like you'd never seen a football before, never mind grass!

That is also pathetic, correct. It looks to me that the players have downed tools for the season, which isn't acceptable.

 

Astro pitches can take a fuck to themselves though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dan cake said:

Was speaking to a killie fan in Kazakhstan who said he'd happily give up 10 points a season to go back to grass, shouldn't be allowed in the professional game

What an odd remark. Why would a Kilmarnock fan care what surface they use, especially if it's one that clearly benefits them? Do people actually get a hard on for the good old days of grass parks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dan cake said:

Was speaking to a killie fan in Kazakhstan who said he'd happily give up 10 points a season to go back to grass, shouldn't be allowed in the professional game

He sounds like a complete bellend. Which wouldn't exactly narrow it down in the Scotland away support.

Funnily enough, I don't know any fans who'd give up points to play on grass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Killies current pitch is one of the better ones.

Accies is shocking. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an outbreak of football at NDP, and the surface is definitely partly to blame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

What an odd remark. Why would a Kilmarnock fan care what surface they use, especially if it's one that clearly benefits them? Do people actually get a hard on for the good old days of grass parks?

The bit about it clearly benefiting us is a complete fallacy.

We were utter shite on it for 3 seasons, think we nearly went a year without a home win. We're good on it now as we've a decent manager/team. Exactly the same way that we're good away now.

For example we've picked up more points at Pittodrie since the plastic went down, than we have at RP against Aberdeen.

We've lost 4 times at home this season and 3 times away. Albeit, we've drawn more away but doubt there's many teams who win more away games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The bit about it clearly benefiting us is a complete fallacy.

We were utter shite on it for 3 seasons, think we nearly went a year without a home win. We're good on it now as we've a decent manager/team. Exactly the same way that we're good away now.

For example we've picked up more points at Pittodrie since the plastic went down, than we have at RP against Aberdeen.

We've lost 4 times at home this season and 3 times away. Albeit, we've drawn more away but doubt there's many teams who win more away games.

It depends how you look at it. I'd say it benefits Kilmarnock as players from other teams are uncomfortable/unable to play on it. Indirect benefit. I'm not trying to say you're like 2010/2011 Barcelona.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

say it benefits Kilmarnock as players from other teams are uncomfortable/unable to play on it.

Go back to 2015-2017 and look at how many pumpings we took on that pitch and tell me others teams can't play on it! It's only a problem for other teams if we're playing well. Barely heard a peep when we were getting scudded on it every second week under Locke, Clark or McCulloch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Why shouldn't plastic pitches be allowed in the professional game?

Because big Jessies like Paterson might get injured and miss the rest of the season...... oh ......wait a minute......

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

The Motherwell players see the Fir Park pitch once a fortnight

Which is still a hell of lot more than any other team.

Your point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

That Killie have a far bigger advantage using their kid-on grass than Motherwell do on a daft wee slope

In your opinion.

Motherwell train on kid on grass plenty. Most teams do on a regular basis, Christ, some even have halls in their training complex's which have pitches with kid on grass on them.

As I said, wasn't even an issue when we were getting pumped by 3, 4 or 5 regularly on it. It's only now that teams are starting to lose on it. that folk are on their high horse.

it's not like we don't pickup points away. If Motherwell could have picked as many points at home (on grass) and we could away (on grass) then maybe they'd not be downing tools in April.

For the record, we were absolutely rank rotten at Hamilton this season on plastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course its my opinion, ya big fud

 

Under McCulloch and the previous other numpties that you had in charge, you'd have been butt-fucked on any surface you played on. Now you have a manager that knows what he is doing and has you playing to system that suits, you're a match for any team on grass, but there is no getting away from the point that you're plastic pitch is a benefit to you. Gary Holt has recently said that his astro pitch is a leveller for his side as well.

 

Motherwell train at Dalziel Park on grass...unless they are forced indoors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Of course its my opinion, ya big fud

 

Under McCulloch and the previous other numpties that you had in charge, you'd have been butt-fucked on any surface you played on. Now you have a manager that knows what he is doing and has you playing to system that suits, you're a match for any team on grass, but there is no getting away from the point that you're plastic pitch is a benefit to you. Gary Holt has recently said that his astro pitch is a leveller for his side as well.

 

Motherwell train at Dalziel Park on grass...unless they are forced indoors.

You have just defeated your own point and backed up SH by saying that the pitch gave no advantages whatsoever when the manager/team were pish. You can't say it wasn't an advantage but now is simply because they have a better manager. If it was a benefit then it would have been a benefit whoever was in charge, maybe not to the same degree with a better team and manager but they would have gained some benefit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not at all...the pitch is always an advantage, but if you've got a shite team and a shite manager then that advantage is negated somewhat, by the fact that the players and management are haddies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

In your opinion.

Motherwell train on kid on grass plenty. Most teams do on a regular basis, Christ, some even have halls in their training complex's which have pitches with kid on grass on them.

As I said, wasn't even an issue when we were getting pumped by 3, 4 or 5 regularly on it. It's only now that teams are starting to lose on it. that folk are on their high horse.

it's not like we don't pickup points away. If Motherwell could have picked as many points at home (on grass) and we could away (on grass) then maybe they'd not be downing tools in April.

For the record, we were absolutely rank rotten at Hamilton this season on plastic.

It's always been an issue.  From day one and from the very first ball that was kicked on it. Personally, the home advantage issue is an irrelevance.  Every team has home advantage for whatever reason.  It's the fact your pitch is utter shite, looks utter shite and plays utter shite that warrants comment.

Edited by SMcoolJ
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

You have just defeated your own point and backed up SH by saying that the pitch gave no advantages whatsoever when the manager/team were pish. You can't say it wasn't an advantage but now is simply because they have a better manager. If it was a benefit then it would have been a benefit whoever was in charge, maybe not to the same degree with a better team and manager but they would have gained some benefit.

Correct, he knows this though.

Our away record now is better than most teams in the league are at home. The benefit of having the pitch is minimal IMO, with the calibre of the manager being head and shoulders above any other reason or our good home form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...