Sky Sports vs BT Sports - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sky Sports vs BT Sports

I’m considering switching from Virgin to Sky. Only thing stopping me is that I get BT Sport free with my Virgin package whereas it’s around £30 extra on sky making their overall package more expensive. Does anyone have any idea of the numbers of Scottish games shown on Sky this season vs BT Sport?

Just now, Fairbairn said:

I’m considering switching from Virgin to Sky. Only thing stopping me is that I get BT Sport free with my Virgin package whereas it’s around £30 extra on sky making their overall package more expensive. Does anyone have any idea of the numbers of Scottish games shown on Sky this season vs BT Sport?

Sky seem to get all the OF Derbies, but BT have far more games and the coverage is well better.

Have a look in the IPTV thread in anything goes. Have your cake and eat it.

:ok:

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Sky seem to get all the OF Derbies, but BT have far more games and the coverage is well better.

Have a look in the IPTV thread in anything goes. Have your cake and eat it.

:ok:

I thought that BT had more games but had a look at the post split games and it’s 7/2 in Sky’s favour. 

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I thought that BT had more games but had a look at the post split games and it’s 7/2 in Sky’s favour. 

Sky are taking over all league matches soon but I think BT is far superior. 

Sky would suit you because its nothing more than an old firm season ticket channel. Its hosted by the Scottish version of beavis and butthead, kris boyd and kris commons

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Sky would suit you because its nothing more than an old firm season ticket channel. Its hosted by the Scottish version of beavis and butthead, kris boyd and kris commons

I know that wasn’t meant as an insult but eh, thanks! :lol:

On 4/5/2019 at 5:36 PM, vanderark14 said:

Still Sky & BT next season.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I thought sky took over next year.

Have you seen the SPFL matters show with boyd and commons. Its extremely amateur looking.

It’s awful. I assume that won’t be back next season. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

It’s awful. I assume that won’t be back next season. 

It shows the ignorance of sky. Boyd and commons are there to stay, they're the chief football guests on most Scottish football shows on sky.

They do it to have a Celtic and rangers representative, that's fine but they could at least find two with a brain cell or maybe two

BT lost a lot of its attraction when they lost most of their European domestic league coverage. I prefer BT for the football and Sky for the cricket. I really dislike F1 and Golf so Sky get marked down for that. I don't listen to the commentary or punditry on Scottish games so I can't really comment on this. If BT lost the Scottish  football rights I would ditch it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers.  However if the Scottish fitba is switching away from BT altogether that more or less makes my mind up for me.  I had my first experience of IPTV yesterday (or some sort of version of it) and it was absolute dugshit so I'll be swerving that too I think.