SFA Conspiracy Thread - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SFA Conspiracy Thread

If I was some head honcho spook in charge of protecting the realm, making sure we all want to be British, in a union and adverse to nationalism.
I’d infiltrate the SFA and fill it full of my ‘people’.
 I’d then run it into the ground. 
Scotland is in the top 5 nations on earth in football fanaticism. You make a mockery of it and it will make people question their ability to run their own country. It is demoralizing, dispiriting. 
How many decades of ridiculous ‘mismanagement’ will it take until you realize it is 'deliberate'. 

Being rational i'd say the only deliberate actions are lining their own pockets and that being their only ambition

The rest is a knock on effect

I doubt any of them are clever enough to dream up such a conspiracy even though it seems like it

• 5 months later...
21 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

You'd think the more "conservative" SRU would have a similar approach to mismanagement then?

In which case they're doing exceedingly badly at it.

Exatctly, the SRU have worked wonders over the last ten years to get a competitive side on the park, this along with good marketing has seen an increase in attendances and there's an excitement around the team.  However there is one more significant difference between the SRU and the SFA or perhaps rugby and football. Playing international rugby is the pinnacle for scotland players, we cant see the same for the SFA and the football players. 

The SFA is run by the clubs for the clubs, so who's doing the infiltrating?

I never thought I would say this but I would rather watch the rugby than the football nowadays. I'm no glory hunter, If I were I would be following more successful sides, all i want from any team I watch is a show of determination and fight in every game. We haven't had that from a scotland side for years and I include Strachan's good run in that.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Exatctly, the SRU have worked wonders over the last ten years to get a competitive side on the park, this along with good marketing has seen an increase in attendances and there's an excitement around the team.  However there is one more significant difference between the SRU and the SFA or perhaps rugby and football. Playing international rugby is the pinnacle for scotland players, we cant see the same for the SFA and the football players. 

I never thought I would say this but I would rather watch the rugby than the football nowadays. I'm no glory hunter, If I were I would be following more successful sides, all i want from any team I watch is a show of determination and fight in every game. We haven't had that from a scotland side for years and I include Strachan's good run in that.

When did that happen then? Or, are you talking about when he was still playing?;)

• 1 month later...

Bump. 

Definitely something shady going on. Look at that disgusting shirt released today. Please, spare me the shite about a 96 top being red, white and navy or some other bollocks about red socks. 
What better way to crush a major “feel good factor” about nationalism in a male than infiltrating his country’s team?

On 9/10/2019 at 7:55 AM, vanderark14 said:

SRU maybe took a bit longer, but did you watch the world cup?

11 hours ago, WCTA said:

Bump. 

Definitely something shady going on. Look at that disgusting shirt released today. Please, spare me the shite about a 96 top being red, white and navy or some other bollocks about red socks. 
What better way to crush a major “feel good factor” about nationalism in a male than infiltrating his country’s team?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDHn9ILNpXLuuq5kOER8g

If our sense of national pride is influenced by the design of a fitba shirt we might as well gie up the gemme.

PS - The new top is absolutely howling.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDHn9ILNpXLuuq5kOER8g

If our sense of national pride is influenced by the design of a fitba shirt we might as well gie up the gemme.

PS - The new top is absolutely howling.

I agree with you. But there are some swathes of roasters in Scotland who think like that.